UPS package either stolen or not delivered?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone UPS package either stolen or not delivered?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nightcrow
    Participant

*****EDIT #2*****

Happy ending, guys: my Lap Dragon arrived safe and sound at last!!

I am so glad that this turned out to be mere paranoia on my part. 🙂

*****EDIT*****

OK, turns out that I was *really* confused – I was looking at the wrong order! The Lap Dragon went UPS, not USPS (which I knew! I remembered wishing for a FedEx option instead! But I must have clicked on the wrong transaction by accident, and that said USPS, so I figured I was remembering wrongly.)

There is no tracking number that I can find, and no estimated delivery date anywhere on my Store order or the Paypal transaction record.

Payment was made on 5/9 (a Monday), and though there’s no date given for it, the Store tells me my transaction is “currently Completed.”

Does UPS usually take an entire week (and more, since it’s sure not here today either) to ship a package? It’s been a while since I ordered something this large, so I don’t remember if previous large WE orders have arrived this slowly.

Thank you, everyone! I am feeling a little more hopeful now, though I’m not quite done being boggled by the fact that apparently UPS doesn’t provide a tracking number at all!?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Kim
      Blocked

It’s happened to me twice with but one time I found out later that the neighbor had taken my package and returned it a week later once we realized it wasn’t Canada Post and told the neighbor they would be charged with theft if it wasn’t returned. The other time it was Canada Post and the package showed up a day or two after it was supposed to have been delivered. It it has been a few days though I would call your postal service and try to find out if it was delivered or accidentally taken back to the depot or even dropped off at the wrong house accidentally. You might have to ask neighbors too.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ponygirl
        Participant

I once had a package’s tracking info show that the package had been delivered, but we asked all the neighbors and we couldn’t find it (thankfully it wasn’t a purchase, I was having some of my inventory from a warehouse shipped to me so I just wrote it off as a loss, filed the insurance claim, and had another shipment sent). Weeks later, we had a knock on the door from someone we didn’t know at all and they had my box! It had apparently gotten delivered…to the house VERY CLEARLY under construction (it had its awning and part of the front stairway completely torn off, piles of rubble in the driveway, etc), diagonally across the intersection from me!

I also had a package from a purchase go missing once for several months and then one day (long after I had written to the seller and gotten a replacement) it randomly showed up on my doorstep. I have no idea why that one did that. Did the delivery person lie about having delivered it?

pony-up
          Participant

I had a USPS package say it was delivered, but no package. I went to the post office the next day and they had it. I’ve no idea why or what happened, I was just glad my little peg foal wasn’t lost!

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Oh No, nightcrow! I hope you find your package! That’s an awful thing to happen – especially for a pricey item.

I’ve had things delivered to my house – correct house number, wrong street name OR correct street but a few doors down. You may need to check with neighbors if the post office cannot help find it for you.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Nightcrow
              Participant

Thanks, guys. I guess I will try calling the post office, since I highly doubt my neighbors have it. (One’s practically a recluse, but the other is very friendly and is always popping over to tell us about the cool thing he found at a yard sale, or his remodeling plans, or his wife’s garden.)

I’m shocked by this, because I live in a stereotypically “Good Neighborhood” and we’ve never had something stolen! (We have expensive bicycles under the carport, and a tool shed with thousands of dollars of tools and no lock on the door, etc.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

fatalbeauty
                Participant

happened to me once, I was waiting on a UPS package, I saw the truck, I waited for the guy to come my way but he went to a place nearby….so I walked down and asked if he had a package for my number, he said no….confused I went back home and called the UPS number, she tells me it’s at this apartment number accidentally…I go to that number, it’s the same one I saw him coming down from! the package was there but I couldn’t understand why he put it up there, the numbers weren’t even close!

4 things I'm looking for:
                  1. Mother Meerkat
                  2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                  3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                  4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Nightcrow
                  Participant

OK, some new information has come to light, so I’ve edited my post.

I’m still feeling a little paranoid, because UPS *has* delivered a Lap Dragon to the wrong address before and then lied to me about its being delivered to me! (I was 608 N. Oakland, and — I suspect — they sent it to 608 S. Oakland! And they were no help at all about it, just insisted it had been delivered and gave me the first name of whomever had signed for it… because goodness knows there’s only one Michelle in the world, right?? A few days later the package just turned up on my doorstep, and I’ve no idea if somebody gave it back to them to redeliver or if the recipient just brought it by and left it there when it turned out to be something they didn’t want/realized it wasn’t theirs.)

Hopefully, though, it’s just a case of “running slow this week” and it will turn up soon…?

Thank you all again.

pony-up
                    Participant

UPS ground usually takes right about a week for me from date of ship to date of delivery. I’m in Texas.

Susie
                      Keymaster

Nightcrow – I just tracked your package and it was delivered this afternoon. I’ve just sent you an email through your store order with the tracking number.

And for everyone:
                        If anyone has a question about their package, please contact us more directly than posting on the forum – I just happened upon this thread in the forum today, we don’t always see these messages. Please email service@windstoneeditions.com for a faster reply!

This is how tracking numbers are provided to you:

UPS emails tracking numbers in the evening after we are done shipping for the day – they come as “Quantum Ship Notifications” and you may not realize exactly what they are for – they also like to get caught up in junk mail filters.

When we ship USPS Priority Mail, the tracking number is attached to your paypal payment when we make the postage label for the package on the day that we ship the package.

When we ship First Class Mail International, we try to remember to give you the customs number – it would come as a note on your order and we add these when we mark the order “complete”.

The “complete” status means that we’ve shipped your order.

Nightcrow
                        Participant

Susie, thank you so much for the info! That’s very handy to know, about the “quantum” tracking numbers!

Thankfully (as you note) the box did finally arrive!! So I’m glad I held off on contacting anyone official, this time. 🙂 Obviously, it’s just been too long since I last ordered a Lap Dragon — I’d forgotten the average travel time, and then confused myself worse by mistaking it for another package. (Must order Laps more often, right?)

Thanks for double-checking for me, and I’ll definitely try to make a note that the standard UPS shipping takes a week, so I won’t panic next time.

The Tanzanite color is *GORGEOUS*, by the way — in person, I am even more impressed and pleased with it than I was with the Store photos!

Nightcrow – I just tracked your package and it was delivered this afternoon. I’ve just sent you an email through your store order with the tracking number.

And for everyone:
                          If anyone has a question about their package, please contact us more directly than posting on the forum – I just happened upon this thread in the forum today, we don’t always see these messages. Please email service@windstoneeditions.com for a faster reply!

This is how tracking numbers are provided to you:

UPS emails tracking numbers in the evening after we are done shipping for the day – they come as “Quantum Ship Notifications” and you may not realize exactly what they are for – they also like to get caught up in junk mail filters.

When we ship USPS Priority Mail, the tracking number is attached to your paypal payment when we make the postage label for the package on the day that we ship the package.

When we ship First Class Mail International, we try to remember to give you the customs number – it would come as a note on your order and we add these when we mark the order “complete”.

The “complete” status means that we’ve shipped your order.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.