Time for the 2020 Forum ACEO Card Swap!

Home Forums Miscellany Swaps Time for the 2020 Forum ACEO Card Swap!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

CALLING ALL Budding and Established Artists who wish to Share!
      IT’S TIME FOR THE 2020 FORUM ACEO CARD SWAP! Yay!!!!!

We haven’t had an ACEO Swap since 2018, and since the PYO Swap is winding down and we need another diversion – now is the perfect time to Host this ACEO Swap! I always have great fun working with the ACEO Card Swaps and I’m sure you will too. ^_^
      For those of you who have never done an ACEO, or heard of them, they are basically ‘Trading Cards’ that artists make and trade – sort of like mini works of art that are representative of your unique style! So, yes that means that you can paint, draw, ink, use charcoal, chalk, or any other media you wish that will fit onto an ACEO Card. In fact, I encourage you to make your ACEO Cards with whatever medium you are comfortable working with, especially since these ACEOs represent YOU and Your Art! It will be fun receiving mini works of art from different ACEO artists participating in the Swap – and I’ve received some really marvelous mini-artworks in past Swaps!

ACEO Card Dimensions and Materials:
      There is only ONE Rule for ACEO Cards – they MUST be 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches in size. The finished ACEO card can be in a vertical or landscape orientation, but they must only be this size.
      If you are new to ACEO or ATC (Artist Trading Cards) cards, they are fun and easy to make yourself, or you can purchase ready-made Art Cards online at DickBlick.com or other art supply sites. To make your own ACEO cards easily and inexpensively, I’ve referenced two good YouTube videos I found – the links are below. They also show some neat project ideas – I don’t know these two artists, I just thought these two videos were cool.

ACEO ATC Cards Tutorial #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ml1sbT0VE
      ACEO ATC Cards Tutorial #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXYySei24Ls&list=PLxgP7KJY2WoJUr0b218ZfiSSY_P83Uc-Y&index=3

ANOTHER EXAMPLE – Here’s what I do when I make ACEO Cards… I buy the appropriate paper or card weight stock in a Pad or single sheets – you can find several at Art Supply stores (Michaels, Hobby Lobby, etc.) made for pencils, inks, charcoal drawing, acrylics, oils or watercolors… or my favorite paper – Mixed Media.
      I like using a Drawing or Mixed Media pad because I like the fact that I can plan out my piece and draw, paint, ink it, etc. on a slightly larger sized piece of stock for my final image to be big enough. Then when I cut it down to the correct size, the art on my ACEO card will have a natural ‘bleed’ off the edges. This is the process which works best for me – but please do what works best for you! Just make sure that your ACEO cards and the package you mail to me doesn’t contain any hazardous materials that the post office would be upset by.

The ACEO Card Swap ~ GENERAL INFORMATION:
      The object of the ACEO swap is to make your own unique, one-of-a-kind ACEOs to send fellow ACEO Swap participants, and you will get unique one-of-a-kind ACEOs from others in return – it’s that simple!

This will be a BLIND SWAP that I will coordinate, and the ACEO cards you mail to me will be shuffled, divided into equal numbers per package and sent to the Swap participants. So – each Swap participant will receive one package of several ACEOs, which will be mailed out by me to each of you. I would like to have everyone participating commit to a minimum of THREE (3) ACEO cards per person, since they are small (2-1/2 x 3-1/2 size), and so I can have a good assortment to send to each of you. You can certainly make more if you like to, and I encourage that – ACEO cards are really fun to do once you get started – and I thought that three would be a fair minimum to strive for.

Completed card sets will be mailed out after I receive them from all Swap participants. You can start working on your ACEO cards whenever you want, but I need to receive them by the end of JUNE so I can confirm receipt of your cards and can start compiling the packets to mail out. You will have approximately 1-1/2 months to work on your ACEOs.

