Uh oh…I need suggestions!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Uh oh…I need suggestions!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    Participant

Allison
      Participant

I recently bought a couple PYO’s to give as Christmas gifts. One is a winged wolf for my sister, who mentioned how much she’d love a green-eyed wolf painted by me to go with the old ceramic wolves I painted for her in the past. I had checked him quickly when he first arrived to ensure he was in one piece, then went back to madly studying for tests. Now that I have a bit of a break I opened up the box to plan out my design for him, only to discover he’s a bit quirky:

He’s got a weird left eye. It bulges out from his head and tilts off to the side, making him look a little insane. I took a close look, I’m not sure whether it’s the way it was set in his head or a problem with the eye iself being a weird shape. Anyone have suggestions for what I should do? I know some users here remove the eyes of PYOs and glue them back in, but I have no idea how. I don’t want to give my sister a crazy wolf for Christmas, no matter how amused she’d likely be πŸ˜†

Kujacker
        Participant

Use some nail polish remover, take it out and then reposition it. Though the wolves eyes tend to be a bit difficult to place. They like to do what you already have there.

Crazy Eyes From Mr. Deeds? πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Allison
          Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Use some nail polish remover, take it out and then reposition it. Though the wolves eyes tend to be a bit difficult to place. They like to do what you already have there.

Well, I guess I have nothing to lose by trying then. I think I’m going to show him to my sister first, have her decide if she wants a mad-eyed wolf or not πŸ˜†

frozendragon
            Participant

I had a yellow eyed one that had two different size pupils…

it was interesting

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

I usually just use water to remove my PYO eyes. It takes a little work, but it loosens up the glue just fine.

I just try to avoid removing them if possible. 1 cat + me = lost eyes… that and I don’t have glue….. so I can’t put them back in.

I say glue a tiny butterfly on the end of his nose, lol he looks a little catiwonkered! lol, then he could be bemused by the butterfly and not crazy eyed, lol.

Maria
                Participant

πŸ˜† I like Dragonmistress’s idea!

PurpleTurtle
                  Participant

I agree! I think that would be really cute πŸ˜€ .

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

I like that idea, too. It’d be darling!

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.