fbpx

Touch up chipped paint on claw – Emerald Peacock Old Warrior

Home Forums Windstone Editions Repairs Touch up chipped paint on claw – Emerald Peacock Old Warrior

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Heather
    Participant

This should be an easy one – I just need to touch up some missing gold paint on the claw of an Emerald Peacock Old Warrior. Not sure what type of paint to use? I’ve never done any repairs – since it’s a very small spot I was thinking I could just get some gold paint and touch it up with a small brush but if someone could tell me what kind of paint and perhaps what shade of gold that would be MUCH appreciated! Would I need to worry about sealing the spot after?

Susie
      Keymaster

We do their gold trim with Deco gold paint pens, available at hobby shops, or email me a request with your mailing address for an almost used up one and I’ll mail it to you at no charge. susie@windstoneeditions.com

Heather
        Participant

Thank you! Emailed you!

We do their gold trim with Deco gold paint pens, available at hobby shops, or email me a request with your mailing address for an almost used up one and I’ll mail it to you at no charge. susie@windstoneeditions.com

Is this open to anyone if there are extra’s lying around? I have a pair of old greens i am fixing up for laundry2011.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
          www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
          Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Melody
          Keymaster

Is this open to anyone if there are extra’s lying around? I have a pair of old greens i am fixing up for laundry2011.

Send an email request to Susie! We’ve got many almost-used-up pens around.
            They sell these at hobby shops too.

Heather
            Participant

Thanks! I emailed Susie, she is sending me one πŸ™‚

Nightcrow
              Participant

Anyone who’s bought one of the pens, which shop did you find it in, and in what section? I know my local JoAnn’s and Hobby Lobby don’t have them, but there is a Michael’s across town; I just wondered whether they’re any more likely to have it, and where to look (since paint is in at least three different sections based on use and quality).

Thanks!

Edit: Is this the brand/pen?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Danzig Moon (Karen)
                Participant

Try Ebay also. πŸ™‚

*** Always looking for Brindles..*** AWD Pieces **** Lavender Coiled Mother with Globe**** if you have one you would like to sell or trade please contact me ?

Kim
                  Blocked

The brand of pens I got from Windstone say: DecoColor Liquid Gold Opaque Paint Marker
                    So they have a thicker marker tip than a pen. Michaels would probably have them but you may want to call them and ask or search online.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

KaytanaPhoenix
                    Participant

This is nifty info to have.. My Emp and Scratcher both has minor scale chips on their gold, I’ve gone slightly insane wondering how I was going to paint match the gold, haha

Nightcrow
                      Participant

Thanks, Kim! I found what I think is the right pen at Michael’s; the only one they had was a “chisel tip” that is quite big and chunky, but hopefully that will be all to the good — after all, bigger pen = more paint, right? πŸ™‚

It was $6.99, and was NOT in the area with the acrylics (neither the cheapo acrylics aisle, nor the artist-quality acrylics aisle), but rather in a separate area with other paint pens.

The brand of pens I got from Windstone say: DecoColor Liquid Gold Opaque Paint Marker
                        So they have a thicker marker tip than a pen. Michaels would probably have them but you may want to call them and ask or search online.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

You can also order the DecoColor paint marker pens from DickBlick.com and I believe there are an assortment of 3 tip sizes and a ‘Metallic Set’ of two Gold/one Silver in Extra Fine tip.

Another possibility are the ‘Sargent’s Liquid Metal’ acrylic paints, which are very nice to work with in my opinion, especially the Gold and Silver colors. When dry they look like ‘metal’ as well.

Good Luck! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

drag0nfeathers
                          Participant

I get mine from Michaels, they have them with all their markers

Got a busted Windstone?
                            drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                            *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                            Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                            Siphlophis Male Dragon
                            Calypso Hatching Empress
                            Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                            Tattoo Mother Kirin
                            Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                            Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                            Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                            Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                            Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                            Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

Thanks, Kim! I found what I think is the right pen at Michael’s; the only one they had was a “chisel tip” that is quite big and chunky, but hopefully that will be all to the good — after all, bigger pen = more paint, right? πŸ™‚

Chisel tip is what you want. πŸ™‚
                              It’s what works best on the raised surfaces of claws, etc.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Landipan
                              Participant

I recently bought one of these gold paint pens, but I noticed it says ‘oil based’, is that safe for the gypsum?

*Formerly meowmix101
                                Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.