fbpx

What did you Give for Christmas?

Home Forums Miscellany Community What did you Give for Christmas?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

It also gets called seafoam, or honeycomb. There’s a choclates chain here that sells it as seafoam. It’s good!

I gave two Windstone dragons, two ki-rins, one griffin, and then everybody else on my list got Loonakits. It was a homemade Christmas this year for me.

nessiemom
      Participant

Let’s see…
        Dad – electric carving knife (cordless, even!)
        Nice set of steak knives
        A rock (Has his college logo painted on it)
        Stepmom – Borders gift card
        Pipka Guardian Angel
        Pipka Angel of Faith
        Hubby – Ryobi Impact Driver
        Ryobi Rotary Saw
        Really cool griffin puppet
        2 USMC t-shirts (Not as lean, not as mean, still a marine!)
        Windstone Pearl Grif
        House 2nd season on DVD
        Tiger Woods golf 07 for the xbox

SPark wrote:

It also gets called seafoam, or honeycomb. There’s a choclates chain here that sells it as seafoam. It’s good!

Ah! I know what you’re talking about. I think I’ve had it before…I think the place I got it from called it honeycomb too…

mimitrek wrote:

I thought sponge coffee was interesting too… πŸ˜†

Seems a bit like an oxy moron! LOL

Exactly! πŸ˜†

Bob

We do not exchange gifts in the family anymore but I did again help raise money for, put together and hand out about 103 gift bags to patients at Fairmont Hospital. It’s a county run hospital so they give their patients as little as they can get away with. You would be surprised how a little stuffed animal or a pair of socks can put a huge smile on a face you do not know yet

Aw, that is really cool. When we were little, my mom made us take our useable stuff to homeless shelters. It is really nice when someone is really thankful for the stuff they receive.

Between friends and family is was a lot but the highpoints:

nieces got Breyer play sets, Jakers DVDs and stuffed Douglas holiday unicorns

lots of books – gave out copies of Ask the Fruitcake Lady to people who liked her from Leno (sniff – she passed away), the biography of Jane Goodall and Born in Death to my sister and books on woodworking, miniatures and digital photography to friends

a cerulean blue sea glass necklace for a friend who loves sea glass

a garden gome for another sister (let me tell – the garden gnome world is a scary place)

itune gift cards (great for teenagers)

cookies

Bob

dragonessjade wrote:

Aw, that is really cool. When we were little, my mom made us take our useable stuff to homeless shelters. It is really nice when someone is really thankful for the stuff they receive.

You never realize what a simple pair of socks or a stuffed animal can do. The most important part is that they realized that at someone, for that one day, remembered them.

Maria
            Participant

The brothers got, in order from eldest to youngest, a MagLite, an MP3-player, the X-Men 3 DVD, and a camera. Mom got a set for two of Japanese dishes, and Dad got a set of comic books. No “graphic novel” trash, but rather beautifully-drawn pictures with witty dialog, French production. I like them too and made sure I read them before I wrapped them up for him…
              We cut back n the number of gifts this year after having a pile stretch from one end of the room to the other for the last few years.

Jennifer
              Keymaster

This was an expensive year for me, as I purchased for two families! I gave a happy cat gargoyle, a mouse wizard, a baby unicorn, small winged spirit wolf, a cat’s cradle, the moonstone pyo dragon, the red husky pyo wolf, a large framed photo, a large plush koi, a few silly build it yourself wooden animal sculptures, a complete fish tank set up (cycled, fully set up with fish), a jeweled brooch, a warm russian hat, dragon plushes, a dragon lamp, a usb powered lava lamp, a framed painting, a digital weather station, some music CDs, a huge commissioned painting, a set of beer steins, several of those kenetic-powered shake flashlights, crow decorations, and a whole lot of small misc stuff as stocking stuffers. I know I’m forgetting things, too!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

Nambroth wrote:

This was an expensive year for me, as I purchased for two families! I gave a happy cat gargoyle, a mouse wizard, a baby unicorn, small winged spirit wolf, a cat’s cradle, the moonstone pyo dragon, the red husky pyo wolf, a large framed photo, a large plush koi, a few silly build it yourself wooden animal sculptures, a complete fish tank set up (cycled, fully set up with fish), a jeweled brooch, a warm russian hat, dragon plushes, a dragon lamp, a usb powered lava lamp, a framed painting, a digital weather station, some music CDs, a huge commissioned painting, a set of beer steins, several of those kenetic-powered shake flashlights, crow decorations, and a whole lot of small misc stuff as stocking stuffers. I know I’m forgetting things, too!

Temporary dolphin tatoos!!! : D : D : D

Quote:

a usb powered lava lamp

Whoa, where did you find that!? And those are AWESOME gifts!! πŸ˜€

Jennifer
                Keymaster

sunhawk wrote:

Quote:

a usb powered lava lamp

Whoa, where did you find that!? And those are AWESOME gifts!! πŸ˜€

thinkgeek.com!

And yes, Vantid got dolphin tattoos in addition to her plush koi and random wooden koi… πŸ˜‰

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

I gave my little cousin a pet hermit crab, and i gave everyone else in my family a gift from the dollar store! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.