fbpx

The new Supernatural Candycorn Grab Bag Baby Unicorns

Home Forums Windstone Editions Windstone Store Discussion The new Supernatural Candycorn Grab Bag Baby Unicorns

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    KaytanaPhoenix
    Participant

What do we think of the idea of Mel dating the unis? (to help keep track of what batch they’re from?) Just like 1/13 (month/yr)

Random thought, understandable if she doesn’t want to, was just thinking it’d help keep track of the batches, if anyone cares to keep track

Kiya
      Participant

The last batches of unis and poads had date stamps on the boxes.

Falcolf
        Participant

Whoa! Awesome looking patterns! Well, good luck everybody! ๐Ÿ˜€

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

KaytanaPhoenix
          Participant

The last batches of unis and poads had date stamps on the boxes.

I noticed that on the poad I got, which helps, but boxes get lost and mixed up.. and if one is bought second hand, they can really get mixed up.. I have had several uni’s that I wasn’t sure what batch they were from, not that it’s a major thing, but I think it’s nice to know.. If the pad is marked then we know for sure. Just a thought I had..

For the record I’m not saying anyone but Mel (or factory) should date the pads… I definitely wouldn’t alter a gb (or any original piece for that matter) w something like that.. Hence why I’m asking what the general thought is to have em come from the factory dated… Just a lil disclaimer here since we have quite a few new ppl who may not know better (I don’t want to unintentionally misguide someone who has good intentions) ๐Ÿ™‚

Kiya
            Participant

Signing 100+ pads is already a lot of time. ๐Ÿ™‚ The last batch of poads didn’t say grab bag batch on them at all – they were just signed. At a guess the combo of the quantity and size of the pads probably made this a MUCH easier approach.

Though – maybe they could use a date stamp on the pads before the go to Melody so it’s not extra work for her. I don’t know if a date stamp would work on felt, but maybe!

I’m pretty much against ANYTHING that makes Melody work more on something like how she signs a pad as opposed to painting or sculpting though. ๐Ÿ™‚

Riversgrace
              Participant

The boxes could be stamped with the date they were released…. Most of us want the boxes they come in anyway.

Kiya
                Participant

The boxes could be stamped with the date they were released…. Most of us want the boxes they come in anyway.

They are stamping the boxes now. ๐Ÿ™‚ Kay is specifically asking about having this on the pads too.

Scathach
                  Participant

They are stamping the boxes now. ๐Ÿ™‚ Kay is specifically asking about having this on the pads too.

While it’s true that many people like to keep the boxes, not everyone does. Also, there is nothing to stop an unscrupulous seller from using a “new” box to sell and “old” GB. If perhaps, instead of writing “Grab Bab Edition” there was just the release date “12/12” it’s shorter for Miss Melody to write (or someone else could) and it would keep it all clear. Just a thought.

Life is beautiful.

Pam

I’m not sure I understand yet why it matters what batch a unicorn came from, but I would suggest using jewelry hang-tags, tied to the windstone hangtag on the unicorn, if you want to record what date or batch it came from ๐Ÿ™‚

http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Tags-%26-Fasteners/Marking-Tags

drag0nfeathers
                      Participant

I don’t think it’s a big deal knowing what batch they came from either. I don’t see the point really, but you COULD catalog the class photos with what you have if it is that big of a deal. Save the photo as the date for the file name and just back track thru the blog to get caught up to now. OR… when you get your box, write on it a description of the Uni/Poad, or on the Windstone invoice/receipt instead if you don’t want to write on the box. I’m sure the invoices must have dates on them, and you can use the date to figure out the batch.

Got a busted Windstone?
                        drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                        *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                        Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                        Siphlophis Male Dragon
                        Calypso Hatching Empress
                        Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                        Tattoo Mother Kirin
                        Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                        Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                        Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                        Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                        Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                        Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Zelda
                        Participant

Pam, I like your idea! It helps folks keep track of their own pieces, anyway.

It would also help if everyone sent in pictures of their unis and poads to Hannah for her directories. It’s a reference for the batch (at least for poads and baby unis) that’s accessible by all, and it’s also nice to drool over pictures that are more detailed than the class photos ๐Ÿ™‚ I understand that GBs can go to folks who aren’t active in the collector community, or for privacy reasons don’t want to post photos, but this would cover the majority of GB pieces.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Scathach
                          Participant

I don’t think it’s a big deal knowing what batch they came from either. I don’t see the point really, but you COULD catalog the class photos with what you have if it is that big of a deal. Save the photo as the date for the file name and just back track thru the blog to get caught up to now. OR… when you get your box, write on it a description of the Uni/Poad, or on the Windstone invoice/receipt instead if you don’t want to write on the box. I’m sure the invoices must have dates on them, and you can use the date to figure out the batch.

Hmm it’s not that it is all that big a deal, but it is also not that unusual in the art world to number prints or released editions of things. While it is true that as an original owner of a piece, it is pretty easy for me to keep track, the nature of grab bags is that they get re-homed frequently. Boxes get lost. Original pictures are never taken or put on data bases. Class photos, while wonderful, don’t always show the full sculpture. Unscrupulous sellers may attempt to name incorrectly so as to alter the perception of value of a piece. Etc. I honestly don’t see what could be wrong with a little more clarity.

Life is beautiful.

etruscan
                            Participant

Could someone other than Melody write the date on the pads? I don’t know who glues on the pads, but writing the date as part of that step might be another possibility. Either glue pad – write date, or write date – glue pad, whichever was easier.

Trava
                              Participant

I’ve started keeping a list. I name each grab bag when I photograph it anyway, so an excel list with a batch date, name and short description work for me. I have a harder time keeping track of the batches of the things I have traded for however. I have found that some people REALLY care what batch a grab bag is from and some don’t care at all.

Kiya
                                Participant

That’s basically what I do too. So far except for the VERY early grab bag batches, the unicorns have been fairly distinctive.

There are enough un-dated grab bags out there that I’m not sure beginning to date them would really clarify things. It would be easy enough for a dishonest seller to add a date to a pad/box if they were really bent on tricking someone.

I know some people have also traded out eyes and gems on grab bags they have gotten and I don’t know if that information is always clearly disclosed. Even if the person who originally sells/trades tells the recipient, it could be forgotten later on.

I tend to adhere to the idea that if I love a unicorn, the batch doesn’t matter. They aren’t intrinsically worth more by batch – it really comes down to personal preference I think.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 82 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.