fbpx

Waving hello and bouncing with glee!

Home Forums Miscellany Introductory and Welcoming Area Waving hello and bouncing with glee!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Tashya
    Participant

Hi! My name is Kat (for Katharine) and I also go by Nyte (or Nytewatchyr). Any of those are fine; I’ve had one Nytewatchyr account or another dating back to the pre-WWW days when the Internet was in its infancy and I had to pay Prodigy (then AOL) in order to get online. So I’ve been known to occasionally have such a wandering mind that I start signing something in the “real world” with “Nyte….” And as I just mentioned in a PM, I do ramble when up late, or when slaphappy giddy and finding a forum in which I think I can feel at home. Unfortunately I’ve managed to delete this post twice, so hopefully the third time’s the charm! But first, before I intro myself any more, let me make an apology to a few of you from whom I’ve bought Windstones through Ebay. I normally wouldn’t post something specific like this in an introductory thread, but figured since I haven’t yet explored all the forums, for now this would work. It’s only a paragraph anyways.

I’ve recognize a couple of the beautiful sculptures as ones soon to be on my shelf. πŸ™‚ And given that I only recently changed my Ebay screenname from a Nytewatchyr variation, I figured those I bought from might recognzie me. The apology is for the lack of feedback on Ebay. To make a very long post short, I’m on medical leave and often my condition flares to the point where I can’t leave the bedroom. My hubby works shift work and mandatory overtime, so we’ve ended up purchasing most everything we need (and I mean EVERYTHING) online… not just gifts but cleaning supplies, household goods, even nonperishable groceries. My hubby doesn’t open the non-supplies-related that are addressed to me, so it often takes me a long time to get my non-household-goods packages open. When I have enough energy to open deliveries, I usually get through some of the supplies and run out of steam. I promise to get to them soon!!!

So, me: I’m new to the site but not to Windstone, and I browsed and explored a bit before coming over to the Forum Introduction. My first Windstones were gifts to me in high school, late ’80s/early ’90s. I’m not sure how they were purchased; I was in Miami and I don’t remember EVER seeing them for sale around there. At that time, of course. there was no internet. Anyhow, Hurricane Andrew wrecked the house three months after I graduated, and I lost that small collection. I later lost the larger collection I had when they “disappeared” during divorce proceedings. But I’ve started collecting again!! (Although I think there is some secret way the critters up for sale can see into the hearts of buyers browsing online and can shoot “Love me, Pet me, BUY ME, Take me home with you” darts into those hearts.) I actually got back into Windstone through the cats, and ironically not the Pebbles and not the flap cats… I have serious collections of cats, gargoyles (and of course cat gargoyles are the best), and the candlelamps and gargoyles from Windstone reminded me how much I’ve loved Melody’s work. I guess I dated myself earlier, so I’ll admit to being 40. I’d like to say I’m aging gracefullly, but that seems to bring up images of sophisticated ladies. I’m more the down-and-dirty or (at the other end of the spectrum) the silly-and-bouncy type. I find my spirituality in nature. I’m married to a wonderful man, we four dogs and two cats, all of whom we love, and all of whom are rescues. (Some very LARGE rescues.) That’s our family, and they make pretty darn good company! I LOVE reading, devour most anything. I like studying comparative spirituality, philosophy, and mythology, and I love getting into long discussions about said topics.

I’m really looking forward to meeting (virtually) you all; I’ve been in a number of forums and groups like this and I have to say, the vibe here is great! It’s slowly turning into late morning here in the Eastern Time Zone, which is hours past my bedtime, which tends to be around 6:00 a.m. I spent so much time working shifts, and mostly midnight shifts, so that now when I’m at home for a long time (such as a year long medical leave) I drift back into being a night owl. So time for me to get to sleep; I’m definitely crashing hard. I think this post is suffering from excessive exhaustion. So great to join the community here and I hope everyone enjoys the holidays!
      -Kat

StormDancer
      Participant

Welcome to the forums! I’d tell you how addictive Winstones are but I’d say you already are familiar with that!
        I fully agree with your statement of, “Although I think there is some secret way the critters up for sale can see into the hearts of buyers browsing online and can shoot “Love me, Pet me, BUY ME, Take me home with you” darts into those hearts.” I know I’ve been hit with those darts on many an occasion.
        You’re right about the vibe here as well. People are generally very supportive of each other and all do their best to be helpful.
        I am sorry about your medical condition and I hope that it clears up for you soon
        Glad you found the forums! Can’t wait to see your collection as you find the time and energy to post pictures!
        Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year!

