fbpx

Unicorn Repair – Help Needed

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Unicorn Repair – Help Needed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Scathach
    Participant

I have a male unicorn with a chip out of his mane which doesn’t show on display, but it’s there. I’ve never done any repairs and I’m not sure what to do. His horn has come out from the hole in his head (a very unflattering look). I have the horn, just would like to know what kind of glue to use to affix it.

I knew about the chip when I bought him and took him anyway. The horn issue was a surprise, so the seller refunded me some money to make the necessary reapirs.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Life is beautiful.

dragonmedley
      Participant

I reglued a uni PYO horn once and used white glue. The trick is to be sure the horn is in straight, at the right angle. I would try without glue first to find this angle, then put in the glue.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Scathach
        Participant

Thanks. I was worried about what type of glue to use. Any ideas about the chip? And then, of course re-paint the chip!

Life is beautiful.

I would get some Apoxie Sculpt, you can get this in a very small amount online, btw, to resculpt the missing mane, then match paint & seal. For the horn, I usually use a jewelers glue, or gel superglue.

Hope that helps.

Kyrin

Scathach
          Participant

Thanks. sorry if I sound dumb, but “btw”? for paint I’m assuming acrylic of some kind? sny suggestions for manufacturer? Also, for another issue – I read in one thread (and can’t remember which one) mentioned a particular gold paint to do a touch-up. Any ideas? Thank you.

Life is beautiful.

Can’t speak for the repair experts on paint and epoxy types, but “BTW” is text speak for “By The Way.” I know I slip into abbreviations all too often in typing and sometimes lose the meaning for some people when I do so. Just a typing/texting/Instant Message Shortcut.

Jasmine
            Participant

Thanks. sorry if I sound dumb, but “btw”? for paint I’m assuming acrylic of some kind? sny suggestions for manufacturer? Also, for another issue – I read in one thread (and can’t remember which one) mentioned a particular gold paint to do a touch-up. Any ideas? Thank you.

Most people use Folkart or Golden Acrylics (I prefer the Golden myself). You can also buy pens for the golden paint, mine is a Decocolor. It has a nice tip so you can get good detailing. Good luck 🙂

Scathach
              Participant

Thanks! I kinda thought so, but I’m not much of a texter. I’m going to try to get one or the other of those paints and try my luck. The good news is that the chip really doens’t show on the diaplay side.

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.