UPDATED RULES.

Home Forums Windstone Editions Announcements UPDATED RULES.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

In an effort to keep the Windstone Forum as enjoyable as possible for everyone, it has become clear that I needed to expand upon our “no harassment” rule a bit to be more specific, especially when it comes to asking other members to sell or trade their pieces.

Please take a moment to familiarize (or re-familiarize) yourself with our rules. All users of our forum must abide by these rules! Ignorance is not bliss, in this case. Make sure you know our rules. If you experience someone breaking the rules please report them to the correct channels (scatterbats/moderators/administrators).

https://windstoneeditions.com/the-windstone-forum/topic/windstone-forum-rules-guidelines/

The change in particular is:

No Harassment. In addition to other forms of harassment, it is also important not to harass, hound, bother, or “guilt” other forum members about their collections or specific pieces. If another member has Windstone(s) that you are interested in purchasing or trading for, and the item(s) in question are not listed in the Classifieds, it’s permissible to contact that individual once per calendar year to express your polite interest. Forum members must respect the decisions of others to ignore or decline such requests. Forum members must respect requests made by others not to contact them privately again about any given topic (including pieces for sale). Members found to be harassing others are subject to disciplinary action, up to / including banning.
      Exception: Due to the public nature of raffle winner announcements, members may not directly contact raffle winners within one calendar year of their win to inquire about availability. Requests to buy/trade must, in this situation, be made as comment replies to the “Raffle Winner Announcement” thread on the forum, and must be kept to a singular, polite request, e.g. “Congratulations on your win! I really love this piece. If you ever decide to sell or trade in the future, I welcome your contact as I would be interested in buying/trading.”

This message will stop clogging the “sticky” section after a week or two has elapsed, in hopes that everyone that needs to see it will do so.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

I regret that I had to add another rule:

>No using the forum for “Data Mining” to abuse or harass others. It is against our site rules for users to create accounts and/or use our site to contact others to gather information from them to be used in an abusive or harassing manner. What this means is that forum members may not use the forum as a gateway to obtain emails, phone numbers, physical addresses, or other non-public online presence information to then abuse, harass, threaten, degrade or belittle, be hateful toward, or unduly bother (etc) users off-site. While Windstone cannot police nor become involved in off-site activity between users, we strictly disallow members to use the Windstone site to gather information that will be used to harass one another off-site.

Also, just so you guys know, we love ya and we know 99.9% of you are wonderful! All of these rule additions pretty much boil down to being nice to each other (really), and 99.9% of you are not only nice, but MOST EXCELLENT! Thank you!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The topic ‘UPDATED RULES.’ is closed to new replies.