When I receive the cards, I will confirm receipt of your cards by PM. After all the cards have been received, they will be sleeved (I’ll provide the sleeves if you don’t have any), and randomly shuffled to ensure that no one receives their own cards back. Everyone should put their forum name (or real name will work too) on the back of the ACEOs you send, just so when I’m mixing them up I can keep tabs that no one is getting their own ACEO cards in return. I will package and mail out the ACEO cards to all participants by July 10th, or when the ACEO cards have all been received and sorted, whichever is sooner.

SIGN-UP INFORMATION:
      Sign-Up is from NOW through SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2020 – Mother’s Day. Sign-up by sending a PM to me, Ela_Hara, with ‘2020 Forum ACEO Swap’ as the subject line and please include your name and mailing address. I’ll PM you back to confirm I received your Sign-Up message, and to give you my mailing address to send your completed cards.

Sign-Up Begins: NOW!
      Sign-Up Ends: SUNDAY, MAY 10, 2020

Confirmation of Sign-UP: A day or so after I receive your PM I’ll reply back to confirm that you are signed up for the ACEO Swap. If you don’t receive a confirmation PM from me within a couple days, please let me know.

PLEASE DO A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) ACEOs per participant – you can do more if you’d like! Please write your forum or real name, or both if you wish, on the ACEO Cards’ backs.

MAIL OUT FINISHED ACEO Cards to me (Ela_Hara) BY FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2020 — And Yes, you can mail them to me earlier if you wish to. Please mail them in a padded envelope, or with a stiff card to protect them when mailing. I’ll PM participants no later than Tuesday, June 30th to confirm receipt of your ACEO Cards, or to let you know if I haven’t received them yet.

Sending ACEO Packages to Participants: ACEO Card packages will be mailed out to all Swap participants on or around July 10, 2020 – or when all ACEO cards have been received and sorted – whichever is sooner.

To Sign-Up please PM me – Ela_Hara – and I’ll confirm that I received your PM as soon as I can.
      Don’t be shy – you can do this! Even if you haven’t done any ACEO cards before, they’re not hard. Hey, this will be FUN and ACEO cards are Fun to trade too!

Come Join in the FUN… the more the merrier! ^_^

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Zeppard Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
      Participant

Sign me up sweetie.
        In case a few of you are curious about what Ela_Hara is talking about,here are 2 from Ms.Melody.The unicorns are cut outs and is also drawn on the back.The unicorns looking in from the outside view.Just too darn cute for words.

20200426_0507302

20200426_0506582

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Hey Bodine!
          I sent a PM confirmation – can’t wait to see what you do this time. ^_^

Zeppard Adult Poads

Ela_Hara
          Participant

OK – so far I have signed up:
            Bodine
            Sherry10151982
            Me

Confirmation PMs have gone out… Anyone else? Sign up is until May 10th. ^_^

Zeppard Adult Poads

Ela_Hara
            Participant

Come on and join in the ACEO Card Swap FUN!
              So far we only have three participants – any others????

Zeppard Adult Poads

pipsxlch
              Participant

Okay, it’ll be a first for me but I think I can get these done. Count me in!

sherry10151982
                Participant

It’s a first for me too pip so we can be newbies together on this one!!

Bodine
                  Participant

Yay!More.I know we have many artist,many doodlers here so come,let’s share some little pieces of art.
                    Thank you for hosting Ela_Hara.

Kim
                    Blocked

I want to join again but let me see where I can buy the cards as I lost track of the ones I had when I moved last year.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Okay, it’ll be a first for me but I think I can get these done. Count me in!

Hey Pip! It’s not hard to do ACEO Cards – Happy to have you!

Zeppard Adult Poads

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

I want to join again but let me see where I can buy the cards as I lost track of the ones I had when I moved last year.

Hey Kim – let me know! Glad to have you join if you can. ^_^

Zeppard Adult Poads

Bodine
                          Participant

👏👏

Bodine
                            Participant

I believe Cwgrlup is joining also.

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

Oh Goody!
                                For those joining please confirm by sending me a PM!

Zeppard Adult Poads

Ela_Hara
                                Participant

So – are Kim and Cwgrlup joining the Swap?
                                  Anyone else?

Zeppard Adult Poads

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.