fbpx

Weather Art

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Weather Art

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

This is a form of art to me.Nature’s.Here are a couple of beautiful weather shots I took last night during a building storm.I know many of us have been hit with savage weather and if you have any shots,please share.Even if it is your own weather paintings and such.I WISH I could paint like this….
      Photobucket
      Photobucket

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
      Participant

The second one is lightning in the clouds.It isn’t easy to catch a lightning shot on a digital camera but it was kicking at the time and made it easier 🙂

Jennifer
        Keymaster

Beautiful! I love painting skies like these.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
          My art: featherdust.com

Carolyn
          Participant

Beautiful . Scary too .

Hannah
            Participant

Wow Mi! Those are seriously fantastic shots! The colors, oh my. We don’t see colors like that very often around here! I’ll try to remember the next time we’re going to get a storm, to see if I can get any pictures of the clouds. They’d be decidedly more grey but it may be fun to compare 🙂

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
              Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Rachel
              Participant

I have a few. Here’s a recent one.

Carolyn
                Participant

Beautiful . SPOOKY TOO.

Bodine
                  Participant

WOW,look at that.Toooo close for me.I figure if you can see it,it’s too close for comfort.

Rachel
                    Participant

Actually, I don’t think that was a tornado. I’m pretty sure it was a rain shaft–it was much easier to see in person than in the pictures. Still, it looked pretty awesome coming down from the upper cloud and moving to the lower cloud. And those mammatus clouds were so…solid. I’ll have to find my pictures of the water spout I took the last time I went on a cruise. That was very cool.

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Actually, I don’t think that was a tornado. I’m pretty sure it was a rain shaft–it was much easier to see in person than in the pictures. Still, it looked pretty awesome coming down from the upper cloud and moving to the lower cloud. And those mammatus clouds were so…solid. I’ll have to find my pictures of the water spout I took the last time I went on a cruise. That was very cool.

I’d say it was either a rain shaft or something was obstructing the light (Note the clouds from the edge of it to the right haven’t any light) .. God rays of sorts 🙂 I’d been a giddy lil girl looking at a sight like that! lol Those mammatus clouds are gorgeous!

Everyone’s photos are beautiful! Weather is very much so an art for me, I do weather photography for a hobby, hoping to learn enough and get into it enough that I might turn it into a partial profession. I’ll have to upload photos sometime!

Also Bodine, if you want some help on how to capture lightning photos, I can try to explain it (Hoping you camera allows access to the settings! – It’s also a handy way to capture fireworks photos)

Rachel
                        Participant

From a cruise I was on a few years back:

Close up of funnel:

Bodine
                          Participant

Wow,if you can see it,you’re too close.Glad it was in the distance.

Bodine
                            Participant

Photobucket
                              I was thinking about rainbows,had to laugh at the “rainbow vomit” comment 😀
                              looked outside and look what was there.Two of them!I like this shot.The raindrops made it look like distant moons.

Bodine
                              Participant

Thank you KaytanaPhoenix.I have a dinosaur camera at the moment but when I upgrade I will definetly contact you.I don’t know much about it except for pointing and snapping.I did catch a very cool shot of lightning one time by standing out in the yard during a lightning storm but I got it! Problem is,when I transferred it to my old desk top and then transferred it to this laptop,the file is strange.I can open it and see them but when I try to share ,they cannot.Any help with that?The lightning was so hot it is a twister.Cool shot really.I would love to share it,help?Thanks.
                                Okay,I poked around and figured it out!This is one of four but the best one.Caught with a little $100 digital camera.Love lightning!
                                Photobucket

Robin
                                Participant

That lightning is too cool!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.