fbpx

The First Quest

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests The First Quest

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Ayonah
    Participant

This task will require creativity, skill, imagination and a video recording device of some kind.

The objective of this challenge is for the brave artists among you to create and record a short video ( under five minutes) that will demonstrate a few informative tips and methods for creating a beautiful Paint-your-own piece. These will be posted on Youtube and here, on our forum.

You may wish to showcase your painting skills and techniques, give advice on paints and tools, show how to set up a spiritually fulfilling work area, or provide any helpful knowledge on the subject you wish to share with your fellow artists.

No purchase is necessary to enter. We will welcome videos demonstrating whatever pearls you have to give -if it can be applied to creating a paint-your-own piece.

All of you may vote to choose the three winning videos. The three prizes are fine, purebred dragons.

My L’eagles will soon provide information about dates, times, file formats and other specifics, as well as the dry words of the legal details.

You may email me with questions: Ayonah@windstoneeditions.com

Kiya
      Participant

Thanks, Ayonah!

*puts on official L’Eagle hat*

So here is a quick summary of the contest (full terms and conditions will be linked at the end!)

Create a video showing your tips and tricks for creating a great Paint-Your-Own Windstone. You must use an unaltered (except for painting!), official Windstone Paint-Your-Own sculpt. No repaints, no non-factory, eyes, etc.

The video must be no longer than five minutes long. We will be posting these on the official Windstone Editions YouTube channel for posterity, so please make sure you are comfortable with Windstone using your video before you submit.

HOW TO ENTER:
        Please send your video files via YouSendIt.com (or other file sharing service) to ayonah@windstoneeditions.com. The files will be reviewed to make sure they comply with the terms and conditions and then posted to the YouTube channel. One entry allowed per person, BUT, if you make a better video and want to change entries during the entry period, that’s fine. πŸ™‚ Please see the terms and conditions for restrictions on file type, but, in a nut shell, if YouTube can post it, we’ll accept it. Please keep the files under 100MBs.

WHO CAN ENTER:
        Anyone in the US, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom. Must be a registered user of the forum.

CONTEST PERIOD:
        The entry period runs from now until 11 am on December 6th. All times are Pacific Standard Time since that’s where Windstone is. πŸ™‚

Starting December 7th, we’ll post a poll with all the entries’ names and submitter names for you to vote on.

You MUST be a registered member of the forum to vote. Voting will run until December 14th and winners will be contacted no later than December 19th.

PRIZES:

1st Place – Emperor Dragon
        2nd Place – Male Dragon
        3rd Place – Fledgling Dragon

Please see the official Terms and Conditions for additional details. You’re also welcome to email Ayonah or ask questions in this thread. πŸ™‚

http://windstoneeditions.com/content/terms-and-conditions

Ayonah
        Participant

Thanks, Ayonah!

*puts on official L’Eagle hat*

So here is a quick summary of the contest (full terms and conditions will be linked at the end!)

Create a video showing your tips and tricks for creating a great Paint-Your-Own Windstone. You must use an unaltered (except for painting!), official Windstone Paint-Your-Own sculpt. No repaints, no non-factory, eyes, etc.

The video must be no longer than five minutes long. We will be posting these on the official Windstone Editions YouTube channel for posterity, so please make sure you are comfortable with Windstone using your video before you submit.

HOW TO ENTER:
          Please send your video files via YouSendIt.com (or other file sharing service) to ayonah@windstoneeditions.com. The files will be reviewed to make sure they comply with the terms and conditions and then posted to the YouTube channel. One entry allowed per person, BUT, if you make a better video and want to change entries during the entry period, that’s fine. πŸ™‚ Please see the terms and conditions for restrictions on file type, but, in a nut shell, if YouTube can post it, we’ll accept it. Please keep the files under 100MBs.

WHO CAN ENTER:
          Anyone in the US, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom. Must be a registered user of the forum.

CONTEST PERIOD:
          The entry period runs from now until 11 am on December 6th. All times are Pacific Standard Time since that’s where Windstone is. πŸ™‚

Starting December 7th, we’ll post a poll with all the entries’ names and submitter names for you to vote on.

You MUST be a registered member of the forum to vote. Voting will run until December 14th and winners will be contacted no later than December 19th.

PRIZES:

1st Place – Emperor Dragon
          2nd Place – Male Dragon
          3rd Place – Fledgling Dragon

Please see the official Terms and Conditions for additional details. You’re also welcome to email Ayonah or ask questions in this thread. πŸ™‚

http://windstoneeditions.com/content/terms-and-conditions

L’eagles have tails, not hats.

Kiya
          Participant

I have a hat. I’m keeping it! You can’t take it away!

I never said I didn’t have a tail too. πŸ˜›

Wait – unless I don’t have a head?!? That’s a scary thought!

*hands Ayonah some embroidery to distract him…*

twindragonsmum
            Participant

*hands Ayonah some embroidery to distract him…*

*snerk!*

tdm

tdm

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Wow! This will be a real challenge but I’ll see if I can give it a try!

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Misty
                Participant

So….since this is the Tanglian wilderness does our video have to be in chinese? :innocent: lol

WolfenMachine
                  Participant

What about those of us who aren’t big PYO painters?

Will the video be judged on the quality and asthetic of the video its self or the information in the video?

In other words, does it give one an advantage if you know how to do video editing and special effects?

Skylover
                    Participant

I wish I had something to record a five minute video with…

Oh well, I look forward to see some of the techniques that will be used in these videos.

Kiya
                      Participant

What about those of us who aren’t big PYO painters?

Will the video be judged on the quality and asthetic of the video its self or the information in the video?

In other words, does it give one an advantage if you know how to do video editing and special effects?

The videos will be voted on by the forum members. Only in the event of a tie will the staff be making the judgements.

So, I imagine video editing would probably give an advantage, but hopefully people will be voting mostly on the information offered. πŸ™‚

scenceable
                        Participant

I wish I did PYO pieces now! Oh well, hopefully there is a contest later I could enter. I’m excited to see the entries though!

scenceable
                          Participant

Oh, and a general question, if someone didn’t have an actual video camera, could they still make a video by using text slides and photos? If they edited photos and text together it could still be informative but wouldn’t include actual video footage… that way people with no video camera could still enter.

littleironhorse
                            Participant

WHO CAN ENTER:
                              Anyone in the US, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom.

A few notes:

1. I wasn’t planning to enter as I don’t think I’m really qualified for this.

2. Notwithstanting my time away, I’ve been a member and collector for a long time and I’m pretty sure that my posting history can show that I’m not the kind to make a scene, throw a tantrum or get angry easily.

3. I want to believe that there has to be a very good reason for that exclusion.

However, at the moment I must say that I am more angry and offended than I have ever been reading this forum!

Sylvie (in QUEBEC)

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

first quest is not for me…

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kiya
                                Participant

Unfortunately, promotion laws in Quebec require that you provide all contest items in French. Otherwise it is a violation of Canadian promotional law. The only way to NOT have to translate into French is if you exclude Quebec from the promotion. πŸ™

You also have to place a deposit in the value of the prize with the government, and a few other things that are challenging if you don’t have a legal person in Quebec to work with.

So, while we would LOVE to be able to offer the promotion in Quebec, we cannot legally do so until such a time as we are able to support the French language as well as English. πŸ™

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 138 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.