fbpx

Tyrrlin's PYOs: Metallic Splendor PYO Griffin (page 2)

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Tyrrlin's PYOs: Metallic Splendor PYO Griffin (page 2)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Tyrrlin
    Participant

Thanks for the comments!

GB – I based the design off Lyosha’s character sheet, but I think I went a little nuts with the spots. πŸ˜› Maybe could have toned it down across the top of the wings and back a bit?

Dragonmedly – Yeah, the sun washed out the subtle layering I did in grey and white so you could see the undertones. Also, my camera is old and doesn’t take the best pics. Wish you could see her in person.

Windstone collector in remission. πŸ˜‰

Maria
      Participant

Yeah, some stretch of smooth dark color might have been relaxing on the eyes. But trying to paint PYOs like characters or real birds… Gah, I know how tough that can be! πŸ˜†

dragonmedley
        Participant

Yeah, without sun, pics can be blah, and with it, there’s too much light!

It’s so hard to take good pics of Windstones…

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Adaneth
          Participant

Me likey! And I’ll bet without the glare it’s even nicer. πŸ˜€

Lokie
            Participant

Overall, I think it’s pretty nice. But I do agree with GB, the black markings everywhere make the color scheme appear a little overly busy. But then I have no idea what Lyosha looks like, so this might be a truly faithful representation πŸ™‚ I wouldn’t want to suggest changes that would deviate it from it’s inspiration character. I’m not sure what the “Gryphon Art Exchange” is, but I hope it goes well.

I like your griff! (A small tip for photoing white critters…Some clouds are not a bad thing. Bright sunlight always washed them out. I either find a spot of shade to take pics in, or wait for a semi cloudy day . πŸ˜‰ )
              I am partial to the Griffins anyways, but I really like him!!! πŸ˜€

I do think I missed the wolf though…But I think it was when I was “hiding” from the world. πŸ™„ He is pretty too! πŸ˜€

Tyrrlin
              Participant

Lokie wrote:

Overall, I think it’s pretty nice. But I do agree with GB, the black markings everywhere make the color scheme appear a little overly busy. But then I have no idea what Lyosha looks like, so this might be a truly faithful representation πŸ™‚ I wouldn’t want to suggest changes that would deviate it from it’s inspiration character. I’m not sure what the “Gryphon Art Exchange” is, but I hope it goes well.

Lyosha was overwhelmed with the PYO I did of her. It went very well, and the PYO shipped off to her home to (hopefully) be loved.

I could have been a little more…. sedate with my brush, though. πŸ™‚ Gyrfalcons are spotty, but I might have gone a bit overboard. πŸ™‚

Thanks for the comments! Both gift-receivers were VERY happy to get unexpected PYOs. πŸ™‚

Tyrrlin
                Participant

I haven’t posted in a while, so figured I’d give a quick WIP pic of my latest PYO.

Roadside Hawk griffin.

I plan to put him in the AC Art Show in July with some other pieces (not Windstone) I’m prepping.

Comments and constructive critique welcomed. πŸ™‚

Ooo I’m liking the bottom feather row markings πŸ˜€ Is the rest of him going to be the same brown as the wings? I look forward to seeing it finished!

Maria
                  Participant

The wings look great!

Tyrrlin
                    Participant

He’s FINISHED!

Introducing my “Roadside Hawk” Griffin #1. Roadside Hawks are somewhat rare raptors living in the Southern U.S. I really liked their markings when I paged through my “Raptors of the U.S.” book, so here he is!
                      (Also will be pics in the Gallery)

The hawk portions are as realistic as my poor skills could make it, based on a variety of drawings and ref photos. (Minus the interference paint, of course! XD )

CC and comments are encouraged. πŸ™‚ Thanks!

Lokie
                      Participant

I really like his beak; the blending their is really nice. And the wing markings are pretty realistic looking; cool πŸ™‚

Travistie
                        Participant

I like the wing markings too. πŸ™‚ I always have a hard time with getting barring to look right when I draw and paint wings.

Stephanie
                          Participant

Nicely done! πŸ˜€

Wow, wonderful work! I like the detailing of the wings and subtle grey stripes, very nice! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.