fbpx

Temeraire, Crucible of Gold! WooHoo.

Home Forums Miscellany General Writing Discussion Temeraire, Crucible of Gold! WooHoo.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

It is just hours away from being released. I am eagerly awaiting this next book. I absolutely LOVE the Temeraire series.

Michelle
      Participant

Oooh ooh ooh! Me too! I can’t wait to get my paws on this book! I’ve been not so patiently counting the days. 🙂

Joy

Wow, she was allowed to write another one after Tongues of Serpents? Don’t get me wrong, I adored the first three and enjoyed 4 & 5, but I slogged through about the first third/half of the sixth and gave up. I found it incredibly boring and pointless and had no idea why she thought dragging them around the Australian desert was ever a good idea!

Is this one going to return to the original style/story which made the series so excellent in the beginning?

Michelle
          Participant

I actually do agree that the last book was…tedious. There were parts of the story I really enjoyed, but overall I felt like I just kept waiting for it to get interesting. I won’t let that deter me, though. This isn’t the first series I’ve read where the writer has a rough patch towards the end. I’m willing to give the new one a chance. 🙂

Robin
            Participant

The reviews are all positive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.