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Melody
        Keymaster

Welcome to the forum!

pdlucich
          Participant

Welcome to the forum! And don’t worry about “dating yourself”. You’re actually younger than a lot of us! πŸ˜€ But we welcome anyone, no matter how long or short your Windstone infatuation.

It's not hoarding if it's books!
            Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

MandBsMom
            Participant

Welcome! Please post photos of your collection! We love to see.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

etruscan
              Participant

Welcome. πŸ™‚ Have fun watching your collection grow.

Aggie83
                Participant

….and your wallet shrink. πŸ˜‰

Tashya
                  Participant

My wallet’s shrinking already! Retail therapy around Windstone should be criminalized. Did I just say that?! Never! Of course not! Thank you all for the wonderful welcomes. I will get photos out, although my Windstones have always been spread out about the place. The kitties are over with the other kitties I’ve collected, the gargoyles either with the kitties (if they’re kitty gargoyles or close the kitty part usually wins out, except for the candle lamps… I’d burn the house down) or the gargoyles, and so far my one (soon to be two) Windstone baby foo was recently purchased and has been moving about. At this moment in time I have all of two dragons, and one of those is the Guardian Gargoyle Dragon! I feel as if this is obscurely sacriligious, having only one actual painted Windstone Dragon. She’s a brown Mother Dragon by the way. I believe that’s her color. She’s up high on a shelf with the gargoyles and other types of dragons and winged critters. I don’t balance all that well right now so I haven’t brought her down since I became a member here and started catching up (waaaay up) with the complete explosion of… everything! I think I bought her online, probably through ebay. That was perhaps in late 2009 or 2010.

I do have a phoenix that I bought around the same time. The phoenix is the animal I’m most in tune with right now. I’m trying to get that new start… remaking myself after a number of false starts. I’ve gotten the basics for a phoenix tattoo that will be placed on my back, but I have to wait until my health gets better. I have lupus and fibro, and a few other conditions either caused by lupus, or related, as in autoiummune thyroid disease. Anyone who has followed the American show House knows there are plenty of hysterical lupus moments on the show, and when I told one of my close friends that the illnesses I’ve been having trouble with ever since my Academy days have actually been caused by lupus, he said, “Okay Kat I hear what you’re saying, but I have to say back that I watch House you know! And I know IT’S NEVER LUPUS!” So that became a running joke. I even have a shirt that says, “It’s never lupus,” done in the graphics pattern of the House logo. So the hubby and I hoped that after urgent care couldn’t help my recent problems, they surely would be related to lupus. Nope. Lupus is not only NOT the cause, the blood tests show that lupus is currently under control. (As much as blood tests really can say with regards to lupus, and that’s not much.) I’ll slowly get into talking more about this, as it would be nice to talk to someone, ANYONE, aside from my poor hubby and my mom. But explaining even the past few months will take a bit so I’ll either dole details out or later head to another thread. So, ironically, what’s going on with me is NOT LUPUS. The one time I was hoping for it. Anyways, the reason I did digress there from the topic of the tattoo is that lupus and fibro both can react to tattoos. For me, it’s nothing major, but the two tats I already have are grey and black and shades thereof, no color. I want to wait until I’m completely healthy before starting a big design on my back with colors I haven’t used before.

And THAT topic, of my current guide animal being a phoenix, was itself a digression from the fact that I bought a PYO Phoenix from someone a few years ago. I’d love to get a pic up and see if we can figure out who did the work. πŸ™‚ At the time I wasn’t really aware of the PYOs available at Windstone (I’d always bought at dealers, usually one or two over a vacation or something like that) so I’m not sure if I KNEW it was painted by someone else. So we’ll get to see!! I’ve browsed through some of the PYO work done and just…. wow. Wow. Just wow. I see where my NEXT purchase will be (after I grab one or two (or three?) from the classified ads here… I figure I get to pamper myself a LITTLE). But… there’s also that rainbow Scratcher that’s down to two left I believe. I really want. I was supposed to be saving up to get him soon, but then I stumbled into the classifieds and said to mysef, “Self, there are at least FIVE critters for sale here that you’ve been wanting! Self, some of those won’t come again! And Self…. there’s that winged wolf that disappeared off Ebay!!! The one you were going to purchase but took too long before it vanished and you figured it had sold. She was HERE!! She’s JynXx’s! Self, look around, purchase, but try not to spend TOO much of the pamper money too quickly. [My hubby and I exchange gifts but we also allow ourselves a certain dollar amount each of “pamper yoursef” money… Basically getting ourselves something we really want that would maybe be hard for the other partner to purchase, or something that the other half hadn’t thought of, or, as is usually the case with us, we each know how the other plans to spend the money on the “Day of Pampering 2015.”] Originally my day was to be my tattoo, or part of it; it’s a bit large to do in one sitting. David would be with me of course, but with my health I can’t even leave the house right now, much less deal with needles on my spine. So Windstones it is!

