fbpx

Theresa Mather

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Theresa Mather

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I made it to Lunacon and to Balticon. One of my favorite parts of scifi conventions is the art show. I really, really like this artist’s work: http://www.rockfeatherscissors.com/
    At Lunacon I went to a talk she gave which was very interesting. She did a lot of work on carousels earlier in her career. I absolutely love carousels and she had some great pictures of carousels she had worked on. She seems really nice. I ended up having to leave Lunacon early and could not stay for the art auction. There was a piece she had done that I fell in love with and was really bummed that I couldn’t even try to get it. So I contacted her after the convention and she did a similar piece for me which is absolutely awesome! It’s a couple of sea horses although you see just the front half so the tails are not visible. But it was exactly what I wanted. I’ve been enjoying the prints I got so I thought I would post the link to her homepage so other people could enjoy her art as well.

Adaneth
    Participant

I like her art though I’m not sure I have any prints. Neat that you got to meet her! ๐Ÿ™‚

neat artwork!

lamortefille
      Participant

I don’t know if I should thank you or not for posting that link! lol! I really like her work. Congrats on obtaining the perfect piece. ๐Ÿ˜€ You should post a picture of it, if you can.

siberakh1
        Participant

I love her work! Took me the longest time to find her again, since she didn’t have a website set up for a while and I didn’t get back to Arisia. I only had the sticker on the back of the prints I have to go by. I haven’t met her, but I picked up some limited prints of hers back around 2000 at Arisia. I’d have to check the numbers on them, but I believe they were both pretty low (like one or two of the edition). One is a little night dragon and the other is a winged snow leopard. I liked some of the cats she did that had actual cabochon stones added on to the necklace of the work, but the ones I really liked went out of my price range at the time (poor, broke little student Siberakh ๐Ÿ˜€ ).

Morrigan
          Participant

Thanks for posting the link also. I bought two of the winged-cat prints to put up on my wall. ๐Ÿ™‚

Susan
            Participant

a friend and mine each have her full collection of birthstone dragon prints. i’ve had the darndest time finding a room divider to showcase all 12.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.