USPS Tracking Disappeared and Gave me an Alert -?

Home Forums Miscellany Community USPS Tracking Disappeared and Gave me an Alert -?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Falcolf
    Participant

I’m not sure where exactly I should post this so I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place – the item being shipped is a PYO, coming directly from Windstone, but this kind of a general question that I couldn’t find an answer to on USPS’ website. This is what USPS gave me when I checked the tracking on the parcel yesterday and it hasn’t changed:

I checked Canada Post and it says that the parcel is enroute to Canada, but should I trust that? Should I worry about it at all? What does this error screen mean? Has anyone else ever gotten this before?

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Sikek
      Participant

I haven’t seen that before, but perhaps all it means is USPS will nolonger track it since it’s in Canada now?

Scathach
        Participant

I got the same message, but mine is in Canada.

Life is beautiful.

Susie
          Keymaster

I saw this for the first time today also. USPS has always said that First Class and First Class Mail International Packages are not trackable – yet we’ve been able to see at least part of their progress when we track them at http://www.usps.com. I suspect that the USPS has removed that ability.

Please, anyone requesting USPS First Class Mail International for small packages keep in mind that its “at your own risk”. The US Postal Service does not guarantee anything regarding these packages and if they become lost, they will not track them or try to help to find them, and we cannot file a claim if one is lost (and for this reason Windstone cannot replace them). The bright side is that we have shipped OOODLES of packages USPS First Class Mail International and I don’t think that any have ever disappeared entirely. They take a detour now and then (but not too often really) but they’ve always arrived at the other end eventually. USPS Priority Mail costs a bit more however it is trackable and gets to its destination a little faster, and a claim can be filed should the package become lost.

Falcolf
            Participant

They’ve always gotten to my house okay before. I think one time Canada Post lost the tracking on another PYO I ordered but I’d already seen it come into Richmond from USPS’ side, so I wasn’t worried and it got here okay a few days later. I’d do the more expensive shipping if I could but I just can’t afford it, so it’ll just continue to be shots in the dark like this I guess. I’ll just have to wait a few days and see if this package shows up on Canada Post’s radar – hopefully it does!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kim
              Blocked

I have never seen that before so maybe it’s new? If you type the tracking number into the Canada Post website, it does give the tracking up to delivery so I don’t know if USPS is aware of that or just making it harder to track first class packages now. I also cannot afford priority unless I order a bigger box with a few pieces to justify the price. My first class box which was shown as delivered in Calgary is still missing a week later and I am having a fit. Although I have to say this has never happened before as I have always got all of my boxes in safely in the past but this just makes me wary now of having anything else shipped here unless there is a way to add insurance or signature verification or something. I don’t think I want to order anything again unless I can sign for it or have Canada Post hand it to me in person and not just leave it in front of my door.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Susie
                Keymaster

I am attempting to ask the USPS if its possible to request a signature at time of delivery on First Class International packages. Hopefully they will answer my email, it may take a couple of days.

Falcolf
                  Participant

I just checked Canada Post and thank GOODNESS – the alert package went through Richmond and cleared customs very late yesterday! I’m so grateful, my week has been just plain nuts especially as I’ve lost my job then gotten sick and this helps make it a little better. 🙂 I REALLY hope you get your package soon Kim!

Excellent!

Kim
                    Blocked

I am sure your package will be fine Falcoff. Edit: My missing package was finally and mysteriously delivered today to my old address which I just moved from. The neighbor was nice enough to call me and let me know it arrived at the door since I was going back everyday to check for it. It had been opened and re-taped which I think Canada Post may have done but the poads were also opened and re-wrapped not very carefully and the paper was a bit ripped. Overall I am happy my box showed up but I am super disappointed in Canada Post. It took me days to track down the phone number to call the depot and I left two messages and no one even called me back. I also left a note on the door of the house to leave a delivery slip and they clearly just left the box at the door. Well at least I got it finally!

Kim
                      Blocked

I know they only just changed this on the USPS website because it used to give you tracking for first class packages up to the border and tell you when it arrived in Canada and then when you put the same tracking number into the Canada Post website, it tracks it in Canada to your door. Quite honestly the tracking on the Canada Post website is the same for first class and priority mail packages so that is why I rarely ever used priority mail. The only difference between them now is the tracking on the USPS website so I don’t like that they changed that. Anyone from the US though can go on the Canada Post website to track the package they sent. I used to check both websites regularly for the tracking. After the issue I had, I have come to discover I think it was my neighbor who actually took the package and then decided to give it back after we were checking the house everyday and asking her if it had come so now I don’t blame Canada Post. I am moving into a new house now where I will leave a sign on the door to tell the postal worker to only leave delivery slips and not the boxes at the door in case I am not home. I have never lost a package sent from the U.S. but I do see that more valuable items are probably worth getting insurance for or a signature confirmation. The problem is that if I am getting a package or two every month and paying only $10-$20 per box for first class instead of $20-$40 a box for priority, if I saved $20 a month on shipping, over the course of a year that would buy me a $240 Windstone. So my thinking now is that instead of having 1 or 2 pieces shipping together in a box, it might be better to wait until I can combine shipping on like 4 items at a time and get priority mail. That is harder for grab bags though unless they don’t have limits or unless I can buy production pieces with them. I have been holding off buying a few production pieces I wanted so next time I have the money to buy anything, I can get a few at once. With that said, if it was possible to add either insurance or a signature to first class packages, I would still rather get them shipped that way to save money.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.