fbpx

Virgin E-Bay Buyers

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Virgin E-Bay Buyers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Fritochick (Mary)
    Participant

I have a non-windstone item listed on e-bay. A buyer with 0 ratings or buys is the high bidder. Should I be worried—after all we ALL had to start sometime. Or am i just paranoid???

littleironhorse
      Participant

I’ve never had a problem with a virgin or novice ebay buyer.

Just make sure to keep the lines of communication open. For example, if he/she wins, I suggest sending an invoice rather than waiting for payment. And upon payment, maybe send a follow up message telling when the item will be shipped and when it should arrive. Maybe ask them to confirm reception and tell them that they can contact you with any questions or concern. I find that this sort of thing tends to reassure novices who may be a little hazy on how ebay works or may not know what to expect of an ebay transaction.

After all like you said, we were all virgin ebayers at one point.

Danzig Moon (Karen)
        Participant

I shop Ebay alot!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ I have seen sellers put “Must have Min of #– to bid, if not contact seller first.” It can’t hurt to email them as to what is excpected if you don’t have it already in your item’s description. How many day’s after the auction do you excpect your payment, wont ship till money clears, ect…
          I don’t think it would hurt to touch base with them before the sell is over.;)

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Carolyn
          Participant

I can’t buy from ebay . No paypal . So I’m out of luck if I want something .

Purplecat
            Participant

I’ve had good transactions with ebay members having 0 feedback, and low feedback.

I fret over it when it happens anyway (I’m paranoid too)…but it’s always ended well for me. Hope it does for you too!

Unless it’s a big ticket item, electronics (cell phones & cameras are often targets for scams, eapecially iPhones) or they want it shipped to Nigeria, it’s probably safe enough.

Do not ship to an unconfirmed address through Paypal if you’re dealing with someone brand new though. Read the steps carefully for seller protection under eBay/Paypal’s rules, and follow them exactly.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

Buyers with zero feedback haven’t ever given me a problem, but I avoid sellers with zero feedback and activity. Like you said, everyone has to start somewhere. ๐Ÿ™‚

Skeeterdeee
                Participant

Buyers with zero feedback haven’t ever given me a problem, but I avoid sellers with zero feedback and activity. Like you said, everyone has to start somewhere. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m a big believer in Delivery Confirmation. I think the advice about going the extra mile with communication is important too, as unfortunately, it may be up to you to help educate them in their first transaction.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.