fbpx

Trade Gloss Finish Black Gold Lap for Matte/Satin Finish?

Home Forums Administration Flea Market Trade Gloss Finish Black Gold Lap for Matte/Satin Finish?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

Hey Guys,
      I was wondering if anyone would be willing to trade Black Gold Lap Dragons… (I know its probably not likely but thought I’d ask anyway)?

I just received my Black Gold Lap and was slightly disappointed to find that he has a glossy finish. I already have a Black Gold Mother and Baby, and was hoping the Lap would match their Matte/Satin finish. I was reading in another thread where many said that they actually prefer the glossy finish.

Don’t get me wrong- this Lap is stunning, nothing is wrong with him at all. I love him! I would just prefer a different finish.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Of course since I just unpacked him, I have all the official packaging ready to go.

Here are some pics… not that great of quality but I can try to get some better ones once its light outside.

If nobody is interested, I’ll just assume that the Males polish up their scales to impress the females. This old Mother doesn’t have time for such nonsense. πŸ˜‰ The Lap looks vain anyway… it would match his personality I think. hehe.

Sarah
      Participant

keschete
        Participant

Let me check mine when I get home tonight. I like the glossy better, but let me see which one I have.

keschete
          Participant

Mine is matte black, but it matches my Emperor, my Scratcher and my Black Emerald Peacock Old Warrior….

It is weird but the picture flash makes them look glossy….

Sarah
            Participant

keschete wrote:

Mine is matte black, but it matches my Emperor, my Scratcher and my Black Emerald Peacock Old Warrior….

It is weird but the picture flash makes them look glossy….

Wow, they are beautiful! I love your collection! πŸ˜€

If you’re interested in trading, I’d be totally up for it. But if you want to keep him since he matches your other big guys, I’d understand too. Its up to you. πŸ™‚

It was really hard to get pics that show the difference between gloss and matte… using the flash especially made everything look extra-shiny. I should put ’em in natural light and see if it makes a difference…

Megan
              Participant

Good luck getting your trade, pawpad πŸ™‚ Sigh… I wish my BG emp was glossy… he’s so hard to dust, that matte just refuses to let go of the grime it grabs onto. Oh, well, I love him anyhow.

Arlla
                Participant

Yeah, hey – if anyone wants to trade a glossy emp for a satin/matt finish emp, I’d be all over that too! I like the glossies much better…

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                  -J R R Tolkien

Kujacker
                  Participant

My Lap is matte… it’s annoying to me since I like the BG in glossy. His head is a bit glossy but his whole body is matte. It’s weird. My scratcher is all glossy and he looks much better like that.
                    I’m actually about to clean him and spray him with glossy finish myself πŸ™„

BDW
                    Participant

I prefer the satin to matte finish myself. The female griffin I received had one side that is glossy and the other side is satin. To bad it was not all satin. πŸ™

Kujacker
                      Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

I prefer the satin to matte finish myself. The female griffin I received had one side that is glossy and the other side is satin. To bad it was not all satin. πŸ™

…that’s a bit awkward o__o

BDW
                        Participant

Kujacker wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Tell me about it…and the side that is satin, the one I like, is on his right πŸ™

Sarah
                          Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Kujacker wrote:

Blackdesertwind wrote:

Tell me about it…and the side that is satin, the one I like, is on his right πŸ™

Aw that stinks! It must be really difficult to get the finish consistent, since there seems to be so much variation.

Does anyone know if we can request a certain kind of finish when ordering? I’m actually really tempted to just return my Lap (got him from Grandio) and wait until I can buy one that I really like. Almost 200 dollars is a whole lot for me to be spending and it would be nice if I could get the satin finish I like so much. But maybe I’m being way overly picky. πŸ˜•

Brian
                            Participant

I hated to do it but the only dragon I have ever returned was a lap with matte finish. The picture showed it glossy and I was very disappointed. I hope someone can trade with you. Good luck.

Sarah
                              Participant

vapordragon wrote:

I hated to do it but the only dragon I have ever returned was a lap with matte finish. The picture showed it glossy and I was very disappointed. I hope someone can trade with you. Good luck.

Thanks πŸ™‚

Did you end up ordering again to get the glossy finish?

Heh, I’m kinda glad I’m not the only one who gets picky about these details!

BDW
                                Participant

I wonder if I was to buy a satin finish spray and sprayed her if it would work…That is if I dare :roll:. Nam would you know?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.