fbpx

Warning about pm?

Home Forums Miscellany Community Warning about pm?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

I don’t know where or what to do with this info but please direct this to the proper place to be taken care of.
      I got an private message from an Elena Ammed?The rest shouldn’t be public.
      Thought someone needs to stop this please.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
      Participant

You also told Clay about it in this thread under “Announcements” … Spam PMs – June 18.

That’s the correct thing to do, and then delete the messages. 🙂

These messages with the title “hello” show up occasionally. Being careful about a message with that title is advisable.

etruscan
        Participant

Clay posted this in the “Spam PMs – June 18” thread:

Sorry this happened to all of you. That account has now been deleted.

Whenever you get a message that is clearly spam, the best thing to do is … just delete it. The battle with spammers is a constant one. I delete new spam accounts every morning. Fortunately it’s been a long time since any of them have sent out PMs, but this could be the first of several incidents to come, you never know.

And BTW, these accounts are created—and the PMs are sent—by bots, so there’s no point in replying to them.

Our site has spam filtering and other measures installed, but there’s only so much we can do without impacting the ability of legitimate users to use and enjoy the site. Thanks for your patience.

PhillyDrgnLdy
          Participant

Yes, I also got the same spam.

Bodine
            Participant

I don’t normally acknowledge but with meeting and dealing with so many new ppl I did.Thank you.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
              (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
              Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.