fbpx

The Night Before Christmas

Home Forums Miscellany Community The Night Before Christmas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

The Night Before Christmas

It was the night before Christmas when all through the plant, not a creature was stirring, not a Fuzzy nor ant. The boxes were packed all ready to ship, just helping St. Nick save time on his trip. The Hatchers were warm,all snug in their shells, while they sleepily listened to soft Christmas bells. Ms.Melody in her kitchen fixing us snacks, while I settled down for a warm night cap. When out on the lawn we heard such a chatter, we ran to the window to see what was the matter. I looked out the window and saw in a flash, a bunch of odd creatures just having a blast. The moon shine abreast on the new foal “Snow”, gave us a sight only we could behold. And what did my old eyes suddenly see here, eight tiny dancing KiRin reindeer. Then I saw an old wizard so stately and slick, told myself,” This must be a trick.”

I More rapid than Griffins the creatures they came, they danced and were greeted each by their name. Now Rainbow and Glacier, now Peacock and Black Violet, On Elven,on Tanzanite,on Emerald and Brimstone,do hear my call.

“Off of the packing shelves and on to Ms.Susie’s, now ship away,ship away,ship away all!”
      We ran out the door and onto the lawn,

with welcoming smiles and big open arms.

Into the home came the Heavenly crew,

straight to the fireplace and warmth they all knew. My eyes they did twinkle as I looked at each hoof, this must be real magic all under this roof. I drew in my breath as I sat myself down, and marveled at all of this beauty around. The Wizard stepped in and stomped with his foot, The Kirins got caught all covered in soot. With a little surprise he pulled from his pack, he handed it to me as I just set back. His eyes were so bright, like the color of Peri, we asked him to sit and have a glass of Sherry. He set by the fire warming his feet, and asked a bit shyly,”Got something to eat?” We drank and we dined till he said, “Well, it’s time.” He rushed us to bed like a jolly old elf, and we laughed when we went in spite of ourself. With a wink of his eye he said, “Now off to bed, still much to be done and my butt feels like lead.” Without another word he walked to the tree, then turned to the critters and said, “Ok,you three.” Giving a nod,out the door they all went, with a long way to go before this night is spent. The Dragons and Kitties and Foxes and Bats, had all ran outside and climbed in Nick’s hat. With a wave of his staff, he says with a laugh, “MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!”
      ( Having fun,hope you enjoyed it Bodine,Cwgrlup,Ela_Hara)

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

laphon1
      Participant

You painted a vivid picture! I could just see it unfold as I read. Loved it. 😍

pipsxlch
        Participant

You guys are brilliant- that was great!

Suzanne-Marie
          Participant

Love 💗 and enjoyed the poem so very very much!!
            Thank you
            Merry Christmas 🎄

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.