fbpx

Tiger Macaw griffon – My first PYO!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Tiger Macaw griffon – My first PYO!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Ela_Hara
    Participant

Really Really Wonderfully Done! 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Lauren
      Participant

I love the blending on this PYO’s feathers, and the stripes on the face and the legs came out so clear and thick! I’m really curious how you managed it? I tried making purple tiger stripes (it’s a fantasy tiger look) on one of my PYOs but they look a little on the transparent side in a few spots.

rachelled
        Participant

I love the blending on this PYO’s feathers, and the stripes on the face and the legs came out so clear and thick! I’m really curious how you managed it? I tried making purple tiger stripes (it’s a fantasy tiger look) on one of my PYOs but they look a little on the transparent side in a few spots.

Thank you!

I used diluted paint for the stripes on his legs… I had it mixed with airbrush medium, but did not end up airbrushing them on obviously :p I just can’t stand to waste paint, so I had the mix saved from sometime before. To make sure it was dark, I waited till it was dry, and then carefully went over all the stripes a second time. The second time was kind of stressful, lol!

The thickness was easier on the face, since I didn’t dilute the paint. It took a very steady hand (well, as much as I could), a fine brush, and a ton of little touch-ups afterward!

Hannah
          Participant

Rachelled, I am in awe that this is your first PYO! Your lines are so clean and lovely. I am a big fan of his face and the blending on the top of his head especially!

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
            Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Nightcrow
            Participant

Wow, he’s very handsome! That’s an intense color scheme for a first-time attempt; congrats on pulling it off!

I’m very impressed by his facial markings especially – they’re so even and smoothly done. Excellent job!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Nightcrow
              Participant

Wow, he’s very handsome! That’s an intense color scheme for a first-time attempt; congrats on pulling it off!

I’m very impressed by his facial markings especially – they’re so even and smoothly done. Excellent job!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Falcolf
                Participant

That is one incredibly gorgeous griffin! I LOVE the markings on the face, really good job! 😀 Lovely subtle blending!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.