fbpx

tfsculptures PYOs

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone tfsculptures PYOs

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

tfsculptures wrote:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee! oh thanks dragonfeathers! i want to do more, to have em available for peeps, if interested, but its tough to buy new ones to paint when juicy stuff is coming up on ebay, lol. however if i painted some n sold em then i’d have money for more windstones; thats the goal but i’m backwards right now! spending $$ i don’t have on retireds etc. so i have little money to buy pyos in hopes of selling some! d’oh! lol.
      i am going thursday to get more metallic paints, to come up some more cool/original color patterns … i found some that have 2 or more tones in them, like light purple n gold, red and gold, not to mention a single tone green exactly like on the emerald green dragons-i have those already, but i want more. they had an awesome metallic sea green but it was expensive, like 24 bucks for some reason.. i do look to put alot more out there though, i am just a real nit-picking slow poke, so i have a bunch half done all over my desk, ugh!
      btw, you are SOOOOOOO close to where i live with u being in taunton and me in bristol, i’m ~35- 40 minutes from you! lol! i think thats pretty darn close for random peeps on the same forum. my boyfriend/fiance works at comcast in new bedford, just a smidge away from you! anyway, for whatever thats worth! let me tell ya, there are no windstones in shops in THIS neck of the woods! sounds like they are down your way in m.a. ….rhode island has squat!

Oh wow! I hadn’t even noticed you were in RI! Yea!!! You are so close! That’s awesome!!! I know what you mean about trying to paint for a “Buy More Windstones” fund. At the moment I shouldn’t even be buying a curl, but alas, I cannot resist =) LOL

I’d definatly comission one from you sometime. I bet you would paint an insane Large PYO dragon when they came out. That would be beautiful in the color scheme you did for the little one. You could even make a matching set! OH! That would me nice!!!

Yea, so as far as stores go! NOTHING! There is one in our mall that usually has squat, but now that some new colors are out they got a few male dragons, but nothing too exciting. I’m sure once they sell it will be back to a small hatchlings in a few different colors. Bah!

LOL! I was thinking of applying to Comcast actually! How funny. I got laid off from my old job and then have been painting PYOs and doing odd jobs for money to get me through the holidays. Nice to meet you by the way!!! I’m SO GLAD someone in my area is on the forum now and can also share in my heartache of being SO FAR AWAY from the Windstone factory! LOL

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Tiffany
      Participant

well in regards to the big pyo, i have the colors to do the violet flame, so i was going to paint him up for myself, like a mini violet flame secret keeper, since i don’t think i’ll be getting a real one!! ohh a matched set would be good! uh oh, don’t make me buy two initially! i wonder how they will be priced? still very reasonable i’m sure. but hey why would you to commisson ME?! your own paint jobs are AWESOME silly goose!! omg i love your new purple kirin!! man the tones and tone gradation! super droooooooooooooool! you do really nice stuff! i have your pink griffin saved as one of my favorites for great griff paint jobs!!i am wicked picky too!i gave up on my griffs for now, they were being sassy with me. 😑
        as for comcast, my honey worked there before, left in hopes of more $$ locally (as their jobs ARE limited locally if you want to really ascend the ladder like he does.. everything is in manchester, nh.) and it backfired so he is back there again and LOVES IT!!!!! they are GREAT to work for with real respect/apprecation for their employees- they know if they treat u good, you will work harder for em. he brings home prizes almost every week as thank yous for doing a great job, like gift cards and gift checks.last year- now this will kill you- comcast took them to see the lord of the rings show at the museum of science in boston, chauferred em up there, gave em a huge catered lunch and free admission to the show plus spending money in the gift shop!!!!!!! let me tell you i am sure they heard me screaming with jealousy at the windstone facory from out here!! ack!!! im still sick over that! can you tell i never got to go cuz he was like, oh IIIIII SAW IT ALREADY. ack!!!!! anyhoo, they are very good to work for.

Tiffany
        Participant

oh and of course nice to meet you too! πŸ™‚

Arlla
          Participant

Hey, before Drag0nfeathers hogs them all, I’ll definitely be jumping on your commission bandwagon, too. πŸ˜‰ Save one for me!

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
            -J R R Tolkien

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Arlla wrote:

Hey, before Drag0nfeathers hogs them all, I’ll definitely be jumping on your commission bandwagon, too. πŸ˜‰ Save one for me!

