Why is it again, that Windstone Doesn't Sell Boxes?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Why is it again, that Windstone Doesn't Sell Boxes?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

They also used the foam inserts from time to time. My Peacok Scratcher came in a box w/ foam inserts, just like what you’re talking about Pam.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Leigha
      Participant

I have a flion who came with his original Styrofoam box ^^

Jennifer
        Keymaster

If the expanding foam inserts I linked to work for shipping Windstones (and it seems Jennifer has used them before and approves of them), then whether Windstone does or does not sell replacement boxes should be a complete non-issue. The expanding foam inserts are also a lot cheaper. And if anyone here gets around to making their own foam inserts with canned foam and plastic bags, please post your results! Canned foam and plastic bags are both easy to acquire and very cheap. If you choose to experiment with canned expanding foam, look for the “minimal expanding” kind.

I have used them to ship fragile sculptures worth over $1k before. They DO work well and are easy to customize for whatever sculpt you have.
          Bags with expanding foam might even be easier!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

Ok, I wont’ lie.. I read some and then scrolled to the end.. What about a section in the classifieds for those who do not keep their boxes, to sell their boxes? Lets face it, at one point of time ALL windstones had a box.. the Windstones that do not have boxes now is because some got damaged, and others were just thrown out… Now, mind you, I keep my boxes, but if I were someone who did not, the idea of being able to sell the box and make some $$ back from my purchase, seems a lot more appealing to me than just throwing it away?

I was thinking where we have a “For Sale / Trade / Wanted” section we could also have a “Packing Supplies” section where people can post sale/want ads for boxes n whatnot, nothing fancy, but puts it in it’s own spot away from actual Windstone pieces..

Pam

For now you could use the “other” category, I think, for selling or looking for packing materials. If there gets to be an overwhelming number of ads from people selling boxes, I can make a new category for them 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.