fbpx

Thank you Snap!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Thank you Snap!

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

What is this Vista you speak of?

That weird thing that Microsoft came out with that’s meant to be a general screwup for the consumers?

We need something to complain about, might as well be that.

Having said that…. *pats Vista machine that for now isn’t doing weird things and hasn’t crashed… yet*

NirvanaCat13
      Participant

The sheer number of Microsoft known bugs/errors when they release a new product is staggering and sickening…

Thank you Snap :).

Anyone here try or have Windows 7?

siberakh1
        Participant

Thank you Snap for all the work you do! Migrations can be a lot of work and headache!

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

The sheer number of Microsoft known bugs/errors when they release a new product is staggering and sickening…

No kidding. The new Mac OS out (Snowleopard) didn’t make that many changes compared to the previous Mac OS (Leopard), however one thing it did do was streamline the code to be more efficient AND take up less space on the hard drive. I’d like to see Microsoft take that approach someday and get rid of half the crap they package in their OS and make it more streamlined and efficient with less ‘junk’, but I suspect that would be up there with pigs growing wings and flying, or a money tree being planted in my backyard, sprouting hundred dollar bills instead of leaves. However I don’t like the fact that if anything needs to be done hardware wise in a Mac, you need to send it in. I have a computer degree and want to fix it myself if I can dangit! With a windows OS though, I have gone with the notion of waiting at least 3 (preferably 6 months) after a new Windows OS has come out, because there are usually some pretty large bugs they fail to see on release). I need to get a new laptop this winter, after the new year and I haven’t figured out what I want yet for an OS… I really like my XP, so I’m cringing to have to go to 7 (want to play test it first to see how badly it blows up), can’t really afford getting a Mac right now (oh so nice, but oh so pricey), so I may just go Ubuntu and use WINE for the few Windows softwares that would matter to me (like Photoshop CS3 suite and Rosetta Stone).

Xtharsa
          Participant

If you can get a mac do…I have a mac book pro with duo processer…So I have windows and mac ๐Ÿ˜€ two OS’s for price of one. Never ever had problem with it and never had viruses on my windows side….Although sleep mode is a bit tricky on windows side…closing laptop closes programs and signs you out…Not so on mac side. I got a free Ipod with mine too ๐Ÿ™‚

Ps: Itunes is the devil :< not recognizing my ipod due to lack of updating software…I hate that it wants to erase my music…

Anonymous

You just have to skip every other OS that M$ releases.

98 was OK.
              ME was 100% useless and was pulled from marketing within what, two months?
              XP was OK.
              Vista was mediocre useless, and was pulled from marketing after a year.
              Longhorn never really hit the market because I think they learned from ME (LH was the same sort of hybrid push-mid-market release crap)
              7 … is really supposed to be 8 .. but I think they’re embarrassed by ME and skipped a version..

I’m using 32 bit XP and 64 bit RedHat .. I think my next move is to 64 bit XP, simply so I can use more memory.

If it ain’t broke…

Maria
              Participant

I’m curious to see how Windows 7 does…

Anonymous

It crashes in 7 seconds!

*starts humming Neneh Cherry*

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

One nice thing about Vista is you can set it up to run like XP and that’s what hubby and I have done on his laptop and the desktop. Sad thing is I haven’t spent much time on the desktop since we bought it a few months ago when our old XP desktop hard drive was failing.

twindragonsmum
                    Participant

Holy Creole-y what a TON of work!!! Thanks for all you do for us, Snappy! We’d def be lost in La-la land without your hard work (well, I would be…)

THANKIES!!!

twindragonsmum ๐Ÿ˜€

tdm

Anonymous

Where see hard work.

It was harder moving my condo out >< … which I'm STILL doing tonight, in the snow. There is still at least one more trip left.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.