The Windstone Factory and where I have been (VERY picture heavy)

Home Forums Miscellany Community The Windstone Factory and where I have been (VERY picture heavy)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Misty
    Participant

Hello folks,

For those of you who might have been curious. I have been gone for a couple of weeks recently. I took my daughter and little corgi dog out for a visit to my very sick father. Some of you might remember me mentioning last year he is pretty much riddled with cancer. I won’t go into details but I will just say it has progressed now to the point where his time is measured days. They do not expect him to live past this weekend. His lung collasped this morning and they thought they had it reinflated and his condition stable. But things have taken a turn for the worse. I am very grateful I was able to take my 6 year old out of school to visit, especially since this was our last chance to do so. I can’t bring myself to type more at this point. But any well wishes sent his way would be appreciated.

On a more pleasant note.

To make a long story short. I asked Melody and crew if, on my way home from the trip, I could swing by for a brief visit. I was given the green light and away I went! It was a nice spot of brightness to the end of a difficult visit. And I want to thank the whole crew for taking the time to be so nice to me and my daughter while we were there. Maybe someday I can swing by again when I am not so rushed and under more cheerful circumstances.
      For the rest of you guys. I took some pictures while I was there (of course) and am posting a few of them. There were more than 60, so this is just a handful. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Tapestry blanket in the front office…

This isn’t a dragon…

But some of these are!

My munchkin was very carefully petting this little dragon.

And this….was in Pam’s office XD What she is going to do with it, I am not sure I want to know O.o

Hope this nice hard working lady doesn’t mind a picture of her back on here.

And what I am sure some really want to see….GB’s! Lots of them =) And lots and lots.

Everywhere I looked, there was something interesting! So these are just a “few” pictures. Once again, Thanks much Windstone gang! It was fun >.< HUGS

Sirithiliel
      Participant

Oh I love that bright rock dragon an those orangey laps!! They are all so pretty!!!

Adaneth
        Participant

Wow, thanks so much for sharing all those photos!

So sorry to hear the bad news about your father.

Stephanie
          Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad. Glad you got another chance to see him though.

*many hugs*

Thank you for the pictures, too!

dragonmedley
            Participant

No matter how hard it is, it’s great that you were with your dad… big hugs!

And thanks for sharing the pics!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

rock-reader
              Participant

I’m so sorry about your father. My best wishes to you all.

On a happier note, thank you for the pictures from the factory. I would love to see more – I am curious about all the steps involved in creating the statues and delighted to see so many of them in-progress.

OMG Opal I am so sorry about your dad and I am happy that you and your daughter got to go and spend some time with him!

You have no idea how happy you made me to see a picture of the pink (python??) dragon in the second pic. I was jumping up and down in my seat **DORK** that is the one that I spotted in the Uni livestream :bigsmile: YEAH!! Thank you for posting all these great pics and thinking of us all in a very difficult time for your family. **HUGGS**

Purplecat
                Participant

I love that grumpy gryphon sculpt. 😉

Skylover
                  Participant

I am so sorry to hear about your father, but I’m glad you were able to go visit and spend some time with him.

Thank you so much for the pictures!

phantomess
                    Participant

Bless you and your family during this rough time, opal.

Thank you so much for the pictures. Lots of intriguing things- but the camouflage hatching emp really caught my eye! Oh yeah, bring on the camo dragons please! 😀

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Kim
                      Blocked

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad and wish you and your family well in this time.

Thanks for posting the pictures! Those are awesome! I love seeing what all they have there to send out. Do you know what the poads at the bottom of pictures 4 and 5 were for? They look like special pieces maybe for eBay?

I love the pictures of all the unicorns! I hope to get one with this time! Did you happen to see if they have any copper patina young or fledgling dragons?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Kiya
                        Participant

I’m so sorry to hear about your dad and wish you and your family well in this time.

Thanks for posting the pictures! Those are awesome! I love seeing what all they have there to send out. Do you know what the poads at the bottom of pictures 4 and 5 were for? They look like special pieces maybe for eBay?

I love the pictures of all the unicorns! I hope to get one with this time! Did you happen to see if they have any copper patina young or fledgling dragons?

The poads were on Pam’s cart – so either ebay or the special items area of the store. Not sure which.

There were no CP fledglings or youngs in progress – but they usually don’t do a CP batch until they have enough slightly flawed castings so it can take awhile.

Chloe
                          Participant

I am so, so sorry to hear of your impending loss. The passing of a parent is something we never fully recover from, but it is so wonderful that you were able to visit him and spend time with him at the end. *hugs*

Thank you so much for all the eye candy. We really appreciate these “sneak peeks” and I know I love to feast my eyes on all the upcoming artwork.

Take care of yourself and remember to eat and sleep!

drag0nfeathers
                            Participant

I’m sorry to hear about your father opal. My prayers go out to you in your family. Sometimes it’s worse to watch them hang on like that, so please if you need someone to talk to I’m always here to listen.

Got a busted Windstone?
                              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                              Siphlophis Male Dragon
                              Calypso Hatching Empress
                              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                              Tattoo Mother Kirin
                              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Misty
                              Participant

This morning my dad passed away. At least now he isn’t hurting anymore.

Love ya dad, and I will always be your little fishin’ buddy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.