I can’t paint at all. It’s possible I could go through the tutorials and start trying (it would be a great way to channel some… something) but I have to wait until I have the fine motor control fully back. It’s not a serious problem, and most people wouldn’t notice that the very fine motor control of my hands and fingers leaves a little to be desired. Basically my hands shake. And when the other problems increase, so does the shaking. So… while I think I would like to try my hand later on, I also know my own talent and anything I created would be for me; I’m sure to create critters that only a mother could love. ::grins::

So as noted, I shall look at taking pictures, or possibly finding shots where you can already see them. I know I have one of my big old kitty gargoyle (not the happy cat, this one is three times that size), although he actually may not have been classified as a gargoyle. He’s one of two, the other being the basic wizard kitty, that I managed to save out of the house during my divorce. (David is my current, wonderful spouse, since May 2008.) On my FB page I have an album full of pictures of the cats and dogs that makeup our family, including all those who’ve moved on to their next phase of life. Right in the middle there’s a picture of the kitty gargoyle, taken looking up at her. She got lots of funny comments placed there.

Thanks for welcoming me in. ::HUGS:: to all! G’night,
                    Kat

Rylorien
                    Participant

Welcome to the forums, Kat!

I’m glad my introduction, as silly as it is, put you at ease–and worry not, I edited mine multiple times on a .doc, wondering if it was too long, too annoying, too everything.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been through so many ups and downs with your Windstone collection. And that’s on top of persistent health problems. You seem to have a wonderful attitude about everything you’ve been through, though, and it feels to me like you’ll be a good fit around these parts.

Don’t go too crazy with the pampering! πŸ˜‰

etruscan
                      Participant

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your health. You will have an understanding audience here. Several members have major health problems (maybe more that we don’t know about), including at least one with lupus.

Tashya
                        Participant

Wow when it rains it pours… and apparently I’m pouring words out like crazy! What’s funny is that the moment I hit SEND on my last update, the site went down, or rather it appeared to from my side of things. Since I can now see that my post went through, I’m going to have to believe that my post knocked the forums out. ::grins:: Apparently it’s time to start editing what I write. πŸ˜‰ -Kat

Prezaurian
                          Participant

πŸ™‚ Welcome to the forum! A bit late to the welcoming party but no less welcoming I can assure you! My sympathies on the health issues and I hope that chatting with us helps take your mind off of it if only a bit. It’s awesome that you have a loving family for support! Always a reassuring thing! So I wish you and yours a Happy Holiday season and also best wishes on that fresh start you’re going for!

Kim
                            Blocked

Hi Nyte Watchyr and welcome! I am 32 and also a night owl if you see what time I tend to be on here. haha. I thought I replied to this a while ago and realized my post didn’t save. Anyway I just recognized your name from ebay so glad to have you here. Sorry to hear you lost some of your collection before but it’s always nice to start again. That happened to me too when my mom and i went through some rough times a few years ago with foreclosures and lost a lot of our stuff including some of my collections. Luckily I didn’t have many Windstones then and started collecting the dragons again a couple years ago from ebay which then turned into finding this website and then finding the unicorns, poads, griffins, kirins, pegasi, pebbles and more! I only ever really collected unicorns and dragons before but now have more than I know where to display. It would be cool to see your collection! Sorry to hear about the lupus and other health issues. I can talk to you about some things that may be able to help. I hope you had a good holiday and will write you soon and thanks for the purchases on ebay!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Welcome Kat! πŸ˜€
                                You’ll fit in fine with the rest of the WS Bunch!
                                Try your hand at painting a PYO if you feel like to… there is no wrong way (unless you use oil paints instead of acrylic LOL!)… just have fun! πŸ™‚

I started my life as a Night Owl, turned into an Early Bird for work and especially after I married, and now I also get bouts of Insomnia… so you’ll see me mostly in the morning and afternoon hours, but occasionally in the wee hours in the Eastern time zone as well… so just about any time is about right – LOL!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.