fbpx

Wha???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Andrea
    Participant

Andrea
      Participant
        Pegasi1978
        Participant

Especially considering how blurry the photos are on that hatching dragon. I woulnd’t think the tiny chip on the hatching emperor would have made that much of a difference. I guess that one buyer really wanted the old emerald hatcher.

Maebnus
          Participant

They prolly just really needed the baby. Blah… I never noticed the Emp, or I would’ve bid. (I have a peacock one, but his face is just too cute)

Arlla
            Participant

Weird!!! 0_o I think that’s the cheapest I’ve ever seen a hatching emp go for.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
              -J R R Tolkien

Sometimes ebay auctions get bid up, especially if two people both REALLY want the item, and both put in a high bid in the last 30 seconds.

For example, I have seen over the last 10 months Mother Pegasus go for as high as $240, or sell for less than $60. It really depends on a number of things:

-Day the auction ends, auctions that end on a weekend go higher.
              -Starting price, the lower the starting price, the higher the auction goes.
              -Pictures, more generally mean higher price.
              -Seller, high feedback with close to 100% obviously go for more.
              -Concentration, if two or more identical items are available for auction at the same time, the price depresses.
              -Shipping, high cost will disuade bids.
              -Availablity of insurance, if available, price goes up.
              -Available methods of payment, if cashiers checks or money orders are not accepted, the price goes down.

By following these basic rules, I managed to snag an emerald hatchling with ORANGE eyes for less than that guy paid for a red eyed one. I only paid $50 including shipping.

Amber
              Participant

I’m glad you didn’t see it Maebnus!! I won the auction (doing a happy dance) and was shocked, but thankful that it didn’t go higher! I suppose it was just my lucky day!! πŸ˜‰

Maebnus
                Participant

sisterbiscuit wrote:

I’m glad you didn’t see it Maebnus!! I won the auction (doing a happy dance) and was shocked, but thankful that it didn’t go higher! I suppose it was just my lucky day!! πŸ˜‰

Congrats on the great win! πŸ˜€
                  And now I know who I keep seeing everywhere… was having a heck of a time figuring out who lindaluvsu was…

wolflodge100
                  Participant

sisterbiscuit wrote:

Haha, I was watching that one but forgot about it πŸ˜€

I guess it depends who wants what when?

Maria
                    Participant

Congrats, sisterbiscuit. You really got a good deal.

darjeb
                      Participant

You got a really great buy I have seen them go for a couple of hundred. If I remember correctly I paid $58 for a new one a few years ago – before they were retired.

Congrats.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.