fbpx

Tracking Numbers

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion Tracking Numbers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Susie
    Keymaster

As we get into the heavy shipping season – and bad weather season – people need their tracking numbers for their orders! Windstone doesn’t send them out – they are sent out by either UPS or USPS when we ship an order. We only send out the email that says “your order is complete” on the day that we have shipped it. UPS emails your tracking number in the evening of the day the package ships. I’m still not sure what USPS does!

Has anyone figured out how come sometimes you get a USPS tracking number emailed to you and sometimes not? It is only when you choose Priority Mail, and not for Ground Advantage? Is it only if you paid with a Paypal account and not if you used a credit or debit card? Has anyone got this figured out so that I can understand how come some people receive them and some don’t? I’d love to know!

And, as always, if you do not receive a tracking number and need it, after you have received your “complete” message from us, please email me with your order number at service@windstoneeditions.com and I will provide it as soon as I can.

Embrie
      Participant

Yes, you only get a USPS tracking number if you pay with PayPal, because PayPal sends an email out with it. 🙂

Looking for GBs: loaf dragon; dark red-colored sitting grey wolf; baby ki-rins; sitting ori; fantasy qi-lin #154

lean2fire
        Participant

I have never received a tracking number from USPS unless I pay with PayPal. The shipping info comes from PayPal itself, typically.

Tiffany Sparto
          Participant

I always pay via PayPal, and it is PayPal that emails me my tracking numbers no matter if it’s ground advantage or something else, usps never notifies me of tracking… So perhaps if someone pays using a card, or other means besides PayPal, and chose usps shipping, that’s why they don’t get their tracking (I am guessing anyway). I hope this helps a bit!

frozendragon
            Participant

Singing up for Follow my delivery from USPS will add packages to you no matter how you pay because it goes off your address. UPS also has an app that will add packages and notify you. There is an app called Route that will let you add email addresses, PayPal addresses and even Amazon so you can track all your packages regardless of payment method and carrier.

These are the best ones I have and I can usually find all my packages and don’t have to ask for tracking numbers.

frozendragon
              Participant

Mika
                Participant

Parroting that USPS shipment data is sent via Paypal, and I always pay with Paypal.

Susie
                  Keymaster

Thank you! This is what I thought might be happening. If you do not pay with your paypal account, you will not receive USPS tracking information – even though we use paypal to process credit and debit card payments and even though I use paypal to generate the post office shipping labels.

Thank you Frozen Dragon for SINGING out!! Let’s all SING and try one of his suggestions:
                    “Signing up for Follow my delivery from USPS will add packages to you no matter how you pay because it goes off your address. UPS also has an app that will add packages and notify you. There is an app called Route that will let you add email addresses, PayPal addresses and even Amazon so you can track all your packages regardless of payment method and carrier.”

Skywinger
                    Participant

For international deliveries, it’s the same, the tracking number comes with a Paypal email “More details on your shipment”. It doesn’t matter which type of mailing option I choose.

laphon1
                      Participant

I take my packages to my local PO, pay either with cash or a regular debit card, (NOT PayPal) and the tracking number is on my receipt. Using either Priority or Ground Advantage.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.