fbpx

The First Quest

Home Forums The Tanglian Wilderness Quests The First Quest

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Oh, and a general question, if someone didn’t have an actual video camera, could they still make a video by using text slides and photos? If they edited photos and text together it could still be informative but wouldn’t include actual video footage… that way people with no video camera could still enter.

I’ll have to check with John on this! I think that would be fine – I would just recommend that they not use any music in the back ground (unless it was their original composition) as we could run into legal issues with that.

But otherwise, as long as John approves, this does not seem contrary to the goals of the promotion. 🙂

bayoudragon
      Participant

awww man! I’m in the middle of a move right now… I had to put all of my PYOs on hold. Bah! Fiddlesticks! >.<

scenceable
        Participant

WHO CAN ENTER:
          Anyone in the US, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom.

A few notes:

1. I wasn’t planning to enter as I don’t think I’m really qualified for this.

2. Notwithstanting my time away, I’ve been a member and collector for a long time and I’m pretty sure that my posting history can show that I’m not the kind to make a scene, throw a tantrum or get angry easily.

3. I want to believe that there has to be a very good reason for that exclusion.

However, at the moment I must say that I am more angry and offended than I have ever been reading this forum!

Sylvie (in QUEBEC)

I’ve always wondered why this is as well, since pretty much ALL contests in the states or Canada I’ve entered or read about exclude Quebec. It’s definitely not just windstone doing that! I figured they had some weird law on contests that was hard to get around and Kiya’s explanation makes sense.

If you DID want to enter could we set something up where the entry is under my name? So then if it won, I would have won, but I could send the prize to you? (You live pretty close to me for shipping), or would that be a gross violation of some law or rule? (I know you said you didn’t want to enter, but for future contests…)

Kiya
          Participant

If you DID want to enter could we set something up where the entry is under my name? So then if it won, I would have won, but I could send the prize to you? (You live pretty close to me for shipping), or would that be a gross violation of some law or rule?

*plugs ears and sings “lalalalala”*

Well, yes, this is a gross violation of both the laws and the rules. BUT if neither of you told us, we wouldn’t know, and we’d never find out unless you told us (or sued).

🙂

And, once you have your prize, what you do with it is entirely up to you….

Skeeterdeee
            Participant

I don’t think I have the technology to participate 🙁 (Unless I can bribe my computer savvy teenage brother to help :bigsmile: )

Kiya
              Participant

Okay – Clarification obtained!

If you want to submit a slide show with pictures and instructions in text in lieu of a video, this is okay as long as you deliver it in a format that can be hosted on YouTube.

Hopefully this will help a few of you! 🙂

Lupuslunae
                Participant

This is such a cool idea! I wish I had more free time but school is sucking the life out of meeeeee!!! The semester isn’t over until Dec. 8th, but if I finish my final papers early, I’ll be all over this quest, not that I’m very good at PYOs(I’ve only done one!), but this is an amazingly fun idea! With the calendar contest, and now this, you guys are coming up with the greatest things for your fans ::cough:: stalkers ::cough:: to do involving our favorite obsession.

littleironhorse
                  Participant

Unfortunately, promotion laws in Quebec require that you provide all contest items in French. Otherwise it is a violation of Canadian promotional law. The only way to NOT have to translate into French is if you exclude Quebec from the promotion. 🙁

You also have to place a deposit in the value of the prize with the government, and a few other things that are challenging if you don’t have a legal person in Quebec to work with.

So, while we would LOVE to be able to offer the promotion in Quebec, we cannot legally do so until such a time as we are able to support the French language as well as English. 🙁

Well, I’m just happy that there is, in fact, a good reason for these terms.

dragonmedley
                    Participant

Okay – Clarification obtained!

If you want to submit a slide show with pictures and instructions in text in lieu of a video, this is okay as long as you deliver it in a format that can be hosted on YouTube.

Hopefully this will help a few of you! 🙂

That’s a huge help!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                      I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                      http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
                      Participant

If you DID want to enter could we set something up where the entry is under my name? So then if it won, I would have won, but I could send the prize to you? (You live pretty close to me for shipping), or would that be a gross violation of some law or rule? (I know you said you didn’t want to enter, but for future contests…)

That’s sweet scenceable, but I wouldn’t want to get either you or Windstone in trouble. I’ll be just as happy to cast my vote when it comes to that 😉

dragonmedley
                        Participant

WHO CAN ENTER:
                          Anyone in the US, Canada (excluding Quebec), and the United Kingdom.

A few notes:

1. I wasn’t planning to enter as I don’t think I’m really qualified for this.

2. Notwithstanting my time away, I’ve been a member and collector for a long time and I’m pretty sure that my posting history can show that I’m not the kind to make a scene, throw a tantrum or get angry easily.

3. I want to believe that there has to be a very good reason for that exclusion.

However, at the moment I must say that I am more angry and offended than I have ever been reading this forum!

Sylvie (in QUEBEC)

I don’t know if you noticed, but on a lot of contests here in Canada, Québec is excluded – simply because the laws are different in that province.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                          I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                          http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

littleironhorse
                          Participant

I don’t know if you noticed, but on a lot of contests here in Canada, Québec is excluded – simply because the laws are different in that province.

I never noticed as I never enter contests so I’ve never paid much attention to the rules, but kiya explained earlier.

lamortefille
                            Participant

Well, I’m going to be a brat…at least the brat that’s willing to say something. Or maybe I’m the only one without any painting (or any other kind of) talent, or tips and tricks to make a video. That’s always possible. I honestly don’t think any contest should exclude forum members, though, or be geared toward a certain group the way this one is. Yes, I’m free to try, as I’m sure will be pointed out, but really, I would be up against some members that could actually paint for Windstone with their level of talent. So anyway, if you want to make it fun, you should try to make it fun for everybody. Just my 2 cents. Everybody is free to throw rotten tomatoes, say haters gonna hate or whatever. I’ve been collecting since 1988, though, and a forum member since almost the beginning and yeah, my feelings are hurt. I’m not a “fellow artist”; I’m a buyer.

Azurielle
                              Participant

I’m sure there will be more quests geared towards other things (like the calender photo thing). And I’m not every quest will be for everyone. It’s too bad that international laws make it hard for windstone to let everyone enter, but that’s not something they can change. I think that the quest thing is a nice to do, and Windstone already does lots of nice things. Not every person can qualify for everything, so to the few, please don’t ruin it for the many. Other forums I have been on have stopped doing fun things because some people felt hurt and/or jumped to conclusions.

Keeper of the Fledgings

scenceable
                                Participant

Sooo I just read the terms again. For some reason when I read the prize list, I assumed that the winner could pick an emperor from the store, or a male from the store, out of what is currently in stock. But the prize is essentially a commission by Melody (or PS?) which is amazing.

It’s kind of funny because people were just talking a few days ago about changing the raffles to be like, windstone trivia or something, this is sort of like that I guess.

Lots of people collect windstones but don’t do PYOs (like me!) but there are some forum members who don’t buy many windstones and just do PYOs, isn’t there? I mean the calendar contest excluded people who don’t have a camera, didn’t it? There’s always something, at least with the quests they’ve said there will be more in the future, and I doubt all of them will be for PYO artists only.

I’m pretty excited to see what people come up with! I was thinking of doing a hilarious satirical video of me dumping paint on the floor then rolling the windstone through it or something, ha, we’ll see XD

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 138 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.