fbpx

Umm… Hello

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mercury Star
    Participant

Hello there, I have finally worked up the courage to join this forum! I am Andy, am in my 30s, and live in Alaska.

I have been interested in Windstone Editions and Melody’s art for a long time, I drooled over it as a youngster seeing some of the unicorns and dragons at a store, and later I discovered a family friend collected Windstone. She would eventually get me my first pieces for Christmas many years ago, two of the Flap Cats… a black and white bat winged one, and a color-pointed feather wing. My third piece was the Baby Kirin, bought by myself after I saved up enough allowance. I was so proud of myself!

Since then I have bought or received the rest of the Kirin Family, the Gothic Unicorn, several dragons, gargoyle eggs, candle lamps, and the Happy Cat Gargoyle. Sadly the local place where I got my Windstone Editions closed several years ago, and since then, between the expense of shipping and my being in-between jobs, my collecting of them has been placed on the back burner.

I hope to start being able to afford to start collecting again, and am currently trying to catch up on everything I missed… there are so many lovelies to look at!

Heather
      Participant

Welcome! πŸ™‚ I think you’ll like it here–folks are friendly and we all love to swap info and thoughts regarding Windstones. There are a lot of extremely creative minds here as well, which makes it a great place to spark new ideas.

I can remember discovering the Old Green and Old Brown dragon families (then new) at a mall when I was a penniless high school freshman. I think I left a permanent nose print on the display window. A few years later I convinced my mom that all I wanted for Christmas was for her to go in halvsies with me so that I could afford the Old Green Mother. I still have that dragon, and the collection has grown a bit since then, as funds allowed.

Congrats on your collection, and I hope you have a great time here on the Forum!

Chloe
        Participant

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place–I hope you have a great time here. πŸ™‚

phantomess
          Participant

Welcome and good luck with continuing your collection! I’m sure it will happen. Some of us have to grow our collection pretty slowly over time, but that just makes us appreciate each piece all the more!

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

briteblades
            Participant

Welcome Andy!

I live in Eagle River, AK so it’s nice to meet someone in my area! Sounds like you have a great collection! You will find a lot of awesome people here with great information! πŸ™‚

Mercury Star
              Participant

Thank you for the welcome, everyone!

Briteblades, I live in Eagle River as well. πŸ™‚

Ann

Hello πŸ™‚

Hey there…**WAVES** welcome to the forum. No one here bites and everyone is helpful and kind. Glad that you decided to join us here and got up the courage to do so!! :bigsmile:

twindragonsmum
                  Participant

Welcome! So glad you found us!

twindragonsmum

tdm

Misty
                    Participant

Welcome! :bigsmile:

Kim
                      Blocked

Welcome. I recently started getting into collecting Windstone pieces again as well. I have found the classifieds on here as well as eBay, good places to find pieces you are looking for since there aren’t many stores still around that carry these. You can also put wanted ads up besides listing to sell or trade under the classifieds.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.