fbpx

Texting while Driving

Home Forums Miscellany Community Texting while Driving

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Serenity wrote:

The pictures I am talking about… and its being Emailed. If it is at a web site, I wouldn’t care because I don’t go surfing for that kind of crap…

I entirely agree about the email part. But even with filtering software, most of us get plenty of emails that if you follow the link you find yourself at an Internet pron site (I am deliberately circumventing the word filter, there, to avoid misunderstanding).

I don’t see a difference between that kind of email and the email you are talking about. I mean, I literally don’t consider them to be different.

My answer is the same for any message that arrives via email: If you don’t know and trust the sender, don’t click on ANY links in the message. If you do know and trust the sender, but they send you something like this anyway, take it personally. Chew them out soundly, and revise your “trust” filter accordingly.

The Castle [Dave wrote:

“]… don’t click on ANY links in the message.

Sudden thought: if you have HTML turned on in your email client you may have the images load right there on the screen without you having to click on anything.

I have HTML turned off, primarily to avoid the irritation of slow-loading flashy ads for things I don’t want, so what I see in my junk mail is either nothing or garbage text with clickable links that I don’t click on.

So yes, receiving a picture of something you don’t want to see, that your email client displays when you look at the message… well, that’s got to be distressing. That’s clearly untoward behaviour on the part of the ratbag who sent it.

However, I would entirely blame the person sending it; not the image itself, or even the medium.

Of course, I got sent this by a friend that I used to trust. She thought it was ‘cool’. 👿 I told her to NEVER send me that sh** again. I’ve seen one dead person, I almost thought I was going to see another at one time (thank goodness not though) and I didn’t want to see pictures like that. I know stuff like that happens. Doesn’t mean I want it emailed to me. 👿 👿

Stephanie
    Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

Of course, I got sent this by a friend that I used to trust. She thought it was ‘cool’. 👿 I told her to NEVER send me that sh** again. I’ve seen one dead person, I almost thought I was going to see another at one time (thank goodness not though) and I didn’t want to see pictures like that. I know stuff like that happens. Doesn’t mean I want it emailed to me. 👿 👿

Agreed… the email was sent by a person that I do trust… and there are no links… they are attached pictures. Not a link to goto a site. I have recieved it twice and since I know what is in it, I don’t read it and I sure don’t forward it to anyone else.

Now I “peek” in the emails to see what kind of pictures are attached… if they are not friendly or Kid friendly, I don’t read it all and just delete it.

lamortefille
      Participant

I agree that everyone has their own choices on what they see or receive in their email. Nothing like that should be sent around without a warning, preferably right in the subject line. It’s not funny to upset your friends!

Not everyone sends that email around as a sick joke, though. A friend of mine sent it to me when he knew my daughter was taking driving lessons preparing to get her license. He thought it might be good for her to see and I agreed. She watches plenty of horror movies, so she didn’t faint. Ha! Kids are very desensitized these days. That email has been sent around with various titles….don’t drink and drive, don’t talk on your cell phone and drive, etc. Whatever the title, the message is the same: be careful on the road. My opinion is that kids need to be reminded that they are not indestructible.

darjeb
        Participant

I don’t have a cellphone because they haven’t made one that really works for the hard of hearing but I have seen plenty of near accidents caused by someone talking on one.

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.