fbpx

the soon-to-be gb young poads – what are your faves?

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags the soon-to-be gb young poads – what are your faves?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Rylorien
    Participant

I know a lot of people are excited by the look of the new gb young poads, so I figured I’d start a post for people wanting to express interest in certain ones. Because why not.

I’m posting a mangled picture of the ones I really like so far and would be interested in trading or buying, given the right opportunities.

I really like this black/teal/silver fantasy one with the blue eyes as I think it would match my silver/teal dart tadpoad (there were a few with dark eyes but for me the only one that looks great is the blue-eyed one).

There are several safari ones that caught my eye, but my top two are the lovely white-bellied grey-to-brown tiger stripe with what appears to be dark grey eyes and the orange tiger stripe with what looks like patches of AWD white/black on his shoulderblades. I also really like the okapi with brown eyes and black cheek dots.

The two orange and one sandy tigers are there because I still have my tiger tadpoad and wouldn’t mind a buddy for her…but they’re not top priority.

Of course, it’s hard to tell exactly how well you’ll like a piece til you can see it clearly…and group photos make that difficult! And you never know what will show up in the show off thread. But this is a start, small as it may be. 🙂

Natasha
      Participant

There are so many gorgeous ones in these batches – I’m sure there will be more favorites when we see a class picture, but so far, these are my faves. I love the badger schemes, but some of the fancier hybrids like the Girage/Zebra (I think?) and the snow leopard ones really call to me, too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
        ANY Red Eyed Unis
        ANY Test Paint Bat
        UNIS:
        The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
        Male- Snow Leopard TP
        White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
        Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
        Mother: Okapi
        Gothic - Mahogany
        PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
        DRAGONS: Male Coyote

I would like to get anyone of them except the black and white one, if I could just get one I’d be happy!

Falcolf
        Participant

I love all of them except for the black and white patch poads too. 😀 Especially love the patterned poads and the hoppies. Sadly I will be enjoying this grab bag vicariously through you guys again, though hopefully I will be able to put a trade item up soon. I MIGHT be getting some money for Christmas though? I don’t know! Gorgeous eye candy!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

PrairieVixen
          Participant

There are just SO many that I love, but in general, my favorites are the black-eyed ones. I just LOVE the black eyes! My absolute favorite Hoppy is the black-eyed rainbow one on the far left in the first photo. If anyone gets it and doesn’t love it, please keep me in mind! 🙂 There are so many I love in the natural group I truly can’t pick a favorite. The ones with blue hearts are some of my most favorites from the teaser photos. If anyone gets one they’re not in love with, give me a holler! I’ve got lots to offer for trade (or will purchase). 🙂 Ya’ll know how much of a poad nut I am, lol.

Here are my favorites!:

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

Lokie
            Participant

Man, I’m so out of touch. I didn’t know these were being worked on. So many of them I’m doing Grabby Hands at 😀 Just beautiful! However, since it’s so close to Christmas, I have to pass on ordering such a big ticket item for myself. Can’t wait to see the photo thread!

This one is my fave. I wont be getting any but I can still have a fave right?

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
              www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
              Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Prezaurian
              Participant

-laughs- These guys are cute. Still not getting one though. 🙂 I don’t really care for the dart frog design (though I LOVE the colors) and the natural pattern ones have too many I wouldn’t want to get.

Feline patterns with green eyes are my absolute favorites with blue eyes coming in second. But since there are so many other patterns I just don’t want to take the chance of getting something else. Don’t really want any giraffe, badger, or african dogs (basically any non feline design). I especially would not want to end up with one of the black and white spotted ones (though after looking it up they might be sold in a separate batch).

Celestial Rainstorm
                Participant

They’re all so gorgeous! But I feel so lonely – I think I’m the only one who doesn’t collect or have one poad. They’re adorable but I do like the gryphs and draggies better.

Finding happiness again.

They’re all so gorgeous! But I feel so lonely – I think I’m the only one who doesn’t collect or have one poad. They’re adorable but I do like the gryphs and draggies better.

No worries, I don’t have any either!

Kim
                  Blocked

This is a tough one as I love a few of them but can probably only afford one or two if I am lucky and can sell something else. I would love a hoppy one in rainbow, blue, purple or pink. I would also love a safari one like a giraffe, leopard, white tiger or zebra. If I got anything else I would want to trade for one of those.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

You aren’t alone. No poads here.

etruscan
                      Participant

You aren’t alone. No poads here.

If you ever open the door to Poads you will discover that they are like Jello – there’s always room for more. Especially now that Melody is making several sizes!

pdlucich
                        Participant

OK, I know only a few people have posted, but it looks like the AWD craze has about run its course. Everyone wants cat patterns again. I confess that after I got an AWD fox and a taddie, I’m looking for a kitty, too. On the other hand, I’ve been trying for a cat pattern since the “supernatural safari” GBB unis and still don’t have one. Oddly, however, I don’t care for the “yellow” tigers. Anything in silver/grey though…. Oh! How about other cat patterns in grey? I think a silver cheetah would be awesome!

It's not hoarding if it's books!
                          Cat hair -- condiment and fashion accessory!

Ann
                          Participant

OK, I know only a few people have posted, but it looks like the AWD craze has about run its course. Everyone wants cat patterns again. I confess that after I got an AWD fox and a taddie, I’m looking for a kitty, too. On the other hand, I’ve been trying for a cat pattern since the “supernatural safari” GBB unis and still don’t have one. Oddly, however, I don’t care for the “yellow” tigers. Anything in silver/grey though…. Oh! How about other cat patterns in grey? I think a silver cheetah would be awesome!

I think so too about the AWD pattern. I love the cat patterns too. I’d like to get a frog Poad also if I can. I think the batches are not huge though.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.