What is mint?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone What is mint?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

hey I hear alot of you guys talking about fixing broken pieces. I went thru mine yesterday and out of the 50 or so that i have probly less than half are mint. anything from rubs of color comming off (like my black momma uni) to my peacock scratching dragon whos whole upper body broke off. if they break i repair them and put them back on display.
    but do you guys have mostly mint pieces? would you consider small “flea bites” mint? just curious cuz im about to lose my house and i may have to part with some dragons and if i do i want to list them properly.

frozendragon
    Participant

to me…mint is perfect condition with absolutely nothing wrong…like buying it brand new…..

although you can still say good condition for tiny flea bites…and list them….

I say great condition for something I’ve fixed a rub on an you can’t see anymore….

but most of the time if you just list everything exactly the way it is…chips fleabites rubs whatever…..

people will still bid and be satisfied

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

ryliecat wrote:

hey I hear alot of you guys talking about fixing broken pieces. I went thru mine yesterday and out of the 50 or so that i have probly less than half are mint. anything from rubs of color comming off (like my black momma uni) to my peacock scratching dragon whos whole upper body broke off. if they break i repair them and put them back on display.
        but do you guys have mostly mint pieces? would you consider small “flea bites” mint? just curious cuz im about to lose my house and i may have to part with some dragons and if i do i want to list them properly.

Don’t lose your house!

WolfenMachine
        Participant

I think (judging from the higher bids on ebay) others consider MINT to be, with the tag attached, with the original box, and original plastic, never broken, no flea bites.

To ME, mint is-“okay it has some paint rubs or chips or has been broken, but I’ve repaired it and you have to hold it an inch from your nose in the sunlight to see it” and I don’t care much for the tags or boxes(unless the box happens to come with it, I’ll save it)

Bob

Mint to me means the same condition it was in whe you bought it Brand new. If there is anything wrong flea bites, paint rubs eytc, It is not longer mint. As far as I know every Windstone I have is Mint

Lokie
            Participant

Dragon Master wrote:

Mint to me menas the same condition it was in whe you bought it Brand new. If there is anything wrong flea bites, paint rubs eytc, It is not longer mint.

I aggree. No flaws or defects except manufacturing ones is what I would consider mint.

Bob

I look at it like this. Mint means that the item is in perfect condition as though it has lived it’s life in a mint or behind glass and never been out in public. Coins are in MINT condition if the look the exact same way they did when they came off the MINT. I think this is where the phrase came from. For somehting to be mint it has to be in the exacty new condition it was when bought for the first time.

Technically speaking, do you still have to have the original box for it to be mint? I know with toys you generally do but they are packaged differently than statues.

Bob

I would say not to that. Windstone boxes are not realy factory sealed like the other collectibles. The only thing that seperates the Windstone boxes is the little sticket that tells you what was originally insode the box. I think that a Mint Windstone would not have to have the original box. I do however have all my original boxes though

DantheDragon
                  Participant

I consider a mint item to have no flaws whatsoever, but not required to have tags or the box.

littleironhorse
                    Participant

To me Mint means, like new with no flaw whatsoever. Fleabites or paint rubs could probably be called “excellent condition”, but not “mint” and you would have to be sure to describe the flaws.

And according to Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mint_condition

Skigod377
                      Participant

No flea bites, no chips, no cracks, etc. I dont know about the tag, as some Windstones never came with tags. I suppose it could be “Mint without tag” or “Mint with tag.” I dont see how a buyer could be upset about that. I know some of mine didnt come with a hang tag and some you can see where the tag was cut off, cuz the remnance are still there underneath the felt. Most of mine are mint, though I do have a ding here and there.

Isn’t it the older statues that have no tag? When was it they started putting tags on anyway? I have some with tags, but alot without…makes sense since alot fot hem were late 80’s through the early 90’s. Now as I watch the ruby go extinct (and the emerald), I wish I had spent more time catching up on the new ones. But I figured the peacock hung around so long…and some of the newer colors are ever so much prettier, that they would be around for a while…Silly me. 😛 I will have to stay off ebay and get into the stores to find the new ones so that I don’t spend forever buying retired peices… 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.