Very old dragon print?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Very old dragon print?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Leigha
    Participant

Hi Melody

I came across this listing:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-PENA-FRAMED-AND-SIGNED-1980-DRAGON-PRINT-/191354267114?nma=true&si=KBEFT%252BBpOLIK3YEXXPOHlyme%252F7M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I tried to win and failed, but I was wondering if this was a framed print that the company sold and if so, how many of these you think were made?

Katherine
      Participant

I tried to win it too, but to no avail. ๐Ÿ™ I wonder if there are more? I didn’t know it existed.

Falcolf
        Participant

Wow, that’s really pretty, I’ve never seen it before either. ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
          Blocked
            WolfenMachine
            Participant

I saw this too! I was actually going to email Melody about it. Sorry guys *shifty eyes* it’s on it’s way to my house. I collect Melody’s prints and thought I was nearing having them all. I’ve got about 23 so far, not including this one, as well as a post card sized print and a catalog of the prints Windstone offered for sale.

Melody, I hope you’ll reconsider doing another new print one day. I love your 2D work because it doesn’t have the “over hang” restraint that your sculptures do so all of the wonderful wings, manes/tails, horns etc. can really be seen.

I’d really love to know more about this piece too. The seller just said he got it at an estate sale and didn’t know anything more about it.

Falcolf
              Participant

Those are crazy pretty! Also, congratulations WolfenMachine and I totally bet prints would sell. ๐Ÿ˜€ There’s a whole legion of us Windstone fans around after all.

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

etruscan
                Participant

I saw that print when it was first listed and was watching to see how high it went! Congrats Wolfen. ๐Ÿ™‚
                  Based on the sticker on the edge of the frame, I am guessing that it is part of a series of prints that were sold already framed. That’s what it looks like, anyway.

Melody
                  Keymaster

Hi Melody

I came across this listing:
                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-PENA-FRAMED-AND-SIGNED-1980-DRAGON-PRINT-/191354267114?nma=true&si=KBEFT%252BBpOLIK3YEXXPOHlyme%252F7M%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I tried to win and failed, but I was wondering if this was a framed print that the company sold and if so, how many of these you think were made?

Oh Gosh – yes that is one of a line of miniature prints we tried selling in retail stores for awhile. I don’t know how many we made- they didn’t sell very well, so we discontinued them.
                    John hand cut the circular beveled mats and I framed them. A lot of work went into those little prints! I am happy to see it went for a bundle.

Melody
                    Keymaster

I saw that print when it was first listed and was watching to see how high it went! Congrats Wolfen. ๐Ÿ™‚
                      Based on the sticker on the edge of the frame, I am guessing that it is part of a series of prints that were sold already framed. That’s what it looks like, anyway.

Yes, we only sold those prints framed.

Melody
                      Keymaster

I saw this too! I was actually going to email Melody about it. Sorry guys *shifty eyes* it’s on it’s way to my house. I collect Melody’s prints and thought I was nearing having them all. I’ve got about 23 so far, not including this one, as well as a post card sized print and a catalog of the prints Windstone offered for sale.

Melody, I hope you’ll reconsider doing another new print one day. I love your 2D work because it doesn’t have the “over hang” restraint that your sculptures do so all of the wonderful wings, manes/tails, horns etc. can really be seen.

I’d really love to know more about this piece too. The seller just said he got it at an estate sale and didn’t know anything more about it.

We might do more prints someday… but we’ve got so many unfinished projects around here, that one is pretty far down on the list! (I keep thinking about re-running the Sushi cat print, at least)
                        That seller must of been happy!

Melody
                        Keymaster

I tried to win it too, but to no avail. ๐Ÿ™ I wonder if there are more? I didn’t know it existed.

There were a bunch of designs, but only a couple of them sold very well at all, so I doubt many are around.
                          They were too small and too expensive.

Katherine
                          Participant

Thank you for your response! I continue to be surprised at the surprise prints out there! I have that copy of the print catalog of the ones you once sold, Melody, and I thought that those were the only ones available, but it seems there are more. ๐Ÿ™‚ And congrats wolfen!! I know what you mean about trying to get all of them. I am also collecting the prints. ๐Ÿ™‚

Melody
                            Keymaster

-and there are four or five other large prints that aren’t included in the catalogue because we discontinued them before it was printed.

Bodine
                              Participant

I am still kicking myself all over the place.I did the most STUPID thing in the world when I moved.I put my prints behind the front seat of the Uhaul,to keep them safe, and somehow or another missed them when I cleaned it up to return it and left them!!! UGH!!! I cried and cried! I had a signed Unicorn w/babies print,SIGNED! and left them.I lost all three prints I had and all in nice frames!I am so broken hearted over it and mad at myself and still wondering how in the heck I could have done that.Uhaul people say eh,too bad.They just don’t know how bad that hurt me and I am the one that did it. :((

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
                                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                                Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

WolfenMachine
                                Participant

OMG I would be terribly inconsolable too ๐Ÿ™ Did you ever check Craigslist to see if someone found them and was trying to resell them?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.