fbpx

What do you love to create , craft or dream up .

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion What do you love to create , craft or dream up .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Carolyn
    Participant

What is it you like to make or do .

Me I love to draw and write stories .

I love to make furry bats with fake fur , rinestone eyes , stuffing , wire for the wings and long tails . I make them out of any shade of fake fur . They are small but cute .
      And yes I have sold some . But fake fur is hard to find .

Purplecat
      Participant

I like to sculpt, draw and do scent blending.

With my sculpting…I’ve enjoyed exploring several genre types such as cartoon, nature studies, fantasy and steampunk. I’m only mediocre at drawing, but would love to get better with watercolors someday. I also like the blending qualities of oil paints….but tend to be too impatient to work with them.

Scent blending is something I’ve only truly discovered in the past year, due to the skin needs of my youngest daughter….making a better moisturizer for her eczema branched out into a much larger project adventure, and before long my house was cluttered with soaps, body butters and perfumes.

Most of the folks here already know about my sculpting…I actually began sculpting due to the forums here! If anyone’s interested in checking out my various other projects, here’s a website link:

http://www.purplecat-creatives.com

I also love maintaining an herb garden on my back porch through the summer months. I’m particularly fond of rosemary, thyme, sweet basil and oregano. Someday I’d love to figure out how to keep my herbs alive indoors through the winter, but for now I settle for fresh herbs through only 2/3 of the year. I’m also experimenting with growing a few vegetables…so far I’ve had some success with spinach, and I’m reeeaaally hoping for fresh cherry tomatoes this year, if my seedlings continue to do well.

Adaneth
        Participant

I’d like to see some of your bats sometime. They sound cute. 🙂

For me, nearly all my creative energy circles around the ‘world’ I’ve been working with for the last 18 years. Now I’ve got 6 novels, a couple novellas, some 30 short stories, and plenty of illustrations, and no intention of stopping either writing or illustrating anytime soon!

Another area I like to dabble in is animating. I’m too fond of making animated icons, in fact the one I use here is the very first animation I ever made, though the Shado’s just flicking its tongue in and out. Now I’m up to over 70 of them on my LJ, though some I make from video I take with my digital camera. I’d love to get into bigger animations of my characters, or simple music videos of some ballads that go with my writing, but I have a problem with how much computer resources and time it takes…

This little couple-second clip

Took five DAYS for my old pc to render! So needless to say I haven’t been able to get into it much yet, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to do more with the new pc I recently got. 🙂

Carolyn
          Participant

I’d like to see some of your bats sometime. They sound cute. 🙂

For me, nearly all my creative energy circles around the ‘world’ I’ve been working with for the last 18 years. Now I’ve got 6 novels, a couple novellas, some 30 short stories, and plenty of illustrations, and no intention of stopping either writing or illustrating anytime soon!

Another area I like to dabble in is animating. I’m too fond of making animated icons, in fact the one I use here is the very first animation I ever made, though the Shado’s just flicking its tongue in and out. Now I’m up to over 70 of them on my LJ, though some I make from video I take with my digital camera. I’d love to get into bigger animations of my characters, or simple music videos of some ballads that go with my writing, but I have a problem with how much computer resources and time it takes…

This little couple-second clip

Took five DAYS for my old pc to render! So needless to say I haven’t been able to get into it much yet, but I’m hoping I’ll be able to do more with the new pc I recently got. 🙂

I need to get a camera soon . My bats are cute . Big ears and long tails . Black , brown , leopard , white and any combition of those colors . Even the wings are furry . lol . I love making things like that . Cutting and sewing by hand . I use to make cloaks too . But lost interest in doing that .
            I bought 4 cloaks and I don’t want them either .
            I enjoy making things .

Carolyn
            Participant

I have 4 I could sell as soon as I get a camera .
              One all leopard with topaz golden eyes .
              All black one with red eyes .
              Black with white wings ears and tail . odd colored eyes . Red and fushia .
              Black and white ears and tail . blue eyes .

Now to get a camera .

Adaneth
              Participant

Have you read the Silverwing/Sunwing/Firewing books by Kenneth Oppel? Reading your description of your bats made me think of them, because those books are about bats and they’re a really fun read.

Carolyn
                Participant

Yes I read those books . I love bats . I always have .
                  People tend to think of them as rabies carriers and they get into your hair . Noone thinks of thew good they do . Insect control and polinate flowers . And fruit bats help create new trees . And farmers like the bat waste for the plants .
                  Bats are wonderful creatures and yes I have the brown vampire bat by Melody .

Carolyn
                  Participant

A talk about my furry bats made me create little balls of fur called Dust Bunnies . They have either rindstone or pony bead eyes . Rindstone for cute display and pony beads for display of cuteness or cat toys . Always odd colored eyes . They don’t match . It makes them gun . Selling them for 4.00 each . Have 7 made so far . Out Wolf fake fur and one of black fur fabric . Going to do other colors soon .

Got a bunch of brown ones made . They are adorible with pony bead eyes .

Boy have I been making dust bunnies . They are addictive . Sold one . As a cat toy . Pony bead eyes sowed on very securely .

Carolyn
                    Participant

Here are some of them . Dust Bunnies and one bat .
                      So you can see what they look like . They are for sale under Non Windstone Flea Market .
                      This pic was taken by Bodine . Thank you .

Photobucket

Misty
                      Participant

LOLOLOLOL! I Love it! I guess the dust bunny with eyes thing was a good idea, so cute and furry, they make me want to pet something >.< I love the bat, he is way cute! WTG Sasha!

I like purplecat's and adaneth's stuff too , so many creative people seem to enjoy windstones!

As far as creative things I like to do. I like to draw, paint windstones and christmas ornaments, plant flowers and do some occasional sewing. I especially like to draw and paint wildlife and fantasy pieces. I used to write stories as well, but I have not done that in years. I do some sculpture and wood carving if time (and money) allows. Hmmmm, I think that's it :bigsmile:

Carolyn
                        Participant

Yeah funny to see the bat hanging from his tail . The dust bunnies look cute sitting around Windstones .

Adaneth
                          Participant

LOLOLOLOL! I Love it! I guess the dust bunny with eyes thing was a good idea, so cute and furry, they make me want to pet something >.< I love the bat, he is way cute! WTG Sasha!

I like purplecat's and adaneth's stuff too , so many creative people seem to enjoy windstones!

As far as creative things I like to do. I like to draw, paint windstones and christmas ornaments, plant flowers and do some occasional sewing. I especially like to draw and paint wildlife and fantasy pieces. I used to write stories as well, but I have not done that in years. I do some sculpture and wood carving if time (and money) allows. Hmmmm, I think that's it :bigsmile:

What kind of Christmas ornaments do you paint, opal dragon? Any photos? 🙂

Carolyn
                            Participant

I’d love to see pics of creations that people here do too . Pist pics if you can .

Misty
                              Participant

What kind of Christmas ornaments do you paint, opal dragon? Any photos? 🙂

I generally paint the regular round glass ones, sometimes porcelain though it is a lot more expensive, I have some pics of ones I did a couple of years ago (didn’t do many last year I was in the middle of moving). Here are a few, I did about 100 of them that year! I do paint from christmas cards most of the time. But they are all hand painted, I paint just about anything people ask me for except portraits, ornaments are far too small (not to mention how round they are) to be painting portraits on =)

Carolyn
                                Participant

They are stunning . Love the dragon . Just breathtaking . The bunny ! I adore bunnies . And that horse with the red bow is so funny .

How much do you charge for them . I know if you put them up under Non Windstone Flea Market you’d sell them . Well here too .

I would love a Halloween one .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.