fbpx

Tournament of Roses parade

Home Forums Miscellany Community Tournament of Roses parade

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Skigod377
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† That was a funny story! Glad you had fun! And to have front row seats is excellent!

Wow, Vantid, I am seriously jealous! I’m glad you had a good time but I understand wanting peace and quiet. I live a short distance from NYC and have only been 2 times in the last 5 years or so. A little city goes a long way….Did you get to see George Lucas drive by? I would love to meet him!

I may have, but I didn’t have a good idea of what he looks like so i wouldn’t have known him if I’d seen him!

I am no pop culture whiz at all, I tell ya.

Here is a video of the rose parade just in case you missed it.

http://ktla.trb.com/extras/ktla/roseparade2007/video.htm

I like it because I get to forward past the stuff Im not interested in.

Oh and the dragon float is on Part 4. I also liked the one with the whales, dolphin, turtle, etc.

BiPolarBear wrote:

I don’t know abotu taking down the float’s but I know helping decorater them is a blast! You get to see every float up close and personal. I’ve helped decorate many floats over a period of about four years. It was fun going to decorate the floats every year with my uncles, cousins, father, and sisters. Then they started making you pay for the privledge because it got to popular of an event. But I have some great memories. Like the time I was in about a hundred pictures because me and my dad were asigned to pick flowers off their stems in this flower room right near the line of tourists that pay to get an early view of the floats. Or watching big bird shed thousands of yellow petals as they tested him out for the first time fully decorated and then judged him for awards. The best thing was watching it on tv and looking for close ups of areas you personally decorated. The whole nation got to see my family’s patch of yellow roses one year it was great.

Wow, I didn’t know you ever did that! How cool! I always wondered how they managed to decorate all those things. Using volunteers is a natural way to deal with it though… but… making volunteers PAY means they aren’t exactly volunteers anymore, huh? Customers, rather.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.