Using Golden paints for the first time…

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Using Golden paints for the first time…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blight
    Participant

Any tips or warnings? I will be using Golden Liquid/fluid paints for the first fime this week!

I love golden paints! My tips, is patience between layers (as I have none whatsoever) and retarder. If you want to blend, the thinner fluids dry faster. Have fun!

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
      www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
      Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Blight
      Participant

Thanks so much!

I love Golden Brand Liquid acrylics! I use them a lot. Patience, Blending medium, and retarder are your best friends. Good Luck! I look forward to what you come up with! ^_^

Heather
        Participant

Big fan of Golden here too! I’ve used mine diluted with distilled water, and haven’t yet had any trouble with the paint “breaking” or degrading over time (my oldest PYO is coming up on 5 years old). But the GAC 100 is much nicer if you want to dilute the paint in something that will still cover the piece. The super-thin layers you get with water are only useful if you plan to do a whole lot of layering.

Enjoy these paints–they’re wonderful to work with! 8)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.