The Nightmare…

Home Forums Miscellany Community The Nightmare…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

So I’ve been having the same exact dream now about every other night for the past 3 1/2 weeks or so. Last night was night number 13. Sometimes back to back. It’s about me getting in a head on collision with a drunk driver on the same road that I take to go visit my parents. It’s always the same truck, same road and I’m always in the same hospital, same room, and the same people come see me every time.
    Basically in the dream I get sprayed with shattered glass from both my car and the truck causing massive scarring on my arms and around my eyes and forehead. People from work say that I’ll no longer be able to work there because they don’t want people to get frightened by the sight of me. I’m constantly getting arrested for scaring people and for making death threats (which I never do).
    The dream sometimes will last all night long and sometimes won’t. It’s when it doesn’t that it freaks me out. I’ll wake up from it sometimes around say 3:30 am or so, sweating like I just stepped out of a sauna. I’ll go to the bathroom (like I always do at night) and my husband has one of those tooth brushes that sit on the chargers and it’s light is bright enough to light up the base of the bathroom mirrors…when I go in there I can still see the scars on my face from my dream. And I know I’m awake!
    I have to turn on the bathroom light every time and rub my eyes to makes sure they are not there. It’s really starting to freak me out.

Once I’m up from the dream, It’s very hard for me to go back to sleep regardless of what time it is. I just want it to stop! I’m not sure what to do. I just want to sleep again.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, white kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard

Stephanie
    Participant

Yikes. I don’t have any advice, but I hope they stop!

purpledragonclaw
      Participant

I don’t have any advice either, but I think those dreams are definitely something to pay attention to! I hope you gain clarity!

I hope you figure out what’s happening to give you these dreams. I’m not a psychiatrist so I have nothing to say on the matter. *hugs*

Though when I was a kid I did have this disturbing dream of falling off a big cliff. It was like a mini-series, first night, I fall off, second night, I’m falling, third night starts where second night left off, etc, I died on the 6th night.

Apparently dying in my dream didn’t kill me, though.

I do wonder if it means something.

Katherine
        Participant

I really wish I had something constructive to say, but I don’t. I am wondering if there is some validity to the dream since it is occuring that often. I really wish I could help you, and I hope they go away soon! *hugs*

Maria
          Participant

That’s freaky. If something like that were bothering me, I’d pray about it. Sorry I can’t give any other advice.

BipolarBear
            Participant

Hmmm if it’s affecting your sleep that often you might want to speak to a therapist. Well if you have good insurance that will cover it.

I would help but I am just to tired to get out of bed today~
              Engaged to a Weasel

I had something similar happen to me for a few months, I had a recurring dream about driving off the bridge, and sometimes I was alone, sometimes I had someone with me, but I always woke up terrified, right at the point where I was looking at the water through my windshield. It turned out to be stress related, and the only thing that seemed to help was sleeping with a nightlight for a week or so, then they pretty much stopped, I don’t know if that will help for you, but it’s worth a shot…good luck!

I’m not really stressed out about anything though. I kinda have a night light…the street lamp is right outside the bedroom window an it lights it up pretty good. I just wish it would go away. I’m not afraid of the dream itself anymore, it’s more being afraid of what I see in the mirror after waking up.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.