What determines if Royal Hatching Dragons would be produced ?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody What determines if Royal Hatching Dragons would be produced ?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

Hi. I am not new to Windstone but I am new to the forum. This is actually my very first post. I hope I am not asking a question that was answered already. I apologize if I am. I am wondering what determines if Royal Hatching Dragons (Emperor, Empress and Kinglet) would be made for a production color? For example, like in the Tanzanite color?

Melody
      Keymaster

We haven’t been casting too many of the Royal hatchers, because those eggs are such a problem to cast! The eggs often have noticeable dents in them for some unexplained reason. It is really hard to get them to come out perfectly round.

So we have been concentrating on producing pieces that don’t give us as many headaches!

We mostly sell  “royals” as  ebay pieces.

Tommy
        Participant

Oh okay, thank you for clearing that up for me.  That is upsetting but I totally understand that of course. I hope that Tanzanite Royal Hatchers (especially the Empress and Emperor) will be sold as eBay pieces in the future then. I guess that would be one of my ‘squeaks’  🙂 .

Zexious
          Participant

Wow, that’s really a bummer, as they’re such striking pieces!

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to fix these dents after pulling them from the cast? (Not to suggest that it should be done, especially not for a regular production piece, as it would probably be tedious and too much. I’m just wondering curious for curiosity’s sake c: )

Tommy
            Participant

I agree Zexious. They are striking pieces! I am hoping that they could produce a limited production on production colors possibly as they have done in the past instead of only the one-of-a-kind test paint ones in order to spread-the-wealth a bit to everyone….please 🙂

Bodine
              Participant

I want a set also.One day …

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Melody
                Keymaster

no, it would be nearly impossible to do it economically. The dents are really shallow, and run up  the whole side of the egg,  so filling them would be difficult, and matching the texture would be nearly impossible.

whisker hunter west
                  Participant

Out of curiosity, have you ever played with the idea of faceted eggs?  Smaller surfaces should hide imperfections more than one large smooth surface, and for stubborn flaws you could possibly file away at a facet and it would still blend with the overall surface.  I have to admit that I think dragons hatching out of gemstone-styled eggs would be a lovely look!  =)

Continuing the family tradition of being obsessed with shiny things.

Bodine
                    Participant

I think that is a good idea if workable.Like the CPs.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Zexious
                      Participant

Thanks for filling me in! What a bummer–do you know what causes it, Melody?

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

That’s okay Melody, I’ll fix them for you! *grins and runs*

Got a busted Windstone?
                          drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin
                          Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                          Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                          Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                          Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                          Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                          Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.