Welcome to Number 300 – Sapphire!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Welcome to Number 300 – Sapphire!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Welcome. Come say something to us. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sapphire
    Participant

Hello to you all . Sorry for the delay in replying but I only found your lovely welcoming messages today – thankyou all . I thought I was aging well and now I find out that I’m actually 300 !!!!!!

Maria
      Participant

๐Ÿ˜† Nice of you to post, sapphire. Do you have a Windstone collection you could share photos of?

Sapphire
        Participant

It took me long enough to get on here so I reckon I might manage to get pictures on by the end of the year! You all have the most amazing Windstone collections – mine seems quite paltry in comparison but I feel honoured to be the custodian of the pieces that I do have . In fact I love them to bits & the family are pleased that the now have something that I’m guaranteed to adore for Christmas . I wish there were more Windstone dealers in this country as quite a few sources don’t post over here which is probably just as well for my bank balance . Is there a Winstone Anonymous Forum cos I think I’ve got it bad !!!

How many pecies do you have? Someday I will visit Scotland and if it is like Ireland, I will love it. And we sometimes refer to this forum as Windstone Anonymous.

Sapphire
          Participant

Just 16 but thats 15 more than I had at the begining of the year . Parts of Scotland are very similar to Ireland so I’m sure you’ll have a great time when you manage over . I’ve never been to Ireland but my husband has been many times and says it’s beautiful . How long ago were you there & do you have any family over there?

Well that is a pretty good start. I think I started with that many when I joined, but now I have over 100. I was in Ireland about 7 years ago. Part of my family was from there, but I didn’t get to meet anyone there. The other part of my family is from India.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

16 pieces is still a sizable collection. My own only consists of 11/12 or 13/14 if I count the two paint your owns. I have one piece in flux right now as he arrived broken, still haven’t heard from the seller.

My parents are currently visiting Dunoon, Scotland. They got there yesterday and will be there two weeks. They are on a trip with their church, but my mother had been wanting to go for years since it was her grandparents that immigrated from Ayre to the US. They are planning on doing some geneological research while they are there.

Maria
              Participant

16 is a very good start, sapphire. I only had 5 when I joined. (Now I’ve got 51. ๐Ÿ˜€ )

Sapphire
                Participant

I’m on fhe East coast of Scotland & Dunoon is on the West coast . My brother stays in Troon which as well as rhyming is not far from Dunoon & right next to Ayr. I think it must be nice to be able to go back to your familys roots . Have you been to India Dragonessjade? I think it would be fascinating . I didn’t get bitten by the travel bug until quite recently but I would love to go somewhere off the beaten track . I bought my 1st Windstone piece in a local curio shop in the early 1990’s .They just had 3 unicorns & I could only afford the smallest one .I was in Canada(2000) & the US(2005) & wish I’d thought to look for Windstones when I was there .Hindsight is a wonderful thing is it not?

sapphire wrote:

I’m on fhe East coast of Scotland & Dunoon is on the West coast . My brother stays in Troon which as well as rhyming is not far from Dunoon & right next to Ayr. I think it must be nice to be able to go back to your familys roots . Have you been to India Dragonessjade? I think it would be fascinating . I didn’t get bitten by the travel bug until quite recently but I would love to go somewhere off the beaten track . I bought my 1st Windstone piece in a local curio shop in the early 1990’s .They just had 3 unicorns & I could only afford the smallest one .I was in Canada(2000) & the US(2005) & wish I’d thought to look for Windstones when I was there .Hindsight is a wonderful thing is it not?

Yes, I have been to India as well. I stayed with my Great Aunts and I would go back again. I think India and Ireland were my favorite places to travel. If you do go to India, I would recommend taking your husband with you. I would say a couple of things that I didn’t like about India were the Men staring at us and the Mosquitoes. Hindsight is a wonderful thing if you are trying to save money. hehe

Sapphire
                  Participant

How long has everyone been collecting & what was the first piece that set you on the road to wrack & Ki-rins?

Maria
                    Participant

A lot of us only really got into it with the forum. With me, that was last September. So I’ve been at it for nine months.

Elena
                      Participant

I loved Scotland when I was there!!
                        I started collecting 15 years ago and the forum only helps to feed the addiction!! ๐Ÿ˜›

Skigod377
                        Participant

sapphire wrote:

How long has everyone been collecting & what was the first piece that set you on the road to wrack & Ki-rins?

I have been seriously collecting for about 3 years. I took two of my brothers dragons a while back and when a found Ebay a few years ago, I expanded my collection… then I saw Windstone aucitoning stuff and stumbled on this place. I have been here ever since. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am glad you decided to say hi!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.