fbpx

What's anyone reading?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What's anyone reading?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

Loved Eddings but I agree with the reusing of plots. Found a UK writer that I love, Simon R. Green’s Nightside series. If you’re in the mood for lighter fare, MaryJanice Davidson’s Betsy series (makes me laugh out loud everytime. Which makes people look at me funny sometimes). Anything by Neil Gaiman is wonderful.

Heather
      Participant

asinnamon wrote:

…I think I read some Charles Dickson(??), not sure if that’s his name, about a couple seperatley getting “sent” to a different place and the man gets plunked into the body of a dragon, the woman falls into the wrong hands ofcourse…ther is a magician, a knight, a wolf, etc..invovled….

I know that one! πŸ˜€ That’s “The Dragon and the George”; author is Gordon R. Dickson. It’s a fun read: among other things, the dragon term for humans is “georges”, thanks to what they perceive as the terrible misunderstanding by St. George. There may be a sequel; I can’t remember. They turned the book into a really cute animated film called “Flight of Dragons” which I loved as a kid. I believe John Ritter did the voice of the main character; he’s hilarious as a dragon. Sweet little movie, and I don’t know why it had such a limited DVD release. I keep seeing it turn up in the bootleg video bins at Comic-Con, which is usually a pretty fair indicator that a film has a following. You’d think it would at least get a second shot at the regular market, like “Secret of NIMH” did.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Barrdwing wrote:

I know that one! πŸ˜€ That’s “The Dragon and the George”; author is Gordon R. Dickson. It’s a fun read: among other things, the dragon term for humans is “georges”, thanks to what they perceive as the terrible misunderstanding by St. George. There may be a sequel; I can’t remember. They turned the book into a really cute animated film called “Flight of Dragons” which I loved as a kid. I believe John Ritter did the voice of the main character; he’s hilarious as a dragon. Sweet little movie, and I don’t know why it had such a limited DVD release. I keep seeing it turn up in the bootleg video bins at Comic-Con, which is usually a pretty fair indicator that a film has a following. You’d think it would at least get a second shot at the regular market, like “Secret of NIMH” did.

Give it a while and I’m sure it will eventually be released. I had a friend who was working at Suncoast Video when they announced the first release of a “little B rated film” The Last Unicorn. Needless to say the execs were pleasntly surprised at the strong sales. It’s even been remastered and re-released in widescreen since then (25th anniversary edition)!

dragonmedley
          Participant

I just finished the 13 and 1/2 lives of Captain Bluebear by Moer.

It was really weird and really funny. The author illustrated the book throughout. It’s a parody of a lot of scientific stuff.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

BipolarBear
            Participant

Now im into the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It’s really awesome and I recommend it to anyone that likes books.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
              Engaged to a Weasel

lamortefille
              Participant

BiPolarBear wrote:

Now im into the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It’s really awesome and I recommend it to anyone that likes books.

When you are finished with them, you’ll have to let us know how you liked the ending…

Elena
                Participant

Right now, I’m waiting for paperback versions of books (and for the prices to go down here πŸ™„ ) So I’ve been re-reading alot of my current collection.
                  E.E. Knight – Vampire Earth and Age of Fire
                  Mercedes Lackey
                  Anne McCaffery
                  Marion Zimmer Bradley
                  Harry Potter
                  Plus a bunch of random stuff
                  Currently on the nightstand is “Winds of Change” by Mercedes Lackey

Mirrako
                  Participant

I was surprised that nobody mentioned the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. Nice twist with the dragons!

His Majesty’s Dragon
                    Throne of Jade
                    Black Powder War
                    Empire of Ivory

Also, Shana Abe’s Smoke Thief and Dream Thief. Definitely aimed toward adults–has a couple of steamy scenes…

Just got Empire of Ivory and Dream Thief, so I’m not finished with either of them yet…

Recently finished By The Sword (Kerowyn’s Tale) by Mercedes Lackey and loved it!

Hmmmm–Dragon Harper by Anne and Todd McCaffrey doesn’t come out until 26 December.

Ellis Peters’ Brother Cadfael books (or DVD’s!) are excellent if you like mysteries.

Oh, I got lots of ideas from this thread, so many thanks!!! πŸ˜€

I’m a huge bookworm, or should it be book-wyrm? (cheesy dragon joke) I usually read Dean Koontz, have been on a paranormal romance kick lately, witches, vampires and shifters OH MY! I read MaryJanice Davidson, Charlaine Harris, Katie MacAllister, Nina Bangs and others in that genre. I also read the Nora Roberts, Johanna Lyndsey and such. used to be a big Steven King fan, but he got too predictable. We should start a book club!! lol

Right now, I am reading Lisey’s Story by King. I jsut finished Hannibal. I read alot of Koontz, Patterson, King, Saul…I have alot of books. πŸ˜€

Right now I’m reading (in theory, as I never seem to get very far) Edward Rutherford’s The Princes of Ireland. Bit off my normal track, but good.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.