fbpx

Website migration – Phase 1 – Question

Home Forums Miscellany Help & Feedback Website migration – Phase 1 – Question

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dragonmedley
    Participant

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

dragonmedley
      Participant

We can change our user ID, but what about the password? My password for the forum and the one for the store are not the same. Which one will prevail? Should we make sure they’re the same?

Anonymous

The passwords have zero effect other than it’s your forum account information that will be used. We can’t see what your passwords are, they are hashed with a random salt (encrypted).

Everything about your forum account prevails if the Account name and/or E-mails match a store account – your store account will disappear.

Example:

Forum Account – Bob Jones
          Forum E-mail – bob@jones.com
          Forum Password – memememe

Store Account – BoBJonzeeerrrs
          Store E-mail – bob@jones.com
          Store E-mail – buybuybuybuy

In the above scenario, because the E-mails match, the store account would disappear and the forum account would remain.

If an exact match can’t be found between an account name or an E-mail address, then both the forum and store account will end up on the new system. There will be a bunch of duplicates in this case and that’s why we’re asking people to update their forum account so 1) they end up with the account they want and 2) we don’t end up with a pile of dead accounts.

dragonmedley
          Participant

Fiou! Thanks.

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

Ok, since my forum account and store account are the same email addy I don’t need to change anything? As long as I can still buy from the store I’ll be happy! πŸ˜€ IT DOESN’T TAKE MUCH TO CONFUSE ME πŸ˜†

Jennifer
              Keymaster

skeeterdeee wrote:

Ok, since my forum account and store account are the same email addy I don’t need to change anything? As long as I can still buy from the store I’ll be happy! πŸ˜€ IT DOESN’T TAKE MUCH TO CONFUSE ME πŸ˜†

Yes, this is correct! As long as you like your username the way it is you are set to go. πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                My art: featherdust.com

I’m still confused o.o I get that way a lot lol – things have to be explained to me several dozen times or I’ll never get it XD

So if I have the same name and email registered to both the forum and store accounts everything is okay? Honestly I haven’t used the store account in so long I can’t remember what’s what with it. πŸ˜•

Wait- – no, I just checked and my store name is slightly different. So which do I need to change?

Jennifer
                Keymaster

PaperCut wrote:

I’m still confused o.o I get that way a lot lol – things have to be explained to me several dozen times or I’ll never get it XD

So if I have the same name and email registered to both the forum and store accounts everything is okay? Honestly I haven’t used the store account in so long I can’t remember what’s what with it. πŸ˜•

Wait- – no, I just checked and my store name is slightly different. So which do I need to change?

You don’t have to change anything as long as you are happy with your Forum user name. πŸ™‚
                  You will use your forum user name and password to sign into the new site and can do anything with it (including shop if you want to shop!).

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

I have a question, I don’t know if it was addressed already so if it was I’m sorry. I mist have missed it, but what’s going to happen to our PYO galleries when the migration happens? Will they all be erased?

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I have a question, I don’t know if it was addressed already so if it was I’m sorry. I mist have missed it, but what’s going to happen to our PYO galleries when the migration happens? Will they all be erased?

Nope! The galleries will remain. πŸ™‚ Just in a slightly new format.

Anonymous

And they will be delayed while the developers work out exactly how to save and migrate the galleries. So be warned they will not function immediately.

WolfenMachine
                        Participant

For some reason, when I post something, its not showing up. I wonder if this post will show up.

Rachel
                          Participant

It showed up.

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

The site just came up not too long ago; it’s possible they are still working on it and ironing it out because I haven’t heard from Clay yet…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.