fbpx

What makes a complete "set"?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What makes a complete "set"?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

So I NEED to know ๐Ÿ˜€ ….in the case of your dragons what is defined as a complete “dragon family?”

Is it the father, mother, young, and hatching? Or does one need those plus the fledgie, emporer, hatching empress, hatching kinglet… *pauses and counts fingers*…err lap dragon, spectral riser, spectral (sitting), scratching, coiled, mother coiled…and….curled. (I think that covers them all…)

This is actually important to me in collection terms. I am wondering if I have to slowly acquire a complete family or rob a bank in order to get ALL of them…. ๐Ÿ˜†

I do know the “original family” includes the Emperor, Male, Mother, Young, and Hatchling. The rest slowly showed up after those, one or two at a time. Although, I do believe you are the first to ask Melody this question. I find it very interesting also, and would like to know the answer to it. ๐Ÿ˜€

frozendragon
    Participant

yes.. it would be interesting to hear Melody’s definition of a complete set..

Maria
      Participant

The fledgling came along afterwards because it was supposed to be a young Old Warrior, which was originally intended to be the EMpress dragon… The scratcher’s been around since the beginning too, but it always seemed to be me he was some of “black sheep uncle” or something and not really a part of the original five (emp, male, mother, young and hatching).
        Good question! I want to know what Melody says too.

Actually the Scratcher was released after the original 5 too. He just looks more like them than the Lap or OW, Hatching Royals and what not. But that is my opinion on the separation of the families. ๐Ÿ˜‰ But I do know for the longest time, the first 5 were the only ones available when I was younger. I mean there were Wizards and such also. ๐Ÿ™‚

Melody
        Keymaster

Dragons4Life wrote:

So I NEED to know ๐Ÿ˜€ ….in the case of your dragons what is defined as a complete “dragon family?”

Is it the father, mother, young, and hatching? Or does one need those plus the fledgie, emporer, hatching empress, hatching kinglet… *pauses and counts fingers*…err lap dragon, spectral riser, spectral (sitting), scratching, coiled, mother coiled…and….curled. (I think that covers them all…)

This is actually important to me in collection terms. I am wondering if I have to slowly acquire a complete family or rob a bank in order to get ALL of them…. ๐Ÿ˜†
          We usually refer to the “family ” as being the male, female, hatching and young dragon. The Emperor goes with the Fledgling and Royal Hatchers, though there isn’t a Empress yet. ( I tried to sculpt one but she turned into the Old Warrior)
          The Old Warrior, Lap and Scratcher are extended family: uncles and cousins. So are the Spectrals. I guess a “full matching set” would be all the pieces we made in one color. You don’t have to do anything, just collect what you like!

Maria
          Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Actually the Scratcher was released after the original 5 too.

Really? I just remember in some old and tattered Dancing Dragons catalogues, that he was listed with the other five.

Wait – he was never originally released in green or brown. So he must have come later. WSC knows her stuff! ๐Ÿ˜†

Bodine
            Participant

Great info guys.Now you have asked and answered one of my never ending questions to our illustrious leader ๐Ÿ˜€
              Where do the curls fit in,distant cousins? ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

bayoudragon
              Participant

pet snakes? ๐Ÿ˜†

Mascots? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Thanks for answering that Melody! ๐Ÿ™‚ I always assumed that the Emperor goes with the Family since his face and body shape appears closer to the first four, he was pictured with the family often in the mini catalogs, and he was around for quite some time before the Cousins, aunts and uncles. So I am glad you told us about them. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll have to jot that down and put it in the stack of paper to go through and sort information after I finally run out of PYO’s. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

drag0nfeathers
                Participant

Nirvanacat answered this once…

Curls = Cowpies

Got a busted Windstone?
                  drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                  *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                  Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                  Siphlophis Male Dragon
                  Calypso Hatching Empress
                  Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                  Tattoo Mother Kirin
                  Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                  Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                  Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                  Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                  Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                  Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PhoenixTears
                  Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

Where do the curls fit in,distant cousins? ๐Ÿ˜€

Under foot cow pies?! ๐Ÿ˜›
                    Kidding! I adore the curls. Easily in my top 3 of favourite dragon sculpts.

โ€œFate whispers to the wolf, you cannot withstand the storm; and the wolf whispers back, I AM the storm.โ€

Ah so my question is answered. The original family is then the four “main” pieces.
                    I have the empea male so I would then consider this color “complete” if I added the mother, hatching, and young.
                    The others would then just be the “specials” or “extended family”.

Thanks for answering Melody!

And of course I don’t HAVE to get them all, but I’ll certainly try! ๐Ÿ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.