fbpx

trouble ordering

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion trouble ordering

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Grayfire_artz
    Participant

i also tried adding one the puffin kitties and it still won’t work

Susie
      Keymaster

grayfire – can you try one more time to order? This time, don’t cancel it, just leave it be when you cannot get any shipping costs. I want to see if I can get shipping costs for you… -Susie

Wampus Dragon
        Participant

Funny. I ordered both with no issues. It works on a blackberry.

Grayfire_artz
          Participant

WOOOOT IT”S WORKING!!!
            I don’t know what you did or if you did anything but thank you ! ๐Ÿ˜€

Grayfire_artz
            Participant

well i take it back it seemed to work for a second until i clicked review order then i got a server error page and now am back with waiting for the shipping quote. ๐Ÿ™

Diana L
              Participant

Susie, I’ve tried ordering the oriental dragon and get stuck with the shipping option also and it won’t let me go past that point. I’ve tried everything I can think of and still no go. Getting the dragon from the store is no problem but the shipping calculator is kaput and stuck in a not working mode. If you have any other suggestions let me know and I’ll try them, would really like to get the oriental dragon (already ordered the young oriental a bit ago)

Diana

Susie
                Keymaster

There were no problems until sometime Saturday Afternoon. But I did receive one order today with no problem! The shipping calculator attaches to UPS and to the Post Office, so it could be one of those entities updating things? Or who knows… grayfire – I will email you about your order and we’ll get it done – Diana, when I figure out who you are, I will email you too! Or anyone can email me if they cannot finish placing their order. susie@windstoneeditions.com Its a holiday today so I don’t think Clay is available and this might be something he can help us with.

Kiya
                  Participant

Okay, so, I did some more testing and I was able to get to the shipping quote page.

However, there are some random characters being generated in the USPS shipping lines before the price.

I looked at the USPS site it looks different than when I visited to track a package a few days ago, so they may have done some updates over the weekend since they’d have an extra down day with the holiday for lower traffic.

My guess is something they updated is messing with their external shipping calculators and causing random havoc here as they take things up and down to fix them.

It’s just a theory, but I’ve seen similar things happen with external calls like that.

Grayfire_artz
                    Participant

There were no problems until sometime Saturday Afternoon. But I did receive one order today with no problem! The shipping calculator attaches to UPS and to the Post Office, so it could be one of those entities updating things? Or who knows… grayfire – I will email you about your order and we’ll get it done – Diana, when I figure out who you are, I will email you too! Or anyone can email me if they cannot finish placing their order. susie@windstoneeditions.com Its a holiday today so I don’t think Clay is available and this might be something he can help us with.

thank you so much Susie! and sorry to interrupt you holiday

Jennifer
                      Keymaster

This problem and the problem with the Internal Server Error that some users are getting are one in the same (just found this out). There is something wrong with Windstone’s shipping calculator (essentially it is choking on the information it is pulling from UPS), which is bogging the whole server down and causing the Internal Server Errors and the Shipping Calculator to stop loading.

There are folks working on it now. Please forgive our glitches!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                        My art: featherdust.com

Susie
                        Keymaster

Someone ordered successfully this morning. Anyone want to try to order to check out the shipping calculator to see if it’s working and let me know? I’m thinking it’s something UPS did this weekend, updating their site which ours attaches to when it gets UPS shipping quotes. I am hoping it has healed itself???

Kiya
                          Participant

I got shipping quotes fast today. I didn’t actually place the order though – I want one of the new CP orientals, but my budget is busted. ๐Ÿ™‚

Susie
                            Keymaster

It seems to be working o.k. Let me know if you have trouble. susie@windstoneeditions.com

WolfenMachine
                              Participant

It worked fine for me tonight

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.