fbpx

Val Warner Paintings

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Val Warner Paintings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    jackid55
    Participant

I am in love with Val Warner’s artwork so, I wanted to share my collection and hopefully get some other people hooked. ๐Ÿ˜€ I went to a photography/painting class with her last May and she was amazing. Hopefully I will paint something from that trip soon. Anyways here are some of the paintings of hers that I own…. I didn’t have the best light when taking these pictures so if you want to see better pictures go to her website at valwarner.com Oh, and one I didn’t get a picture of is “Siberian Fire” that is the only original I managed to snag. It is already packed up for the move. Hope you love these as much as I do. (Wow they all looked crooked…I think I must be crooked ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I’ll have to take better pictures during the day sometime and post them.)

jackid55
      Participant

machineguts
        Participant

Darnit Jacki! Now there’s yet another artist I must collect from! ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ LOL!

Absolutely gorgeous work. I am in love with her mountain lions!

jackid55
          Participant

I know me too. The first mountain lion is Lester he is a sweetheart. The tiger is Texaco and he is a little intimidating, and the bear is Adam and he is a big teddy bear. Doesn’t look it but he is sweet and goofy. They were there when I went to that class with Val. I will have to share some pictures I took sometime.

machineguts
            Participant

Oh wow, I’d love to see those pics! Did you guys get to pet them as well?

jackid55
              Participant

Oh no. They made it very clear that the animals are trained not tame. When we were photographing Texaco we were told to stay together and not look him in the eyes. If we wandered off he might think we were a snack. That was a little scary! I will post pictures later I think I am going to try to get some sleep. Good night.

machineguts
                Participant

Awesome, I look forward to seeing them! Good night Jacki. ๐Ÿ™‚

Those are wonderful, I LOVE Robert Batemans wildlife art http://www.robertbateman.ca/ truly amazing artists, both of them, I really really want his Sasquach one ๐Ÿ˜€ and any of his elephant prints, but ‘Bluffing Bull’ is my favorite!

The lady (glorified puppymill) I bought my female Shiba Inu from had 4 tigers, 3 mountain lions, bears, wolves, raccoons, many many other things in her “refuge”, oh ya lions too.

machineguts
                  Participant

Here’s another artist you might like Jacki. ๐Ÿ™‚ His name is David Coalburn, and although I only have one of his originals, his works stuns me every time a new one is listed! The piece I own happens to be a mountain lion. They are one of my favorite animals, can you tell? ๐Ÿ˜€ Which means I’ll most likely purchase a mountain lion from Val sometime!

Anyhow he’s a really cool artist to follow, he uses most of the money he makes with his paintings to go to reservations that need help and work on improving their lifestyles, i.e. fixing houses, helping with their animals, clothing, etc. He also does a lot of charity work for no kill shelters. He updates on his blog and through e-mails whenever he goes on a new trip. I so wish I could do something like that with my life! Although I don’t really know much about working on houses. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Here’s the link to Coalburn’s eBay store:
                    http://stores.ebay.com/Davids-Wildlife-Gallery?_rdc=1

machineguts
                    Participant

Yes! I love his work, ruffian!

ruffian wrote:

Those are wonderful, I LOVE Robert Batemans wildlife art http://www.robertbateman.ca/ truly amazing artists, both of them, I really really want his Sasquach one ๐Ÿ˜€ and any of his elephant prints, but ‘Bluffing Bull’ is my favorite!

Gah you can commission him, oh my!

Oooh I love Robert Bateman’s stuff. It’s on my long list of things to get (despite the fact that my future mother in law would be mad that I bought art from someone who isn’t her… not like she ever finishes anything anyway…. :shrug: )

And I like the Val Warner ones you showed Jackid! They’re very nice, and now it’s another thing on my list. Way that list is going, I’m not gonna get through it at this rate (or I’m going to need a mansion to store it all!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ )

jackid55
                      Participant

OMG!!! I just got two more pieces from Val! I bought the original “All Attitude” and AP 1/25 of “Celebrate Life”. Looks like I may have to take a break from buying my windstones for awhile. That cost a pretty penny! So excited!!!! Check them out! valwarner.com “All Attitude” is a painting of Bagara, he is a black leopard and just as cranky as he looks in the painting. He reminds me of a cat I had growing up. “Celebrate Life” is a painting she did after her trip to Africa, last year I think. Yay!!! (This is my other addiction :D)

machineguts
                        Participant

Wow! Congrats Jacki! I saw that painting on her site last night, what an incredible piece! Take lots of pics when it arrives! ๐Ÿ™‚

wow… some really great artists. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ thanks for sharing! may inspire me to do something… hmmm…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.