fbpx

Watership Down Figurines

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Watership Down Figurines

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    SPark
    Participant

Melody wrote:

My kids still won’t watch that movie,or let me read the book to them. Chessie is sixteen. She has seen part of it and still won’t watch the rest, or read the book. She is no wussy either.
      It is NOT appropriate kid stuff, in my opinion. All the talk in the world with your kids wouldn’t ease the deep emotional horror in that movie! ..and I liked it.The book is better.

I think it depends on the kid. I saw it when I was very young, maybe six at the most. And it did scare me, I even had nightmares about General Woundwort, but I loved it anyhow. I snapped up the book when I first encountered it a few years later, and have watched the movie again several times since, as well as reading the book at least half a dozen times.

drag0nfeathers
      Participant

I know it really isn’t a good “family film” but there is something about it I always liked. I actually just recently saw Plague Dogs which was his other movie besed off of a book. It was really sad, but not nearly as deep or as intricate as Watership. Still pretty disturbing for children though. It was about abused labratory dogs.

Still though, I LOVE Watership Down, but my favorite animated movie BY FAR was always The Secret of NIMH. Alas, all I’ve ever really found for notsalgia from that is a metal lunchbox I keep my colored pencils in =)

Got a busted Windstone?
        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
        Siphlophis Male Dragon
        Calypso Hatching Empress
        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
        Tattoo Mother Kirin
        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Melody
        Keymaster

I loved “Secret of NIHM” , I love rats, and that had good rats in it.

SPark
          Participant

Secret of NIMH was pretty dang good, and a rare case where I actually enjoyed the movie just as much as the book. The movie was very different from the book, so I like them for different reasons, but I like them both about the same.

The Last Unicorn is another one like that, where the movie and book are both very good, but very different.

Skigod377
            Participant

I still watch the Secret of Nihm. My son wont get into it, though. 😕

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The book is always better. I can’t think of a single movie that turned out better than the book that preceded it.

For me, the Lord of the Rings trilogy are the only movies that fall into that category. I tried reading the books but couldn’t get through them, but I loved the movies. Though I’m sure that the books were actually a lot better than the movie from everything that I heard. I did read the Hobbit and liked that, so I’m looking forward to seeing the movie version…hopefully also from Peter Jackson…

drag0nfeathers wrote:

Still though, I LOVE Watership Down, but my favorite animated movie BY FAR was always The Secret of NIMH. Alas, all I’ve ever really found for notsalgia from that is a metal lunchbox I keep my colored pencils in =)

I never saw that movie but I keep hearing about it! I’m going to put that on my netflix list.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

mimitrek wrote:

drag0nfeathers wrote:

I never saw that movie but I keep hearing about it! I’m going to put that on my netflix list.

Yess yesssss! You must see it 😀

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Andrea
                Participant

Funny, my kids love this movie. They are 7 and 8. They are pretty normal kids.

I love the movie also.

Ditto with Secret of NIMH, Spirited Away, and The Last Unicorn.
                  Ah, who am I kidding. I love just about any animated movie!

I’ll keep an eye out for the figures.

Jodi
                  Participant

Howl’s Moving Castle is excellent! I loved Watership Down too.

Arlla
                    Participant

MMM….Rats of Nihm….and Watership Down…and How’s Moving Castle…

The part in Watership Down that always scared the heck out of me was the recounting of how people gassed the burrow, and all the rabbits were trapped inside and went mad and died…that scene is so trippy in the way it was animated…still freaks me out a little…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                      -J R R Tolkien

Arlla
                      Participant

P.S. last I looked there was a lot auction for a bunch of these figurines, Drag0n…did you see it?

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                        -J R R Tolkien

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.