Unicorn Gargoyle, Stuffed Animal Kits and Paintable critters

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Unicorn Gargoyle, Stuffed Animal Kits and Paintable critters

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Melissa
      Participant

Hi guys. This is a odd thread and super long and wordy, but I thought it better suited to the Flea Market than anywhere else. Edited to add official price to Unicorn Gargoyle ($40) plus shipping, and emphasize the fact that with the donation to your charity of choice, I’ll cover shipping in the US for the kits. Second edit to add paintable African Animal set

I have a Unicorn Gargoyle available. One of his forelegs broke off, and someone (not me) did a very poor job fixing it. The pieces are slightly mismatched, several chips are missing, one chip is sticking up where it doesn’t belong, and glue has seeped from the cracks and stands higher than the surface in several locations.

He also has a rub on his tail, a small chip on his base, a little bit of green patina on his horn, a bit of dust, and it’s very possible that he has some other issue or two that I missed.

Still, he’s a cool sculpture, retired, and IMO displays nicely. I wouldn’t mind keeping him, but I’m thinning down my belongings in general, and this fellow doesn’t quite ‘sing’ to me.

I’m not a big poster, but I’m familiar with double boxing Windstones, and can give references if you wish.

I’ll sell him for $40, plus however much shipping is to your location. He’s super heavy though, and can almost look my Emperor Dragon in the eye.

Or I’ll swap him and up to $25 of his shipping cost for any of the following in decent condition (A rub or tiny chip or two is okay if fully disclosed). I realize most of these are worth more than forty, but they’re little guys and I figure the difference in shipping pretty much evens it out.
        A Gargolingus shipped
        or
        A Dexter Rabbit Candlelamp shipped
        or
        A Black Sunset Sitting Griffin Chick shipped
        or
        A Peacock Mouse Wizard shipped
        or
        An Amethyst Curlie (preferably with some extra orange) shipped
        or
        Although a long shot, if you have some British Museum plastic dinosaurs by Invicta, I can give you a list of those I’m looking for,
        or
        Make an offer.

Here he is. He’s a big fellow.

And here’s his damage on his left foreleg. It’s a bit blurry, but you can get the idea.

And, cleaning out my stuff, I’ve decided to send off some projects. Thing is, they aren’t worth a great deal, and asking for $5 money orders seems like a bit too much effort on both sides. So instead of paying me, I’d love it if you could donate a specific sum to a charity, and I’ll cover shipping for these items to you in the states. If you live out of the states, eh, we’ll figure something out.

Please contact me and wait to receive my response to make sure you officially have ‘dibs’ on the item or items before actually making the donation. I don’t need proof. I’ll growl if I smell a rat, but this is a nice forum and the honor system should work here.

I figure this is a win/win/win/win situation. I clear some projects out of my life, the kits go to a good home, you get a neat project (or several) and do a good deed, and a charity gets a boost in tough economic times. Though as a heads up, most of these would probably be best for people who sew.

Caveat: Regarding what kind of charity. Anything that goes directly towards rescuing animals or helping people is great. As are things like care packages for soldiers, funding the planting of trees, church run kitchens or shelters, local little museums, etc, etc.

But I’d rather not have donations go to any political party or issue, PETA, the HSUS, or to converting people to any belief system or lack thereof. Sorry if you feel passionate about any of these topics, but there’s still a lot of leeway for causes you are fond of.

So here we go.
        First up, the beginnings of a stuffed animal horse. It’s partially sewn, slightly nicer fur than you normally find in fabric stores, and comes with yarn for its mane and tail, and a bit of satin for hooves and potential wings. (though the more I think about it, satin’s a pretty bad idea for the hooves, too delicate and slippery) It also comes with copied directions. The 8×11 paper directions show the size of it. Eyes and stuffing (as well as proper hoof fabric) are not included. There’s a tiny bit of Windstone lore attached to this guy.
        Cost: $10 to charity of choice.

Second, here’s a kit for a plush bat. I’ve opened it, and everything is accounted for.
        Cost: $5 to charity of choice.

Thanks for reading this far through this epic post. If you have any questions, please drop me a note. πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
        Participant

Oh that fox cub is adorable! *Thinks about what charity I could donate to for him*

Melissa
          Participant

Pretty much any you want! πŸ˜€

He doesn’t come with poly stuffing, needle or thread though, so that’d have to be picked up on your end. His fur seems to be nice though. πŸ˜‰

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Daggumit! Most of the charities I can think of to donate to don’t seem to have an option to donate via PayPal.

Melissa
              Participant

Hmm, that’s a bummer. If it helps, something local to you would be fine. I’d welcome a reciept, but I don’t need one.

Update: MLP Shrinky Dinks adopted! πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                Participant

Eh, I decided to make a donation via credit card after all. I know you said only $5, but I donated a little more. Brest Cancer Awareness is something that has taken on a bittersweet tone for me. My Aunt is a brest cancer survivor (so I need to watch out for it). She isn’t the only brest cancer survivor related to me though. My brother’s mother-in-law was a survivor before she died in a car accident in late May.

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

I sewed the fox cub together today. Lots of fun. Now if only I could find my camera cord so I could show him off to you. I refuse to take the card out of the camera because I’ve (previously) lost too many pictures when my computer decided that the camera card wasn’t formated and when it was put back in the camera it was blank.

Melissa
                    Participant

Ooooh, awesome! No huge hurry, but whenever it’s possible, I’d love to see the little guy! πŸ˜€

Pegasi1978
                      Participant

Hooray for hubby! He found the camera cord. Here’s the finished fox cub plush.

lamortefille
                        Participant

That came out sooooo cute! Great job. 8)

Adaneth
                          Participant

He’s adorable! πŸ™‚

Melissa
                            Participant

Ack! It’s so sweet it could give me cavities! πŸ˜† Thank you for the picture, he turned out great! :yes:

machineguts
                              Participant

Awwww, that fox is SO cute! πŸ˜€ Thanks for sharing!

Melissa
                                Participant

*Bump!* Edited first to remove two rehomed critters.

Edit: Plush cat kit rehomed. Proceeds will help supply a sewing class

Edit: And Paintable African Animals added. πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.