LOL! I won’t be hogging anything anytime soon! Remember, Bubba’s 2,000 bill? I need to pay that first! haha

Got a busted Windstone?
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Tattoo Mother Kirin

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

tfsculptures wrote:

well in regards to the big pyo, i have the colors to do the violet flame, so i was going to paint him up for myself, like a mini violet flame secret keeper, since i don’t think i’ll be getting a real one!! ohh a matched set would be good! uh oh, don’t make me buy two initially! i wonder how they will be priced? still very reasonable i’m sure. but hey why would you to commisson ME?! your own paint jobs are AWESOME silly goose!! omg i love your new purple kirin!! man the tones and tone gradation! super droooooooooooooool! you do really nice stuff! i have your pink griffin saved as one of my favorites for great griff paint jobs!!i am wicked picky too!i gave up on my griffs for now, they were being sassy with me. 😑
                as for comcast, my honey worked there before, left in hopes of more $$ locally (as their jobs ARE limited locally if you want to really ascend the ladder like he does.. everything is in manchester, nh.) and it backfired so he is back there again and LOVES IT!!!!! they are GREAT to work for with real respect/apprecation for their employees- they know if they treat u good, you will work harder for em. he brings home prizes almost every week as thank yous for doing a great job, like gift cards and gift checks.last year- now this will kill you- comcast took them to see the lord of the rings show at the museum of science in boston, chauferred em up there, gave em a huge catered lunch and free admission to the show plus spending money in the gift shop!!!!!!! let me tell you i am sure they heard me screaming with jealousy at the windstone facory from out here!! ack!!! im still sick over that! can you tell i never got to go cuz he was like, oh IIIIII SAW IT ALREADY. ack!!!!! anyhoo, they are very good to work for.

WOW! Good to know! I wonder if they hire without “college experience” though. That’s been a big issue for me so far as to finding a GOOD job. I’m pretty intelligent though. I’ve interviewed so many people during my old job and there are just so many…for lack of a better word, dumb people out there! This one time, I was interviewing this kid and her put under the area for the names you were otherwise known as (married name, changed name from another country type of thing) all his highschool nicknames. Then someone else, in the section where it asks “why would you want to work for our company?” They wrote “whay ask why? Drink Bud Dry” and they wonder why they didn’t get hired. LOL!

Thanks for the praise on my PYO’s but they don;t hold a candle to what I’ve seen of yours so far! Arlla’s are insane too, you should check out her Gallery. and Watergazer too. I really want to buy and airbrush and see if I can do any good with that.

Oh! my Pinkity Pink Griffin?!? I love her, I was SO EXCITED when Melody put a comment on it I won’t take it down even though it wasn’t finished in that photo of it. I didn’t finish the stripes, or gloss it yet. I was thinking of putting a finished photo up, but never got around to it. hehe

Got a busted Windstone?
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Tattoo Mother Kirin

Tiffany
                Participant

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gawd i have loved your guys stuff for so long!! arllas griffs, my gosh! the silver tabby! the snowy! the kite! the orange tabby! my god i can’t handle it! really, you two are my favorite painters on here! i would never have the patience to do the stripes, ultra fine blending and teenie work you two do! i have tendonitis which makes it hard for me to do extended amounts of fine brushwork- sculpting is ok, i hold the tools differently and have all the patience in the world for that- but brushes hurt and i get shaky. thats why it takes me a bit to finish one. i really need to get the hang of the griffins though, i love them and want to do em up nice, but they have been tricky for me so far. you guys are giving me a confidence boost i needed to get working at these more.but also discouraging that mine would look that good! lol and ugh! we are our own worst critics though. i love doing custom work for people, i really like to please folks, not to mention working for someone who KNOWS something about art!! i usually do custom sculptures for peeps with no visual/conceptual/art anything, which is difficult to work with sometimes, as the don’t understand what is and isn’t feasible due to the materials you are working with….anyhoo, you two kick butt; my hats off to you if i had a hat…

Tiffany
                  Participant

oh and drag0n in regards to comcast, you don’t need college experience with them, they train you for whatever you go for. naturally it helps if you have experience with cable/phone/internet, or customer service, but there are so many specifics to comcast alone that no matter what EVERYONE gets trained, and paid for it too, and reimbursed for gas money too! sweet! my bf has been in cable stuff for 11- 12 years and they still retrained him on all their stuff, right along with total greenhorns. plus all of that is such a field that changes constantly, so y’all need to be updated regularly on things anyway.he says is easy work too for what they pay you (though it varies by experience and good ol fashioned bartering- each peep has different pay!), you know, just taking calls, dealing with peeps, n helping get what is best for them. he loves their philosophy their of putting employees and customers before making money.see what they have open, and depending on how i get to know you, my honey could recommend you- hes tight with one of the hirers.you know, enough to where we could competently vouch for knowing your character, knowledge level etc. honestly, they are very easy going there though, i think as long as u have good people skills you will get in JUST JUUUUUUUUUUST FINE, with no help at all even. πŸ™‚

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

OKay, first off, your painting, from what I’ve seen so far, totally rocks! So don’t get down too hard on yourself =) I know we are all our own worst enemy with that kind of stuff! LOL! I hate half of the stuff I paint, haha!

I will have to check into Comcast for sure!!! I’m glad to hear they train you. I thought they would since evrything is always changing so much and being updated, but I had this feeling I’d walk in and they woul dpont and laugh since in person I look like a 16 years old girl who’s just breaking 5 feet tall. LOL! UGH! Customer service is NO PROBLEM I have TONS of THAT! Internet is easy too. It’s trying not to electricute myself that would be the only problem, hahaha!

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.