fbpx

UPS shipping is now available for shipments to Canada

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion UPS shipping is now available for shipments to Canada

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

Because there could possibly be a strike by Canada Post beginning July 2, 2016, making any packages we ship to Canada between now and then subject to possibly being delayed, we have added the option of shipping via United Parcel Service (UPS) to Canada.

If you choose UPS to Canada, be aware that there may not only be the usual Customs Duty Taxes due, but a Customs Broker charge as well. I cannot help you determine what those charges will be and Windstone Editions is not responsible for those charges. You may wish to call UPS to ask what the fees will be before placing an order. I will try to make sure that anyone who places an order knows that these fees will be charged before we ship so that there are no unpleasant surprises.

First glance makes the UPS fees look lower than USPS, however it is my understanding that the Post Office includes the Customs Brokerage fee in the postage amount – and both will charge any duties or taxes when your package arrives. When we get our store all fixed up we aim to have a notice about the customs fees appear when you are checking out.

If anyone in Canada has experience receiving packages from the U.S. via UPS, feel free to share your experience with it.

We currently do not ship via Fedex.

Another option for an order placed during this time of postal uncertainty is to have us hold it until all threats of a strike have passed (we are hoping there is no strike!). Please use the Customer Notes section of the order form to tell us to hold your package.

To reach me its best not to pm, but to email susie@windstoneeditions.com

Kim
      Blocked

I dealt with UPS once a few years ago. I got in a shipment of collectibles worth $600 in 5 large boxes because their shipping rate was lower than USPS but then they hit me with a $150 brokerage fee upon delivery. This was on top of the seller paying $250 to ship the boxes. I was not impressed. So I don’t know how they usually determine rates but I haven’t used them since. Although maybe a smaller box wouldn’t have as large a fee hopefully. I am a little worried about a postal strike too since I buy and sell online for extra money to live on.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kathleen
        Participant

Beware UPS brokerage fees! They are really really bad. I will NEVER ship with them.
          I have had brokerage fees come to more than the item was worth. I once got an item valued at forty five dollars then pay shipping PLUS an additional twenty some dollars brokerage fees. There is a reason broke is in the word as thats what you will be if you use them. 🙁

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

I share this sentiment…BEWARE. It’s Highway Robbery.

I wanted to add, I found the shipping fees were lower than that of USPS for large parcels, however the fees paid upon delivery were out of this world. Further….you need to be home. Delivery is on their terms (as was the case for me anyway)

I will be waiting for Canada Post to sort itself out before ever using UPS.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Falcolf
            Participant

I will also continue to rely on Canada Post! (And, occasionally, Purolator. All of my Purolator experiences have been good thus far. The store I work at pretty much only ships via it, but we don’t ship anywhere outside of Canada so I can’t speak for how good they are with international stuff.)

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.