fbpx

To all of the dealers here…

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone To all of the dealers here…

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Agreed——-they say the only place that has worse traffic is Los Angeles, boy that must be really awful

Jodi
    Participant

Hey, dragonkeeper. How’d you get that EmPea Lap Dragon so fast if you’re not dealers? Don’t be offended. I’m just curious. πŸ™‚

I have bought from Enchantments before, and BT’s…They both pack wonderfully! Safe and sound for those who came from them! I jsut ordered from Emerald, and she just shipped them out today!(she does layaway, that is a bonus!) I will wait and see what the USPS can do to her “iron packing” LOL! But I trust she will pack them so that even if a bomb went off they would get here just fine! πŸ˜€ Also, if you want someone who will pack good, and want something she has to offer, ask Skigod… 8)
      I like to think I packed the mother coil Whippet got, ok…I love the words “double boxed” in any sale that is about a Windstone. πŸ˜‰
      I’d have to say that Emerald is the closest one to me, I am in Illinois…Unless there is someone out there I didn’t know about…On the forum that is. πŸ˜†

Sadly there seems to be a derth of Canadian dealers! At least in Ontario we have none at this moment that I’ve heard from, not since Green Earth stopped selling them and one other store in Burlington? I think? LOL

Bob breeds reptiles and does trade shows and expos to sell them. We decided to try and sell some Windstones last year at one of the shows. They sold really well, so we asked Windstone if we could be dealers but they sadly turned us down because we need a store front. Since then, we have become known at these shows for selling Windstones, they have become great advertising for selling the repitles as well. We get them from a local dealer and we have to pay full retail but its worth it, besides, I love seeing first hand all of the new colors.

No sunhawk it is the same on this side of the country, there is only one in Edmonton now, Donna Rose, and they have maybe 5 pieces, one of the others in west ed is closed, and the other only has old stock, I think ruby is their newest color. The guy that just opened up a tattoo place wants me to buy them and sell them through his shop, I said no, I basically dont trust him. I tried to convince him to do it, but no he wont.

The new dragons are basically loss leaders-I don’t really make much if anything on them, so we use them to keep the store with a large selection- and keep that kid in a candy store effect going. I actually sell the non retired pieces at reptile expos since their price isn’t as bad as most of the retired ones. I’ll probably phase the non retired dragons out by years end, as its just too costly. Actually since I can’t get a legit account, and theres only so many retired pieces available, I would say the Lost World will be done in about a year—boo hoo but thats the reality of it all…

Noooo! πŸ˜₯

Don’t be sad-we always knew that day would come, if you deal in retired pieces, you can only go so long. But on the bright side we currently have the hugest inventory on the planet, and will kepp things going as long as we can. At the astounding rate that everyone buys I guestimate a year or so

Jodi
      Participant

dragonkeeper wrote:

Bob breeds reptiles and does trade shows and expos to sell them. We decided to try and sell some Windstones last year at one of the shows. They sold really well, so we asked Windstone if we could be dealers but they sadly turned us down because we need a store front. Since then, we have become known at these shows for selling Windstones, they have become great advertising for selling the repitles as well. We get them from a local dealer and we have to pay full retail but its worth it, besides, I love seeing first hand all of the new colors.

Oh, I see. Well, I’m sorry it won’t last. That kind of situation doesn’t seem to hang on long. Of course, if you were actualy dealers, you couldn’t sell the current pieces on Ebay, so there’s benefits for you there (not being dealers). πŸ™‚

Good luck to you… I’m really looking forward to my Hatching Kinglet, btw. I’ll have a complete hatching royalty set in Peacock with his arrival. πŸ˜€

And my husband said the Frog Wizard was cute the other day. I got one for store stock and he said I should keep it on my geek shelving until I sell it so he can look at it. πŸ˜† He is slowly being won over…. Bwa ha ha ha ha! :mrgreen:

Maria
        Participant

Good for you, emerald. More Windstone addicts are always good news. πŸ˜€

Jodi
          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Good for you, emerald. More Windstone addicts are always good news. πŸ˜€

πŸ˜†

Elena
            Participant

Thanks everyone!

Ruff was right, there are few few dealers in Alberta. There’s one that I know of here in Calgary and I was told (by who I can’t remember 😳 ) that there is a second one way out in the south of Calgary but I haven’t been abl;e to make it that far out.

Thank God for the internet!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.