fbpx

The First Quest

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests The First Quest

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)
  • Author

Haaah I know exactly what I’m going to do! ^_^ This is so exciting.
    It’s just a little idea but it’s helped me a lot, and that’s the whole point of this quest… right? Right!

Kiya
    Participant

Well, I’m going to be a brat…at least the brat that’s willing to say something. Or maybe I’m the only one without any painting (or any other kind of) talent, or tips and tricks to make a video. That’s always possible. I honestly don’t think any contest should exclude forum members, though, or be geared toward a certain group the way this one is. Yes, I’m free to try, as I’m sure will be pointed out, but really, I would be up against some members that could actually paint for Windstone with their level of talent. So anyway, if you want to make it fun, you should try to make it fun for everybody. Just my 2 cents. Everybody is free to throw rotten tomatoes, say haters gonna hate or whatever. I’ve been collecting since 1988, though, and a forum member since almost the beginning and yeah, my feelings are hurt. I’m not a “fellow artist”; I’m a buyer.

It’s certainly not our intent to hurt anyone’s feelings. As I said in another post, this is just the FIRST, not the only quest. 🙂 There will be some that are really easy to enter (like Melody’s raffles) and some that require a bit of work (like this one). We’d like to see everyone have a chance to win – heck, eventually I think we’d like everyone to win! 🙂

I do appreciate the input! Any feedback, good or bad, can help us build the next one even better.

I don’t think you’re a brat at all – thank you for letting me know how you felt.

Also, if anyone has fun ideas for contests/promotions you would like to see run, please let me know! I can’t guarantee we’ll do them all, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. 🙂

Adaneth
      Participant

Well, I’m going to be a brat…at least the brat that’s willing to say something. Or maybe I’m the only one without any painting (or any other kind of) talent, or tips and tricks to make a video. That’s always possible. I honestly don’t think any contest should exclude forum members, though, or be geared toward a certain group the way this one is. Yes, I’m free to try, as I’m sure will be pointed out, but really, I would be up against some members that could actually paint for Windstone with their level of talent. So anyway, if you want to make it fun, you should try to make it fun for everybody. Just my 2 cents. Everybody is free to throw rotten tomatoes, say haters gonna hate or whatever. I’ve been collecting since 1988, though, and a forum member since almost the beginning and yeah, my feelings are hurt. I’m not a “fellow artist”; I’m a buyer.

I’ll admit I felt a little snubbed too, when I first looked over this. But it does say ‘First’ quest, so I’m hoping there’ll be more, and those might be more ‘friendly’ to people who don’t paint pyos or have videocameras. 🙂 It’s wonderfully generous of Windstone to offer such great prizes and go through the trouble (and legal small-print) of setting this all up.

Maybe start a poll or try to come up with ideas for future quests that you would enjoy? I’m sure they’re open to suggestions.

Kiya
        Participant

On another note – this can be ANY kind of tips and tricks for PYO Windstones.

So, maybe you don’t think you’re the best painter, or you’ve only done one paint your own, or what not. That’s okay! Your tip could be how to get lighting on to hard to see areas or how to hold a sculpture in place.

If you don’t have a paint your own on hand, maybe you can do a tutorial on what different brush tips are good for (I know I certainly wonder about that sometimes!)

It could even be how to pack your finished sculpture safely so it makes it to its new home in one piece. 🙂

Lokie
          Participant

One tip? Or can it be like 7 quick references to things I do or products I own (besides paints and brushes) that I find helpful in painting PYO, but haven’t seen mentioned on the forum. What about mentioning a product’s name? Can that be done?

Tinks
            Participant

So will we only have “Quests” now and no more raffles by Melody?

Kiya
              Participant

One tip? Or can it be like 7 quick references to things I do or products I own (besides paints and brushes) that I find helpful in painting PYO, but haven’t seen mentioned on the forum. What about mentioning a product’s name? Can that be done?

As long as the total time is 5 minutes or less you can have as many references to what you do as you like.

Since we’re not making money on these, referencing a product name should be fine as long as it is in a positive manner. You shouldn’t say anything like “x brand is better than y brand”, or “x brand really stinks!” – but if you say, “I use x brand” that’s okay.

Kiya
                Participant

So will we only have “Quests” now and no more raffles by Melody?

