Truly wonderful people . . .

Home Forums Miscellany Community Truly wonderful people . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

. . . are people who drive over for a simple PYO swap, and when they discover you and your husband entrenched in the middle of a huge, back-breaking, we’re-only-doing-this-because-the-sun-is-shining-right-this-moment complete remodel of the secondary chicken coop, surrounded by a lake of really disgusting mud . . . and roll up their sleeves and step right in. We got that coop re-done in half the time it would have taken otherwise, and strapped the tarps down just as the rain rolled back in. And these wonderful people weren’t fazed by boot-devouring mud, stinky and slick as glass. Nor by the puddles of indeterminate depth until you stepped in them, and found muddy water soaking up your pants leg. Nor by the quarrelsome hens of our secondary flock, temporarily escaped from their coop and celebrating by running amok and picking fights with every other chicken that looked at them funny. They weren’t even fazed by lurking black widow spiders, pinched fingers, huge heavy coop panels, or the fact that the yard was anything but level and every five minutes things ground to a halt while my husband or I applied a frantic shovel. They even managed to keep reasonably straight faces while listening to me shower profuse apologies on the earthworms being so rudely churned up.

There are some amazing folks on this Forum, and even their parents are amazing. You know who you are; I’m just so touched by your tremendous Good Neighborliness that I had to come here and say something! πŸ˜€ Jake and his girls are loving their new, snug quarters, and our little bantams are one big step closer to being able to stretch their legs in more space. Everybody here thanks you, from the bottom of our hearts. :yes:

Heather
      Participant

Maria
        Participant

That’s really sweet.

Bodine
          Participant

XD That is a funny and heart warming story,bless their good hearts πŸ˜‰ Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

Every act matters.No matter how smallπŸ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day🀞Dream on.

wow, that is very very cool. there ARE good people in this world πŸ™‚

KoishiiKitty
            Participant

I wish I would have been there to help too, had I not been sick.

you made mom blush. how could we subbmit those poor chickens, and yourself, to such weather?

Heather
              Participant

I was very sorry to hear that you were sick! πŸ™ These darned winter bugs are such a pain. I hope you’re feeling a lot better today. We missed you . . . and not just because of the coop project!

My husband’s right; I do get a little OCD where the chickens are involved. Jake and his girls had lost half their roof in that last storm, but I admit I could have just re-tarped their coop and let the matter go a little longer. It was just that we had the new roof ready to go, and in order to re-roof we needed to subdivide the coop and put up that center wall panel, and the sun was actually shining, and . . . yeah. Compulsive.

The method to all the madness, though, is that we’ll soon be able to put Jake and the girls out on pasture, and move the bantams into one side of the secondary coop and the Polish into the other. This will be a big step up for everyone involved! πŸ™‚

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

oh I am blowing green junk and my face and throat are still fairly raw.

I know your chickens really needed it. I felt so bad for them last time I was there, so I think a little impulse here was a good thing for those feather buts. Hopefully they will be quite a bit more dry now.

That will be nice for them to be out to pasture, I think Jake especially will enjoy the extra room.

Grayfire_artz
                  Participant

😳 😳 😳 aaaah your welcome *gives giant hug*!!
                    i was really happy to show up when we did πŸ˜€ and finishing before the rain really hit! driving home the rain was coming down so quickly it seemed there was immediate flooding in most of the streets and the hail came down pretty thick to! i really adore your chickens πŸ˜€ and i’m so happy my mom and i where able to help!

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Don’t we have a wonderful “family” here? πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€

tdm

Grayfire_artz
                      Participant

twindragonsmum wrote:

Don’t we have a wonderful “family” here? πŸ˜€

twindragonsmum πŸ˜€
                        YEEESH!!!:D:D:D

Katherine
                        Participant

That is very heart-warming. πŸ™‚ I wish I lived closer to many of you.

That’s a very heartwarming story…. our forum peoples are awesome. πŸ˜€

Jasmine
                          Participant

How wonderful!! πŸ˜€

Heather
                            Participant

Blowing green junk? Hang in there and I hope you’re feeling better soon, Koishii!

Grayfire: Agh, sorry that you guys got caught in such a mess of weather on the way home! πŸ™ The hail never reached us, but some mighty cold wind came through. The chickies were really glad for their new shelter. They’ve been so jealous of Elwood and the rest of the birds up in the barn. Little do they know they’re soon going to get a barn of their own, and one that’s in better shape! πŸ˜†

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.