fbpx

What do you do when you can't sleep?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What do you do when you can't sleep?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    littleironhorse
    Participant

Well, I just finished washing the dishes (I know, I should have done them earlier but I was procrastinating).

And right now I’m waiting for the stove cleaning solution (Easy-Off) to be ready to be wiped off… should be good in about 15 minutes.

Hannah
      Participant

I surf the web XD (surprised?)
        Sometimes I will watch something on Netflix – if I am trying to sleep, I try to keep it light and happy, so I can fall asleep to it if necessary.
        If that doesn’t work, I play games – simple online games generally put my mind in a more hypnotic state, which eventually leads to me being able to crawl into bed and sleep!

If all else fails, there’s always the Windstone forums ;D

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
        Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kim
        Blocked

I tend to stay up late online researching, watching videos and documentaries but when I do want to fall asleep I sometimes take a melatonin pill (a natural supplement you can get at the drug store which dissolves under your tongue) and it puts me to sleep within 20-30 min. and helps me have a good deep sleep all night.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

fatalbeauty
          Participant

thinking about a movie from beginning to end the best I can seems to help…

also deep breathing tends to help too…

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

I read or knit. Usually I take benidril, valarian or zzqqil when I can’t sleep….right now though it’s hot out and my allergies suck…so sleep is not my friend …

dragonmedley
              Participant

Fairway Solitaire on the iPad.

Bonne nuit!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
                Participant

I’m not sure what time zone everyone is in, but DM… You’re up early! πŸ˜‰

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Nah, I’m at work – though I do start at 7:30.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
                    Participant

Nah, I’m at work – though I do start at 7:30.

:O

Falcolf
                      Participant

I usually try to read until I pass out, but it doesn’t always work, especially if the book is really holding my attention or I haven’t read it before. Generally if I’m reading fiction or one of my manuscripts I’m kind of shooting myself in the foot. I try not to read manuscripts before bed because whenever I see a typo I can’t resist the seething itch to fix it which keeps me awake! (Any movement on my part wakes me up, which is why I keep my reading light really close to my bed. I also have a USB rechargeable flash light for that.) If I’m smart, (which I’m not about 90% of the time) I’ll read a horse blog or some other non-fiction. Nothing causes me to lose interest or get distracted faster than non-fiction haha! (Don’t get me wrong, if animals are involved it’ll hold my attention, just the likelihood of my passing out while reading it if I am tired is much higher than if it was fiction.)

That’s pretty much all I do. Sometimes if I’m really desperate I’ll take melatonin or Rescue Remedy (especially if my anxiety is acting up) but usually I just read. I’m terrible at falling asleep without some reading material – if I don’t have a book to read I’m usually (mentally, silently) muttering to myself, conceptualizing story parts. The best thing for insomnia I’ve found is just getting up earlier in the day so that I get tired enough to pass out at a decent time instead of 2 am!

I’ve also been known to browse this forum at an ungodly hour haha. πŸ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Trava
                        Participant

I learned to meditate a few years ago. My instructor told us that the awkward positions and poses were to keep us from falling asleep since brains prefer sleeping to meditation. Ever since then I try meditating while comfortable when I can’t sleep. It usually works.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.