Oh no! This is in ADDITION to Melody’s raffles – not a replacement for them. :)The raffles will roll along as they always have. But you’ll have to ask Melody, not Ayonah and I, about those. 🙂

There will be no changes to the raffles either. Everyone can participate as always.

Kiya
                  Participant

Sooo I just read the terms again. For some reason when I read the prize list, I assumed that the winner could pick an emperor from the store, or a male from the store, out of what is currently in stock. But the prize is essentially a commission by Melody (or PS?) which is amazing.

Melody will be the one painting the prizes. It isn’t a commission – she’ll paint them in a scheme of her choosing. We just can’t say what it is because we don’t know what it will be yet. 🙂

I was thinking of doing a hilarious satirical video of me dumping paint on the floor then rolling the windstone through it or something, ha, we’ll see XD

This will be voted on by the members – so satire/humor may be as successful as serious videos. 🙂 We’ll just have to see!

siberakh1
                    Participant

There are some contests in the US alone that will exclude certain states or territories because of local or state laws differing.

I’m with what azurielle stated above. It’s really hard to get contests that work for EVERYONE 100% of the time. I’d like to enter this one, but depending on if I can find a device to take video (not sure how well my camera will be with it) and if I have the free time, I’m out on this one. However, I’m sure there are other contests that I will be able to enter and some that I will not be able to enter, and I’m ok with that.

Some people used to do the monetary raffles on here and ran afoul of paypal, even though it may be legal to run such raffles in certain areas of the US or other countries. It’s hard to keep up with all of the rules governing every area of the world and it’s not always possible to do that 100% of the time. :

Question for Ayonah: Are we allowed to mention different brands of paint or show the bottles, or do such things need to be turned around and not mentioned? This is the rule I wanted clarity on:

Entry Video should not contain any commercial or advertising content or any third party trademarks, names or logos other than Windstone Editions. Sponsor reserves the right to edit Entry Videos(where possible), if Sponsor deems such editing necessary to address recognizable products/brands within the background or where the location itself may represent a copyright conflict.

Kelly
                      Participant

I really like the idea of the quests. I personally won’t enter this one because, I feel I lack the skill to teach and paint,lol. I’m looking forward to seeing what the participants come up with as there is a whole lot of talent on this forum and I most likely will learn something from this quest. I wish everyone luck and am eager to see the videos/ slide shows. 🙂

Amanda
                        Participant

Oo! This sounds like so much fun! I can’t offer any tips to enter, but I’m looking forward to seeing all the entries! I hope someone does a video about blending 😀

Jennifer
                          Keymaster

I’m sure there will be more quests geared towards other things (like the calender photo thing). And I’m not every quest will be for everyone. It’s too bad that international laws make it hard for windstone to let everyone enter, but that’s not something they can change. I think that the quest thing is a nice to do, and Windstone already does lots of nice things. Not every person can qualify for everything, so to the few, please don’t ruin it for the many. Other forums I have been on have stopped doing fun things because some people felt hurt and/or jumped to conclusions.

Quoted for truth.
                            This is one of the reasons I am no longer a moderator.

Enjoy, folks. These things are for fun. Heaven forbid.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                            My art: featherdust.com

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

I don’t paint either, but since this was the first quest, I figured there would be other quests that would be more suited to my talents/interests. Actually this is a great way to improve the forum and what it has to offer. Who knows maybe we’ll find the next great Windstone artist. Us non-painters should root for those who are good at this stuff…kinda like we do when the raffle prize does nothing for us. 🙂 so we don’t enter. I think this will be fun.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

Azurielle
                              Participant

I’m sorry that you have had a hard time Jennifer. I can only imagine it’s very hard to be a moderator because with the internet, there are a lot of misunderstandings.

That being said, I don’t enter a lot of contest things just because it’s not my deal, but I love seeing what others come up with, because some people are so darned creative! I hope we see some reallyb neat films, and maybe those of us who do paint can learn some tips! I might give this a go, if I can come up with some ideas, and talk hubby into filming it with out camera. 🙂
                                Incidently, for those of you who have digitals cameras, but not a video camera, most digital camers have short video options, so you could take short videos, and just put them together when you’re done. 🙂 Lets all try to have fun, even if it’s just watching.

Keeper of the Fledgings

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 138 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.